Landscaping / Gardening thread

Reacher

Guess I'm getting a sprinkler today since I get less rain the the Mojave desert.

Put in a watermelon plant early June and is doing pretty well  have 5 blossoms already.  Also, have a surprise squash plant.  At the end of every season I toss all my pots and any pumpkins from halloween and food scraps in the garden.  So, I dont know what it is but it started growing in April so its should produce soon.

We were surprised to have some blueberries this year from a few blueberry bushes we planted last summer. Also got the first yellow squash this week along with some cherry tomatoes. We have tomato plants about 4-5 feet tall night now and flowering like crazy. Also cucumbers, zucchini, and pumpkins are all flowering. Hoping to have some bigger tomatoes ripen in a week or two.

1 hour ago, FritzIam4IU said:

We were surprised to have some blueberries this year from a few blueberry bushes we planted last summer. Also got the first yellow squash this week along with some cherry tomatoes. We have tomato plants about 4-5 feet tall night now and flowering like crazy. Also cucumbers, zucchini, and pumpkins are all flowering. Hoping to have some bigger tomatoes ripen in a week or two.

When we moved into our current house.  We had some plants. Just thought they were just that. And we had a German Shepard, which we left out during the day. As I and Mrs. mile were both working at the time.  It was not until that German passed..... did we realize the those plants were rasberries !   And our current German Shepard has no interest in eating them, like our first one did. 

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

We have a couple blueberry bushes as well. Rather small but they are producing berries. Hopefully the birds will leave us some! My tomato is also a good 4 ft tall, watermelon and or pumpkin are blossoming. 1 cucumber about an inch long and no peppers yet. 

• Like 1

Came back from our trip to Maryland and our cherry tomatoes had really turned. We picked about 20 or so that my wife could use for dinner last night.

Talked to the neighbors who were kind enough to water our plants while we were gone and they said that they had picked a couple dozen while we were gone - I had told them that any red tomatoes were fair game.

Slicer tomatoes were definitely a lot bigger, but not turning colors yet.

All the annuals and perennials are really getting bushy. Need to take a picture of the wildness up here to give @Leathernecks OCD a bump!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Came back from our trip to Maryland and our cherry tomatoes had really turned. We picked about 20 or so that my wife could use for dinner last night.

Talked to the neighbors who were kind enough to water our plants while we were gone and they said that they had picked a couple dozen while we were gone - I had told them that any red tomatoes were fair game.

Slicer tomatoes were definitely a lot bigger, but not turning colors yet.

All the annuals and perennials are really getting bushy. Need to take a picture of the wildness up here to give @Leathernecks OCD a bump!

I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it!

2 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Zucchini from the Garden are starting to pay off..wife made 4 loaves of Zucchini bread..😀

20200714_161613.jpg

Had a zucchinni  that Mrs. mile had her eye on. Not ready yet... but.   Saw a wasqually wabbit take off with it this morning.  Mrs.mile makes a great  zucchinni bread. Your's looks great.  Enjoy !

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 12:57 PM, Leathernecks said:

I'm getting the shakes just thinking about it!

Just for you, my friend.

Notice the sweet potato vine on the right starting to take over the pavement - it's also going between the metal railings.

Also the cat mint plant by the white chair is really getting up close and personal when you sit there. I've usually got a bumblebee or two grazing my shoulder while I'm having my morning coffee.

But the topper for sure is the star jasmine in the corner on the left (by the wall of cacti). If you zoom in, you can see its tendrils going everywhere. One of them was right in your face when you sit on the loveseat. I did trim them after the photo, but wanted you to get the full OCD effect for you! 😂

IMG_3481.jpg