Coronavirus Diet

Drroogh

1 minute ago, rico said:

To the question, if there was one in there, I have been eating fine.  Plenty of beef, pork, chicken, fish, and venison in the freezer.  I have gained about 5 lbs. since this thing started.  

Better put your swimsuit on!

3 minutes ago, rico said:

To the question, if there was one in there, I have been eating fine.  Plenty of beef, pork, chicken, fish, and venison in the freezer.  I have gained about 5 lbs. since this thing started.  

I've been eating a mix of homemade, canned and dry and such. Think I'm losing weight. Biggest problem I've got, ran out of alcohol a couple nights ago!😣

40 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I've been eating a mix of homemade, canned and dry and such. Think I'm losing weight. Biggest problem I've got, ran out of alcohol a couple nights ago!😣

Ya know...I was all stocked up with beer.  Then BTT was cancelled and soon after everything else.  I haven't had much of a taste for it since there are no sports.  Still got plenty here at the house.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Ya know...I was all stocked up with beer.  Then BTT was cancelled and soon after everything else.  I haven't had much of a taste for it since there are no sports.  Still got plenty here at the house.

My beer consumption has dropped as well. Will probably pick up with warmer weather as I'll start to enjoy outside and'or when doing projects. Weight has stayed about the same even though I'm no longer going to the gym.

I've been as strong as ever for breakfast and lunch....salad and no carbs. I walk 5-6 miles each day on the Monon  for my 1 hour plus of fresh air and exercise since the gym is closed. After 5 or so it's been hard on the Coors Light and ultimately Totinos or whatever junk food I have in the freezer that sounds good while watching old sports clips on YouTube each night. I'm up around 5-6 lbs since Mid March. Guess I'll figure it out as time moves along. The way I see it I'm not going to kill myself mentally for 7-8 lbs during these times.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've been as strong as ever for breakfast and lunch....salad and no carbs. I walk 5-6 miles each day on the Monon  for my 1 hour plus of fresh air and exercise since the gym is closed. After 5 or so it's been hard on the Coors Light and ultimately Totinos or whatever junk food I have in the freezer that sounds good while watching old sports clips on YouTube each night. I'm up around 5-6 lbs since Mid March. Guess I'll figure it out as time moves along. The way I see it I'm not going to kill myself mentally for 7-8 lbs during these times.

For some reason I'm trying NOT to picture you in a swimsuit!

My daily routine hasn't changed. The only difference for me is my weekly meal prep is much quicker since I'm only prepping for myself right now. 

Baked sweet potatoes, 2lbs ground beef with garlic, onions, mushrooms, and a can of Rotel tomatoes, and a vegetable side. 

Still too fat though so will be losing weight. 

I’m still on my New Year’s resolution hitch. Started it off with that Whole 30 diet in January. Hated it but dropped 10 lbs that month. I’ve just maintained a healthy diet since, but nothing as restrictive as Whole 30.

My vice is craft beer, which I cut out in January, but since I’ve cut back to only 2-3 a week if that and feel much better. Don’t miss those morning beer poops. Sorry, if TMI. 

Other than that, I hijacked a beach bodies on demand password and have been working out at home 4-5 days a week, which prepared me well for this quarantine. Might as well, stay healthy, build immunity, cut out sugar and get plenty of sun/vitamin D while this threat of COVID exists. Can’t hurt, and all I got is time these days. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

5”9 and 166 lbs, 53 years 

The gym  being closed is killing me! I notice when I gain 2 lbs. do some biking, planks, pushups, sit-ups, dumb bells but don’t have a bench or real set of weights anymore 

Pushups and Situps here....but not getting my hard gym sweat has been real tough....but not that big of a deal in the big scheme of things. Have to do better with my diet is all.

I was going to put this in the Best of Each state thread, but I liked the explanation in the first slide about the effects of CV on the resteraunt industry with over 100,000 resteraunt' s expected to close permanently?? So I'm putting it here. I know a café we eat at regularly, had adopted a car hop service in order to stay open. If you can get out and safely support the resteraunt' s still open, well use your best judgment! 

The best Take Out in each State! All of these were supposedly still open two days ago!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-takeout-restaurant-in-every-state-according-to-yelp/ss-BB122D73?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I was going to put this in the Best of Each state thread, but I liked the explanation in the first slide about the effects of CV on the resteraunt industry with over 100,000 resteraunt' s expected to close permanently?? So I'm putting it here. I know a café we eat at regularly, had adopted a car hop service in order to stay open. If you can get out and safely support the resteraunt' s still open, well use your best judgment! 

The best Take Out in each State! All of these were supposedly still open two days ago!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/the-best-takeout-restaurant-in-every-state-according-to-yelp/ss-BB122D73?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

I go to my local coffee shop every day, buy extra coffee really just to try to help them out (it's still open), and do a lot of ordering for pickup from local restaurants who still can. This situation has to get addressed better soon. The economic fallout is going to be horrible.

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I go to my local coffee shop every day, buy extra coffee really just to try to help them out (it's still open), and do a lot of ordering for pickup from local restaurants who still can. This situation has to get addressed better soon. The economic fallout is going to be horrible.

At some point these experts need to realize they have tunnel vision and these measures will screw millions more than they are saving. I'd say we have no more than 2 weeks to pick either, totally wreck economy vs let nature do what it does.  Not to be harsh but trying a middle of the road approach would be the most harmful. 

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

At some point these experts need to realize they have tunnel vision and these measures will screw millions more than they are saving. I'd say we have no more than 2 weeks to pick either, totally wreck economy vs let nature do what it does.  Not to be harsh but trying a middle of the road approach would be the most harmful. 

It's really trying to figure out where the breaking point of overwhelming medical resources or putting the economy down for good! Glad I'm not the one trying to figure that out, and not to be political, but anybody that REALLY thinks they have that kind of talent shouldn't be posting on the internet!

13 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

It's really trying to figure out where the breaking point of overwhelming medical resources or putting the economy down for good! Glad I'm not the one trying to figure that out, and not to be political, but anybody that REALLY thinks they have that kind of talent shouldn't be posting on the internet!

I'm just a little charged up. Indiana extended their stay at home for 2 more weeks and my county still has 0 cases and the adjacent counties have a total of about 15 cases.  People I know are already getting behind on their bills and once that ball gets rolling hard to dig out.

And the takeout restaurant article you posted said 100,000 restaurants are estimated to close.  That's alot of jobs that are never coming back and that's just restaurants.

The only talent I really have is sarcasm. 

Edit: The 2 week prediction was in jest, government has been saying give it 2 more weeks repeatedly.  So I will evaluate my prediction in 2 weeks and it will probably extend another 2 weeks.😁

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm just a little charged up. Indiana extended their stay at home for 2 more weeks and my county still has 0 cases and the adjacent counties have a total of about 15 cases.  People I know are already getting behind on their bills and once that ball gets rolling hard to dig out.

And the takeout restaurant article you posted said 100,000 restaurants are estimated to close.  That's alot of jobs that are never coming back and that's just restaurants.

The only talent I really have is sarcasm. 

Edit: The 2 week prediction was in jest, government has been saying give it 2 more weeks repeatedly.  So I will evaluate my prediction in 2 weeks and it will probably extend another 2 weeks.😁

I come from a similar rural situation, the county I live in as of today has 9 reported cases. Where I differentiate, is that tonight I went out for supplies for only the second time in nearly two weeks. I noticed when I approached my car the brake discs had rust on them because I had not been driving. I was SOOOO disappointed, in that it seemed like everyone had taken the opposite approach of hunker down and there were twice as many people out and about! I was going to stop at my local Dollar General for some supplies and said Oh H... no. There were more than twice as many cars there as I had ever seen! People don't realize that flattening the curve is what is saving rural communities like ours. But the day of reckoning is coming and these rural counties with very limited medical resources are going to get hit HARD!!

2 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

If you ever wondered what it would look like, if academia got their 15 minutes of fame... Well, I’m afraid we are in minute 4.

3 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If you ever wondered what it would look like, if academia got their 15 minutes of fame... Well, I’m afraid we are in minute 4.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion but Dr. Fauci is full of shit and is power tripping. I say this because he says this quarantine should last until there are zero cases and zero deaths which is ridiculous, while dismissing antibody testing. He is a bureaucrat, simple as that. 

I would rather listen to Dr. Birx who advises a balanced approach and isn't an entrenched douchebag.

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

I come from a similar rural situation, the county I live in as of today has 9 reported cases. Where I differentiate, is that tonight I went out for supplies for only the second time in nearly two weeks. I noticed when I approached my car the brake discs had rust on them because I had not been driving. I was SOOOO disappointed, in that it seemed like everyone had taken the opposite approach of hunker down and there were twice as many people out and about! I was going to stop at my local Dollar General for some supplies and said Oh H... no. There were more than twice as many cars there as I had ever seen! People don't realize that flattening the curve is what is saving rural communities like ours. But the day of reckoning is coming and these rural counties with very limited medical resources are going to get hit HARD!!

Make sure you drive your cars regularly especially during the wet weather. Otherwise that rust will chew through your brake pads and you will new new rotors.  Learned the expensive way about that.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:56 PM, Seeking6 said:

5'10 178....still not bad even at the age of 46.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:43 AM, Hoosierhoopster said:

5”9 and 166 lbs, 53 years 

The gym  being closed is killing me! I notice when I gain 2 lbs. do some biking, planks, pushups, sit-ups, dumb bells but don’t have a bench or real set of weights anymore 

Age 52, 6'5", 200lbs. I switched to planks instead of situps. I try to plank and do pushups daily. Was proud to be able to do 50 pushups on my 50th birthday! Doing body weight exercises and using dumbells should work out all your muscles without the need for free weights. My weakness is cardio. Notice the physical projects are a lot more tiring at this age. Ge the occasional walk with my wife but it is hardly a workout. Cardio machines are where I miss the gym. Hope to be out biking soon but, unless I mountain bike with my kids, that usually doesn't get me much of a workout either.

40 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Age 52, 6'5", 200lbs. I switched to planks instead of situps. I try to plank and do pushups daily. Was proud to be able to do 50 pushups on my 50th birthday! Doing body weight exercises and using dumbells should work out all your muscles without the need for free weights. My weakness is cardio. Notice the physical projects are a lot more tiring at this age. Ge the occasional walk with my wife but it is hardly a workout. Cardio machines are where I miss the gym. Hope to be out biking soon but, unless I mountain bike with my kids, that usually doesn't get me much of a workout either.

That's my hard part. Miss my cardio machines (elliptical). I've been walking quite a bit but going to have to implement biking or something else to stave off these .4 to .6 lbs increases I'm seeing about every third day. Good luck with things!

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's my hard part. Miss my cardio machines (elliptical). I've been walking quite a bit but going to have to implement biking or something else to stave off these .4 to .6 lbs increases I'm seeing about every third day. Good luck with things!

You guys need to try some HIIT. I hate running and that stuff will get your core, muscles and cardio at the same time. It will kick your a** the first couple of weeks, but it’s a good way to burn 350-400 calls in 30 minutes. If you want to try it there’s a bunch of free workouts on the internet and videos on YouTube. 

Archived