R.I.P. Curly Neal

Loved watching the Globetrotters when they came to Louisville in the 1970s.  I may be biased, and maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, but I think that time-frame is when they were their most entertaining.  Recent Globetrotter squads just don't seem to have the same magic.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Loved watching the Globetrotters when they came to Louisville in the 1970s.  I may be biased, and maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, but I think that time-frame is when they were their most entertaining.  Recent Globetrotter squads just don't seem to have the same magic.  

Oh. I agree. Somehow they seemed super special at that time.

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I saw them in Indy in the late 70s or so

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Curly was magic when it came to dribbling a basketball.

Curly Neal and Haynes

I had the honor of watching Curly twice, when the Globetrotters came to Denver.

And STORY :

Harlem Globetrotters Legend Fred 'Curly' Neal Dead At 77

I was privileged to see them in the early 70's at Ball State. Great fun with some very talented individuals. 

Who can forget them or their arch nemesis, the Washington Generals led by Red Klotz?

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

I could look it up, but I know my HSN brethren will have the answer. Who was Curley's teammate that could shoot half court hook shots? Is he still alive?

Meadow Lark Lemon. And he too has passed.

Meadowlark Lemon Highlights 

Other Globetrotter legends. Loved how they would perform before a game in Denver doing this.. get in early or you would miss it :

Harlem Globetrotter Legends 

• 6 months later...

Archived