Possible Off Season "Project"?

I'll apologize in advance if this post violates any rules or restrictions...still kind of a newbie poster...

I thought I would share an idea for a possible Hoosier Nation off season “project”, if there’s interest (and if it’s possible).

I was thinking that it could be either just discussion/reminiscing, or discussion plus action.

Background…

Anyone else collect the annual IU calendars/posters? Still, or back in the day?

-        When did these get started, what year?

-        Anyone know who the original artist was?

-        Anyone know the story on how these got started?

-        Anyone have a good collection of them?

-        Are these stored or available electronically or online anywhere?

Possible "action"…

-        Would it be possible to share photos or electronic versions of these posters online? Possibly on HSN?

-        Any copyright or other prohibitions?

I know we can go look at past rosters but being able to look at these would be pretty cool too, if it could be done.

I can remember waiting to get a new copy of the new season’s poster each year for many years.

Even if we can’t or don’t share these electronically, it could promote a fun discussion.

Thanks.

IU Cal 92.jpg

10 minutes ago, BankShot said:

I'll apologize in advance if this post violates any rules or restrictions...still kind of a newbie poster...

I thought I would share an idea for a possible Hoosier Nation off season “project”, if there’s interest (and if it’s possible).

I was thinking that it could be either just discussion/reminiscing, or discussion plus action.

Background…

Possible "action"…

-        Would it be possible to share photos or electronic versions of these posters online? Possibly on HSN?

I know we can go look at past rosters but being able to look at these would be pretty cool too, if it could be done.

I can remember waiting to get a new copy of the new season’s poster each year for many years.

Even if we can’t or don’t share these electronically, it could promote a fun discussion.

Thanks.

IU Cal 92.jpg

that was my 1st one an an IU student. The old guys at Crosstown barber shop gave it to me. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

that was my 1st one an an IU student. The old guys at Crosstown barber shop gave it to me. 

This a not a very good photo...it's faded because its in the garage, plus I just took a quick pic for an example.

I like looking at these because they bring back good memories. 

Two days ago. The Colorado Governor, just like what happened in California, is now allowing  Colorado college athletes to profits from selling likeness, etc of themselves.

My how times have changed when this happened :

Indiana's Alford Suspended for 1 Game : Photo in Charity Fund-Raising Calendar Brings Action by NCAA - Los Angeles Times

4 hours ago, BankShot said:

Background…

Possible "action"…

Thanks.

IU Cal 92.jpg

Really cool idea. I’m not a lawyer, but I doubt there would be legal issues if they are just pictures to reference. 

I wish I could add more. My dad has quite a few but I’m not sure how far back they go. 

5 hours ago, BankShot said:

Background…

Possible "action"…

Thanks.

IU Cal 92.jpg

Shouldn’t be any legal issues 

Cool topic! My elementary school art teacher(Mr. William Stockwell) made the hand drawn player portraits  that came on some of them (late 80s ,  IIRC) when I was growing up . I even got lucky enough to see a rough or two of versions that later went on to the final print schedules - more than once. Oh and I'm going to try and hunt for my personal collection. No promises since that would be on my mother to have kept track of and it has been so long. Anything older of mine like that are in the "it is somewhere but good luck digging them out" category like my old saved toys that are now really valuable. 

9 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Frank now works at Bill's. 

The new guy on the staff came in to visit the first week he was back. Good guy.

Us old guys stick together.

Archived