First post

Want to say hello to all. After years of stopping by to read the posts I thought it was time to join. I appreciate that you actually talk about IU basketball and have some control over the content. I spent a lot of time posting on TOS but can no longer watch as it is taken over by anti-IU rants from those who delight in ruining every conversation. Hoping there is more oversight here.

I am a long time IU fan. Bob Knight, through the good and bad, meant the world to me and still does to this day. I visited Steve Alford's house as a teen when I could finally drive just to see their backboard and was sad to hear not long ago the new owner took it down. I have a lot of family that loves IU and sadly some that follow uk because they grew up in the 'hollers'. I'm hopeful Archie can get it turned around but admittedly growing impatient at this point in my life. 

Hopefully I can contribute something to the board and if nothing else be encouraging toward IU basketball and its future prospects. 

Oh, and I forgot to add.  We have a tremendous group of moderators.  Along with a great owner.  All very tolerant. But. Very willing to pull the plug when a troll or poster gets out of hand.  I think you will feel very comfortable. And again. Happy to have you on board.

30 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Want to say hello to all. After years of stopping by to read the posts I thought it was time to join. I appreciate that you actually talk about IU basketball and have some control over the content. I spent a lot of time posting on TOS but can no longer watch as it is taken over by anti-IU rants from those who delight in ruining every conversation. Hoping there is more oversight here.

I am a long time IU fan. Bob Knight, through the good and bad, meant the world to me and still does to this day. I visited Steve Alford's house as a teen when I could finally drive just to see their backboard and was sad to hear not long ago the new owner took it down. I have a lot of family that loves IU and sadly some that follow uk because they grew up in the 'hollers'. I'm hopeful Archie can get it turned around but admittedly growing impatient at this point in my life. 

Hopefully I can contribute something to the board and if nothing else be encouraging toward IU basketball and its future prospects. 

Welcome, left there a year and a half ago because it got unbearable when every thread turned into the same argument.  This place is the best IU message board and even when there are disagreements it is cordial.

53 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Welcome.  It's by far the best place to talk IU hoops, or life in general.  The mods on this site are first rate, even that one from Kentucky, whatever his name is.  

Archived