Jump to content

Cooper Jones Commits to Indiana


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

Currently our 14th highest rated recruit since 247 started doing rankings.  I love that we've pulled in 2 top rated in state defensive linemen.  I know McGraw said he was excited about Hagen and Ballou, but hopefully he's liking what he's seeing out of Peoples and Wellman.  Hard not to like it!

The 2020 class was big on the OL, and the 2021 class already has two big time DL.  Love that we're building solid lines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Leathernecks said:

Any idea what are chances are with those guys?

I'll bet we're the leader with LC. I'd say the same about the kid from Bloomington.. and you'd have to think the QB likes how the years match up with Penix and being a JR when he'd be a FR. 

Vinny Fiacable could be an option. Dont think we'd get all three OL though. I know the kid from FC likes UL. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Indiana-has-landed-a-commitment-from-in-state-defensive-Cooper-Jones-145658308/

"There are two big reasons why I chose Indiana," he said. "The first one is how amazing Coach Allen is and how great everything he preaches is. The culture he has created there is one I want to be a part of. The other reason is Coach (Aaron) Wellman, the new strength coach."

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Looks like a good chance we both end up with really good classes of in-state guys. 

There is a ton of BIG level talent in the state this year.   IU and PU will have to work hard to pull some of those guys in.  I am tired of seeing UM, OSU,  and ND cherry pick the top few guys every year. 

Add in the guys that MSU and Iowa have grabbed recently would have help IU and PU too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

There is a ton of BIG level talent in the state this year.   IU and PU will have to work hard to pull some of those guys in.  I am tired of seeing UM, OSU,  and ND cherry pick the top few guys every year. 

Add in the guys that MSU and Iowa have grabbed recently would have help IU and PU too.

No doubt. Will be interesting to see where some of the guys still on the board end up going. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'll bet we're the leader with LC. I'd say the same about the kid from Bloomington.. and you'd have to think the QB likes how the years match up with Penix and being a JR when he'd be a FR. 

Vinny Fiacable could be an option. Dont think we'd get all three OL though. I know the kid from FC likes UL. 

Who is from FC?  Do you have his name?  I can’t seem to find him.  

If we get Collinsworth (lofty ranking), Austin Booker, and Sales, after that, anything else in-state would be gravy considering who we’ve already got.  And, if, as expected we can continue our good work in the South (especially in states where we’ve had recent success like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi), particularly with respect to team speed, boom, this class could be lights out.   Not to mention, we’ve been targeting some good talent in Michigan.  But if the momentum in the in-state end of it continues to accelerate, the class can really come together. 
 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Who is from FC?  Do you have his name?  I can’t seem to find him.  

If we get Collinsworth (lofty ranking), Austin Booker, and Sales, after that, anything else in-state would be gravy considering who we’ve already got.  And, if, as expected we can continue our good work in the South (especially in states where we’ve had recent success like Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi), particularly with respect to team speed, boom, this class could be lights out.   Not to mention, we’ve been targeting some good talent in Michigan.  But if the momentum in the in-state end of it continues to accelerate, the class can really come together. 
 

Might be hard to get Booker now.. not sure though. 

https://247sports.com/player/zen-michalski-46099941/

That's the kid from FC. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Heard anything recently on Sales? Hoping he and Richards pop for Purdue soon. 

I dont hear much at all about Purdue. You get Sales from BD... thatd be interesting. We will probably only take one more OL. 

McCulley, Sales, and Booker (if we can make it work). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...