Coronavirus Diet

Drroogh

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

You guys need to try some HIIT. I hate running and that stuff will get your core, muscles and cardio at the same time. It will kick your a** the first couple of weeks, but it’s a good way to burn 350-400 calls in 30 minutes. If you want to try it there’s a bunch of free workouts on the internet and videos on YouTube. 

I did that for a couple months early last year. It did kick my butt. Was doing with 20-30 yr olds. Got me in the best shape I've been in for the last 10+ years. New gym I go to doesn't have those classes.  

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

Age 52, 6'5", 200lbs. I switched to planks instead of situps. I try to plank and do pushups daily. Was proud to be able to do 50 pushups on my 50th birthday! Doing body weight exercises and using dumbells should work out all your muscles without the need for free weights. My weakness is cardio. Notice the physical projects are a lot more tiring at this age. Ge the occasional walk with my wife but it is hardly a workout. Cardio machines are where I miss the gym. Hope to be out biking soon but, unless I mountain bike with my kids, that usually doesn't get me much of a workout either.

Yeah I’m big on plank. My usual routine 90 second plank, 50 slow mo pushups (hold 1 second on each down), 30 sit-ups, 20 reps 40 lb dumb bells. Bike on and off in neighborhood but off road - we have some good grass hills I trek up and down on my old Marin trail bike. 
Summer coming, then can get back to swimming in my pool — cardio and all body work is great, swimming is where it’s at if you can. Actually swam this weak but it was seriously cold water lol 

27 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yeah I’m big on plank. My usual routine 90 second plank, 50 slow mo pushups (hold 1 second on each down), 30 sit-ups, 20 reps 40 lb dumb bells. Bike on and off in neighborhood but off road - we have some good grass hills I trek up and down on my old Marin trail bike. 
Summer coming, then can get back to swimming in my pool — cardio and all body work is great, swimming is where it’s at if you can. Actually swam this weak but it was seriously cold water lol 

The stuff we do just to be able to eat pizza and drink beer...

We have a rowing machine I use nearly everyday for 30-60 minutes...usually about 40. I got lazy last fall/through the holiday and packed on some pounds and have been working since January on getting back into better shape. I would love to add an elliptical/treadmill to mix it up more at some point.

Archived