Alex Karaban-2022

HoosierKix

21 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I don’t like we are talking to him only 1-2 times a week. In my mind it should be minimum 4-5.

We are thinking about him a lot

On Friday, the following tweet appeared on Crean's public Twitter profile:

"I am doing great. I have been thinking about you alot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?"

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

If you want to know what is going on with Karaban, here it is.  I spoke with him earlier this week.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-forward-alex-karaban-talks-development-recruitment-and-indiana/

How dare you bring first hand facts here, and not some magic wand into the future.

Lol, you really are the best, Mike!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Crystal ball for the good guys placed the other day. Maybe some momentum here?

On 2/19/2021 at 8:00 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

247Sports is pushing their staff to make CB picks right now and then write articles about them.  This is when the CB is a complete gimmick.  It is worth noting when a kid is announcing in a week and several staff members make a CB pick at the same time, but not now.  Karaban is nowhere near a decision.  All of these CB picks right now are guesses.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:53 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

If you want to know what is going on with Karaban, here it is.  I spoke with him earlier this week.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-2022-forward-alex-karaban-talks-development-recruitment-and-indiana/

TDH had a couple of good posts on this in the previous page...

• 1 month later...

I hope we stay on this kid.  My guess is he is versatile enough for both forward spots, although he’d be shorter for a four (but I think he is tough).  He has a good shot.  Woody wants shooters everywhere so this young man fits that mold. 

I believe Roberts was the main recruiter.  Maybe they can find him an admin role so he can stay in the program.  A guy like him could learn a TON with Woody, Matta and Brown being in meetings, talking shop, working together etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, cybergates said:

Is it an either or with him and Filipowski?

I wouldn’t say so. Flip is like 6’10 play 4-5...Alex is like 6’7 and would be a 3-4 I’d say.

Wants to commit before senior season so look for a decision after this summer  ball possibly.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...