Alex Karaban-2022

HoosierKix

36 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Just offered today out of PA, he is a 6-7 wing forward that averaged 20 and 10 in his sophomore year. Fun fact, but he plays at the same school that Mike Roberts played for.

Several former Hoosiers played at this school, most recently Noah Vonleh.

Here are some highlights and a bit more info.  By all indications a guy whose recruitment is about to blow up.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-hoosiers-offer-2022-forward-alex-karaban/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

Just out of curiosity, how many underclassmen has CAM offered in his 3 years? Meaning freshmen or sophomores...don´t think it´s many...this kid must be solid and potential through the roof!

Very good point. Coach doesn't offer early unless he really thinks it's important. Hope our in on him early means something. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And just a suggestion. Fix the guys delivering cash to the handlers first NCAA.....worry about a text or call later. @Indykev I didn't listen to this. Did they say us or what led you to say we are breaking the rules?

Well we just offered this kid above when there is no recruiting. Maybe IU didnt get the memo. lol.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

Dead period does not mean that all contact is prohibited.  

Two weeks ago, the NCAA declared a mandatory recruiting dead period in response to the coronavirus shutdown of college sports, barring official and unofficial visits, contacts and evaluations while still permitting phone calls and text messages. But if you think that's stopped everyone, Vice President of Enforcement Jon Duncan has this update.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Well we just offered this kid above when there is no recruiting. Maybe IU didnt get the memo. lol.

Cool. When someone says we are breaking the rules I was just hoping for a little more.....as others pointed out. Our staff could call a players coach and say you have an offer. That isn't direct contact. No big deal I guess but just saying we are breaking the rules I think needs a little more substance. That's all.

23 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Dead period does not mean that all contact is prohibited.  

Two weeks ago, the NCAA declared a mandatory recruiting dead period in response to the coronavirus shutdown of college sports, barring official and unofficial visits, contacts and evaluations while still permitting phone calls and text messages. But if you think that's stopped everyone, Vice President of Enforcement Jon Duncan has this update.

I missed the text part. my bad,,,,never mind.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:34 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m not saying he’s the same player, but this recruitment of Karaban harkens me back to Matt Cross.  I remember one of the recruiting bloggers said that Archie was “obsessed” with Cross.  We will see if Archie gets on Karaban early and often.  

They play in the same division too, I believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I’m all for getting a couple forwards to complement our crop of guards but I would really get excited to land another big. I like having the stock pile to rotate in and out last year and what we could have had this year but that advantage is about to go away.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

If Archie can come up big and close on his favorite targets for 2022, we might be taking off.  The identity of the program is forming and we have some high character young guys already who will bring about continuity. Now if we add the next gen of recruits in the same mindset, it’s going to be like a snowball rolling down a mountain, picking up steam.  If we get an entire team with Archie’s favorite recruits, no one will be happy to play us.  They will be in for a war.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3