Jump to content

End of Season Report Card


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

You left off Grant Gelon.

If he entered the transfer portal, IU fans would be salivate.  Former Indiana all star.  Shot 42% from three last two years in HS.  Shot almost 44% from three this past season at Bethel.  I can see the comments now:

"He is the sharpshooter IU needs.  A dead eye specialist.  A 6'5" 195 lb Randy Wittman clone that would make defenses pay dearly." 

I never do that, of course.

However, let me tell you about another kid who is 6'6" 170 lb, and will easily be 6'11" 260 by the time he's in college . . .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Really glad to see you gave Al a B.  No, he's not an All Big Ten caliber player, but I'll never understand the over the top criticism he receives from some.  

As a SR, who is battle tested in the toughest conference the NCAA has to offer, I guarantee HSN will appreciate his services!  He will never be Conf All American but could be that glue guy that every underrated team seams to have that overachieves comes March!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Really glad to see you gave Al a B.  No, he's not an All Big Ten caliber player, but I'll never understand the over the top criticism he receives from some.  

I started lower, but when I looked at his improvement year over year I had to go up.  He's never going to be an elite player, but if he can be used properly as a senior I think he can have a really strong finish.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I started lower, but when I looked at his improvement year over year I had to go up.  He's never going to be an elite player, but if he can be used properly as a senior I think he can have a really strong finish.

Agree. I thought Durham was playing really well off the ball the last couple weeks of the season. They moved to some sets where Al would run baseline and then curl around a screen to the elbow and he was really effective in that set. 

I think Durham is a really good piece that you can definitely win with. I also think his biggest issue to this point has mainly been the roster around him. Again, Durham is a really solid player, but also the type of player on a really good team that should be a backup guard to this point, not a 3-year starter. That's not a slight on Durham and it's not me saying he shouldn't get minutes, but at this level he's a really, really good backup, but he's an average starter. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I thought Durham was playing really well off the ball the last couple weeks of the season. They moved to some sets where Al would run baseline and then curl around a screen to the elbow and he was really effective in that set. 

I think Durham is a really good piece that you can definitely win with. I also think his biggest issue to this point has mainly been the roster around him. Again, Durham is a really solid player, but also the type of player on a really good team that should be a backup guard to this point, not a 3-year starter. That's not a slight on Durham and it's not me saying he shouldn't get minutes, but at this level he's a really, really good backup, but he's an average starter. 

If anyone can diagnose bb talent.... it is you. Having worked for the Boston Celtics as you have.  Really respect your inputs. And posting this for our members who are not aware of your background.  To pay attention, when you speak. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. I thought Durham was playing really well off the ball the last couple weeks of the season. They moved to some sets where Al would run baseline and then curl around a screen to the elbow and he was really effective in that set. 

I think Durham is a really good piece that you can definitely win with. I also think his biggest issue to this point has mainly been the roster around him. Again, Durham is a really solid player, but also the type of player on a really good team that should be a backup guard to this point, not a 3-year starter. That's not a slight on Durham and it's not me saying he shouldn't get minutes, but at this level he's a really, really good backup, but he's an average starter. 

Completely agree.  Having Phinisee and Lander should take Durham completely off the ball.  Add an improved Franklin and Durham should be able to find a reduced role that he can thrive in.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2020 at 12:34 PM, milehiiu said:

If anyone can diagnose bb talent.... it is you. Having worked for the Boston Celtics as you have.  Really respect your inputs. And posting this for our members who are not aware of your background.  To pay attention, when you speak. 

Thanks so much for the kind words, Mile! I just love talking basketball and this has been such a great community to be a part of over the years! Thanks so much for all you do to make this group what it is!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...