QB recruiting

thirdgenhoosier

7 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Trent Green was terrible at IU despite playing for a winning team. Guy threw more INTs than TD’s. No starting QB does that 

I'm not sure I would say he was terrible.  He also had 13 rushing TDs his junior year and at one point held the single season passing yardage record for IU and I think is still in the top 5 for career yardage?  I'm not sure I'd say a guy who is in the athletics hall of fame was terrible.  If you want to make the argument that ARE was better, ok.

29 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I'm not sure I would say he was terrible.  He also had 13 rushing TDs his junior year and at one point held the single season passing yardage record for IU and I think is still in the top 5 for career yardage?  I'm not sure I'd say a guy who is in the athletics hall of fame was terrible.  If you want to make the argument that ARE was better, ok.

Fair enough, I still think he was mediocre at IU but surrounded by a really good team and went on to have a solid career in the pros. Im not convinced he would sniff the IU athletics HoF if not for his NFL success. Without guys like Vaughn Dunbar and a pretty solid defense, those IU teams would have been terrible which was pretty evident in 92 after Dunbar left 

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Fair enough, I still think he was mediocre at IU but surrounded by a really good team and went on to have a solid career in the pros. Im not convinced he would sniff the IU athletics HoF if not for his NFL success. Without guys like Vaughn Dunbar and a pretty solid defense, those IU teams would have been terrible which was pretty evident in 92 after Dunbar left 

I won't argue that.  I really was just trying to brainstorm which 5 Rico might be talking about.  Still curious to see which 5 he has in mind.

11 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I won't argue that.  I really was just trying to brainstorm which 5 Rico might be talking about.  Still curious to see which 5 he has in mind.

Me too. Rico what says you?

For me Sudfeld and Randle El get a tie for number one because Sudfeld had way more play makers surrounding him and was one dimensional in a pass first system so his stats/impact are hard to compare.

Don’t forget ARE is second only to Anthony Thompson for all time rushing yards/TDs at IU and Im told the only 40 PTD/40 RTD player in NCAA history. #3 is Ben Chappell, #4 Kellen Lewis (the closest we saw to ARE since but only really played QB full time for two seasons) #5 goes to Trent Green

The few highlight reels Randle El has on youtube are worth a watch btw. Guy was as fun to watch as anyone I’ve ever seen 

Look I too loved watching ARE play.  He was a special player for sure, and an IU legend.  I was born in '67, but Clifford, Bradley, Laufenberg, Schnell, Green, Dittoe, and Sudfeld were all better "true" QBs.  That is just my opinion and each to their own.

16 hours ago, KDB said:

JUCO QB Terry Wilson has canceled his visit to IU this weekend and moved up his Kentucky trip a week to replace it. 

He is also planning to take a visit to Florida during the week.

I'm not a recruiting guru, but that seems like a bad sign. :|

On 12/5/2017 at 7:21 PM, thirdgenhoosier said:

I asked this a couple of days ago and nobody bit.  What about the kid from Michigan, La'Darius Jefferson?  Looks like it's either us or Sparty...announcing on Christmas day.

Swapped his OV dates and is taking them on the 8th to MSU, and the 15th to IU.

He has stated he loves the opportunity at IU and the direction Tom Allen has the program headed.

I think the fact that we are recruiting him as a QB while MSU wants him at RB could give us the edge in the end.

Archived