Landscaping / Gardening thread

Reacher

3 hours ago, rico said:

I had one at my last house. Pretty tree but very messy. Was next to my concrete driveway and those  berries would mess up my car and driveway. Very susceptible to branches splitting off as they mature ruining their look. I have noticed this spring in some grassland type fields a lot of younger BP trees seem to have popped up. Easy to pick out when flowering.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

My town is full of them. They invade my nostrils every spring. Smells like rotting fish. 

• Haha 1

I haven't been the best plant parent this spring.  I let things get a little dry early on and I think it hurt some of my seeds, now I think I've been watering too much and the leaves are turning a little yellow.  I really need to get it together!  Hoping to start setting them outside a little at a time this coming week, and going to try to plant the following weekend.

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

My wife knows my secret now. I use her phone to take quality pictures to share with you guys. 

So it begins. Old reliable in the background.  May look ugly but it works. 

Resized_20210427_173452.jpg

A little plot of earth to plant how you want is never ugly. It’s freaking awesome! Living somewhere without it, I’ve never appreciated it more. And I love to live vicariously through you guys. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

A little plot of earth to plant how you want is never ugly. It’s freaking awesome! Living somewhere without it, I’ve never appreciated it more. And I love to live vicariously through you guys. 

Its probably going to get bigger.  Planting tomatoes next week and more peppers. By next Thursday everything should be in the ground. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Chance of low temp around 40 for Friday this week here in Indy. I'm thinking this week or weekend is time to transfer tomato/pepper plants from inside to pots. Anyone else already transfer to pots or ground here in the Midwest? 

I did see some Amish around Shipshe had tomato/pepper plants in the ground on Thursday afternoon.  Went back by early Friday morn to see them covered with big glass jars of some sort.

• Like 1

Ok Gang. Is Basil as easy as it sounds? I just picked up a few and basically they said transfer plant into pot. When a flower appears pinch it so it continues to grow and when pruning you go 1/4 inch above what they call the node? Will it keep producing all summer?

Also...any hibiscus growers on here? Any advice or tips? 

Decided to hold off on transferring tomato/pepper plants until next weekend. 

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ok Gang. Is Basil as easy as it sounds? I just picked up a few and basically they said transfer plant into pot. When a flower appears pinch it so it continues to grow and when pruning you go 1/4 inch above what they call the node? Will it keep producing all summer?

I've had no problems with Basil. Grows really well and as long as you keep the flowers(bolts) picked will grow all season. My only problem is I cant eat it fast enough!

I will be putting the rest of mine in after it stops raining next week whatever day that is.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I planted a row of green beans 2 hours ago.  

• Like 1