B1G next season

I was sparring with some idiot Michigan fan on an Indiana basketball Facebook page.  He was being mouthy about IU not making the tournament even though Archie has had three straight Mr. Basketballs.  It was sweet revenge going back today and asking him about the Top 5 incoming class he was bragging about.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I was sparring with some idiot Michigan fan on an Indiana basketball Facebook page.  He was being mouthy about IU not making the tournament even though Archie has had three straight Mr. Basketballs.  It was sweet revenge going back today and asking him about the Top 5 incoming class he was bragging about.

Did it read like this? Got this off another site: 3 Straight Mr. Basketballs and 0 Tournament appearances. Either the coaches and media here are selecting the wrong Mr. Basketballs or he better start making tournaments.

41 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Did it read like this? Got this off another site: 3 Straight Mr. Basketballs and 0 Tournament appearances. Either the coaches and media here are selecting the wrong Mr. Basketballs or he better start making tournaments.

Something along that line. He was completely ignoring the obvious likelihood that IU would have been in the tournament this year, so I asked him why Michigan missed the tournament this year too.

Wasn't even sure where to put this. Some smoke developing in Illini/Michigan world. So many mixed messages, timeline on Ayo decision,etc.....and out of nowhere there's some talk that one of Illinois prize recruits might flip to Michigan. Adam Miller is name. Might be just bored people talking but there are some connections between Miller and Michigan. 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Wasn't even sure where to put this. Some smoke developing in Illini/Michigan world. So many mixed messages, timeline on Ayo decision,etc.....and out of nowhere there's some talk that one of Illinois prize recruits might flip to Michigan. Adam Miller is name. Might be just bored people talking but there are some connections between Miller and Michigan. 

Could signal a couple things:

1) Ayo is planning on returning which directly cuts into Miller's minutes/role; would make Illinois now an immediate B10 contender with Ayo and Cockburn (likely returning)

2) Miller originally had Michigan in his top 3; with Christopher committing to ASU the other night, there is now an immediate path to PT/starting role at Michigan

3) Probably hurt IU's chances next year. Michigan gets better/deeper at the SG position and if Ayo does return pushes Illinois into Tier 1 of the B10

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Could signal a couple things:

1) Ayo is planning on returning which directly cuts into Miller's minutes/role; would make Illinois now an immediate B10 contender with Ayo and Cockburn (likely returning)

2) Miller originally had Michigan in his top 3; with Christopher committing to ASU the other night, there is now an immediate path to PT/starting role at Michigan

3) Probably hurt IU's chances next year. Michigan gets better/deeper at the SG position and if Ayo does return pushes Illinois into Tier 1 of the B10

All very well could happen. I can only say that as of late February both Cockburn and Ayo were gone. No questions asked. I still think Cockburn is gone....Ayo is the only one going back and forth. Of course not having draft camps has really altered all plans.

I'm indifferent to Underwood. Don't care much either way but imagine being him. Top team in conference next year or hanging out with Northwestern and Nebraska. Or worse yet. Miller flips to Michigan and both Ayo/Kofi still leave. Lose your two best players and get punked by a new coach with your prized Chicago recruit. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

All very well could happen. I can only say that as of late February both Cockburn and Ayo were gone. No questions asked. I still think Cockburn is gone....Ayo is the only one going back and forth. Of course not having draft camps has really altered all plans.

I'm indifferent to Underwood. Don't care much either way but imagine being him. Top team in conference next year or hanging out with Northwestern and Nebraska. Or worse yet. Miller flips to Michigan and both Ayo/Kofi still leave. Lose your two best players and get punked by a new coach with your prized Chicago recruit. 

Has Miller sign a LOI because it would be harder to get out of that

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Crazy as it sounds, I think Juwan Howard has as many Chicago connections as Underwood/Illinois purely from a hoops scene. He's from there and still fairly active in that community.

I don't believe Ayo has even declared for the draft yet but once/if he does I expect him to stay in the draft. I think Cockburn is one who can stand to stay for another year. Dominant for his size but really has no game outside of 5 feet and that could prove costly. Ultimately I think Cockburn returns and Ayo stays but with everything going on I don't think it is out of the question both return. 

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

Crazy as it sounds, I think Juwan Howard has as many Chicago connections as Underwood/Illinois purely from a hoops scene. He's from there and still fairly active in that community.

I don't believe Ayo has even declared for the draft yet but once/if he does I expect him to stay in the draft. I think Cockburn is one who can stand to stay for another year. Dominant for his size but really has no game outside of 5 feet and that could prove costly. Ultimately I think Cockburn returns and Ayo stays but with everything going on I don't think it is out of the question both return. 

Yep....agree on Howard/Chicago. Everything is out the window right now with other two. They were both gone for sure 45 days ago. Now?? 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep....agree on Howard/Chicago. Everything is out the window right now with other two. They were both gone for sure 45 days ago. Now?? 

I'm not sure where both were gone (especially Cockburn) a month and a half ago. I haven't seen Cockburn listed on a single mock draft either in rounds 1 or 2. I had previously seen Ayo in a few first round mocks awhile ago but not seeing him there now. 

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

I'm not sure where both were gone (especially Cockburn) a month and a half ago. I haven't seen Cockburn listed on a single mock draft either in rounds 1 or 2. I had previously seen Ayo in a few first round mocks awhile ago but not seeing him there now. 

Just what a couple folks passed along to me that are pretty dialed in over there.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Today is first day he can do so....and until that happens (and any delays) folks to the West will be a tad concerned. 

LOL. 

Nope.

Wouldn't be surprised if he drags it out for a while though. Might be some actual concern about everything given all the uncertainty in the world right now. And he also appears to like creating some drama.

2 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

LOL. 

Nope.

Wouldn't be surprised if he drags it out for a while though. Might be some actual concern about everything given all the uncertainty in the world right now. And he also appears to like creating some drama.

I know enough Illini friends that are. If I were in Miller's shoes I'd like to make sure of a few things i.e. Ayo,etc....

Doesn't matter what they do, I like our returning team better than what IL has to offer!  Hoosiers should be thinking final 4 and not wasting thoughts on what other programs are doing or what players are returning!  Let them come back, it will only raise our rankings head to head!

26 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Doesn't matter what they do, I like our returning team better than what IL has to offer!  Hoosiers should be thinking final 4 and not wasting thoughts on what other programs are doing or what players are returning!  Let them come back, it will only raise our rankings head to head!

I love your optimism.

Admins, can this user name be changed to Son of HTD?  It's Just. Too. Perfect.

35 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I love your optimism.

Admins, can this user name be changed to Son of HTD?  It's Just. Too. Perfect.

Sorry, dont know who HTD is but I'm the type person that slaps half court, pounds my chest and dares the opposition to cross that line!!!  If that's HTD, then I'd be honored to be his Son!!!  Can't wait til our Hoosiers get that concept!

12 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Sorry, dont know who HTD is but I'm the type person that slaps half court, pounds my chest and dares the opposition to cross that line!!!  If that's HTD, then I'd be honored to be his Son!!!  Can't wait til our Hoosiers get that concept!

He's IU's #1 fan and #1 Purdue hater.  If he ever gets out of quarantine and starts posting again, I'd venture to guess you'll recognize him and love his style.  You mirror him so well, I first wondered if he lost his password and set up a new account.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

He's IU's #1 fan and #1 Purdue hater.  If he ever gets out of quarantine and starts posting again, I'd venture to guess you'll recognize him and love his style.  You mirror him so well, I first wondered if he lost his password and set up a new account.

Sounds like one HELL OF A DUDE and I would be honored to cling some beers or spit some war stories with this legend!!!  It's MILLER TIME IN B'TOWN as you all shall see!!!

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know enough Illini friends that are. If I were in Miller's shoes I'd like to make sure of a few things i.e. Ayo,etc....

Oh no doubt there are a bunch of them worrying. MIller's been all in on Illinois for a while and if he had doubts about his opportunities then Griffin leaving would have ended those. And Ayo's almost certainly heading out the door though who knows what might happen with sports over the next few months.

Archived