2021 Class Rankings & Discussion

KDB

52 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I remember his first game really playing he came out of nowhere and made a tackle and I was like, "who the hell was that?" The announcers said his name and then I was really like, "who the hell was that!?" He was basically an afterthought on rankings, and I didn't remember him. Such a great find. 

My dad and I said the same thing. I remember it was down by the goal line wasn't it? It was like he was shot out of cannon. 

I knew the name because of recruiting, but certainly wasn't expecting anything. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Leathernecks said:

I remember his first game really playing he came out of nowhere and made a tackle and I was like, "who the hell was that?" The announcers said his name and then I was really like, "who the hell was that!?" He was basically an afterthought on rankings, and I didn't remember him. Such a great find. 

I said the exact same thing. Against FIU? I think.

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I saw on Twitter that IU is pursuing a defensive end from the state of Tennessee, Alex Okelo. He’s something like 6’5 220 and is developing a relationship with DL coach Peoples.  

Lots of pics for MSU. Excellent frame.. listed 6'6 some places. 

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I saw on Twitter that IU is pursuing a defensive end from the state of Tennessee, Alex Okelo. He’s something like 6’5 220 and is developing a relationship with DL coach Peoples.  

Sounds like he's deciding soon and it's either us or MSU.. With MSU being the likely pick like btown said.

But I remember when people were mad we didn’t do a national search for a coach. I was on the Allen train from day 1. And I really think Archie is going to be special as well. For the first time in like forever IU has 3 really really good coaches for Baseball, football, and basketball at the same time! Now if we can just get back to playing!! 

48 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

But I remember when people were mad we didn’t do a national search for a coach. I was on the Allen train from day 1. And I really think Archie is going to be special as well. For the first time in like forever IU has 3 really really good coaches for Baseball, football, and basketball at the same time! Now if we can just get back to playing!! 

Yes we do 

The current .8680 average rating per recruit in the 2021 class for Indiana ranks 28th nationally and 7th in the B1G. 

This will be the third straight class Indiana has brought in with an average rating per recruit of .8500 or higher. 

In the modern rankings era, Indiana had never had a recruiting class before Allen reach an average rating per recruit of .8500

CTA and staff are, undoubtedly, bringing in the highest rated talent Indiana has ever seen.

6 hours ago, KDB said:

The current .8680 average rating per recruit in the 2021 class for Indiana ranks 28th nationally and 7th in the B1G. 

This will be the third straight class Indiana has brought in with an average rating per recruit of .8500 or higher. 

In the modern rankings era, Indiana had never had a recruiting class before Allen reach an average rating per recruit of .8500

CTA and staff are, undoubtedly, bringing in the highest rated talent Indiana has ever seen.

Crazy stat of the day...Sales brings our average rating per recruit DOWN! He's at .8673

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't wait to see what kind of recruits we can bring in.  Allen's LEO message has been doing well with recruits the last couple years, even though our ranking hasn't been real high last year and this year with some smaller classes.  It would be huge for us if would could stay ranked the rest of the year and go into the offseason in everybody's top 25 for next year.

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I would love to see Austin Booker and maybe even Rodney McGraw flip.  We are proving we are doing really well.  Why make it harder on yourself and go further away when you can kill it at IU?  And the players love Coach Allen.  What you see is what you get.  

Not sure why anybody would want to go to Minnesota or Penn State next year.  You can throw Michigan, Nebraska, and Illinois in there too.

I don’t mean this to be negative, and think that what Allen has done is amazing, but I’m curious if anyone has any insight into our Florida recruiting. The Floridians have really helped the team with speed, athleticism etc. etc and have been a crucial component (on both sides of the ball) of our success. In the last four years we landed 9,8,7,0, and, so far, one 2021 Florida players. I would have thought that positive word of mouth would have kept us landing at least 3-5 per year but the pipeline seems to have tailed off in the past two years. Just curious if one of the coaches we lost was the primary Florida contact (of course, aside from Allen’s contacts) etc.

1 hour ago, Jam said:

Will this positive coverage impact this years recruiting or will it take longer sustained progress to see significant impact?

I read somewhere that we hardly have any spots left for this year, so it probably won't start until the 2022 class.  Maybe 1 or 2 more this year is it.  Hopefully a grad transfer OL or two.

The 2022 class in state has a lot of talent, so we picked a good time to start having success.

Archived