Ed Schilling with a new job

I'll say this. Whoever is funding things at Grand Canyon is serious about getting serious. Obviously Ed has deep ties....but they also hired longtime Illini assistant away from Underwood staff.

Edit-Connecting the dots. Drew hires his brother in law Casey Shaw (Darius Garland stuff) too. Sorry...in this day and age regardless of Colangelo's pockets this just makes me go huh?? That's one helluva staff assembled. 

17 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Does anyone know the real reasons why Shilling was not on the staff this year?

I just don't think he delivered recruits like he was expected to.  Don't take that as gospel...just me reading between the lines...

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say this. Whoever is funding things at Grand Canyon is serious about getting serious. Obviously Ed has deep ties....but they also hired longtime Illini assistant away from Underwood staff.

Edit-Connecting the dots. Drew hires his brother in law Casey Shaw (Darius Garland stuff) too. Sorry...in this day and age regardless of Colangelo's pockets this just makes me go huh?? That's one helluva staff assembled. 

GCU has over 70000 online students and 20000 campus students in Phoenix AZ. It aint your typical Christian/online university. It’s probably one of the fastest growning universities in the country. I think last time I checked it was in the top 10 in enrollment increase with many on the list being smaller enrollments so even small increases are big percentages.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

GCU has over 70000 online students and 20000 campus students in Phoenix AZ. It aint your typical Christian/online university. It’s probably one of the fastest growning universities in the country. I think last time I checked it was in the top 10 in enrollment increase with many on the list being smaller enrollments so even small increases are big percentages.

It's Jerry Colangelo. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

It's Jerry Colangelo. 

Yes honestly they’ve poured a fortune into their facilities and athletics. I saw a special on it not long ago. I’m sure it’s out there. I think their goal is to get into the PAC 10 or BIG12 someday.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yes honestly they’ve poured a fortune into their facilities and athletics. I saw a special on it not long ago. I’m sure it’s out there. I think their goal is to get into the PAC 10 or BIG12 someday.

The comment I heard was they want to make Grand Canyon the Gonzaga of the Southwest. Not sure if it will happen but the staff they've assembled is probably better than half of the Big 10. 

Archived