Alex Karaban-2022

HoosierKix

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Just got a Crystal Ball pick, 6/10 confidence 

247Sports is pushing their staff to make CB picks right now and then write articles about them.  This is when the CB is a complete gimmick.  It is worth noting when a kid is announcing in a week and several staff members make a CB pick at the same time, but not now.  Karaban is nowhere near a decision.  All of these CB picks right now are guesses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

247Sports is pushing their staff to make CB picks right now and then write articles about them.  This is when the CB is a complete gimmick.  It is worth noting when a kid is announcing in a week and several staff members make a CB pick at the same time, but not now.  Karaban is nowhere near a decision.  All of these CB picks right now are guesses.

Good to know...I know we got in early on these kids but this makes complete sense...thanks @The Daily Hoosier your the best! I thought it was weird we start getting all this recruiting attention so randomly.

14 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Thank you very much for sharing this. I've been curious why out of the blue all of these 2022 kids started getting crystal ball choices. Now it makes sense.

33 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

If you want to know what is going on with Karaban, here it is.  I spoke with him earlier this week.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-forward-alex-karaban-talks-development-recruitment-and-indiana/

Thank you.  

If we lose another recruit to Creighton because of this, "a team that likes to play fast, run up and down, shares the ball and generates open shots," I'm going to lose my stuff.  

If these recruits are watching lately we get tons of decent looks.  Hope Archie is loosening the reigns and it pays off with confidence, chemistry, and recruiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thank you.  

If we lose another recruit to Creighton because of this, "a team that likes to play fast, run up and down, shares the ball and generates open shots," I'm going to lose my stuff.  

If these recruits are watching lately we get tons of decent looks.  Hope Archie is loosening the reigns and it pays off with confidence, chemistry, and recruiting.

I think we are starting to do that more. We still play mostly an inside out brand of basketball though...everything runs through Trayce. It’s another reason (not that Archie is angry at them when they do) but I think Archie should encourage them a little more to look for the open 3. We can knock down good looks when we are set and ready to catch and shoot. Shooting so few 3s has to send a signal to recruits as well that we just have a really buttoned down offense. (Restrictive) I think the more we loosen it up the better for our team and future recruits. Jerome and Armaan and Al have shown they can shoot a good percentage when they are in good catch and shoot position...not the late in shot clock force up a contested 3 we saw early in the year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thank you.  

I don’t like we are talking to him only 1-2 times a week. In my mind it should be minimum 4-5.