2021 Class Rankings & Discussion

KDB

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't heard anything about the current guys, but like you, I would guess they're all on board with how our season has gone.

One guy I saw yesterday who might be a guy to keep an eye on is Malachi BennettDecommitted from UAB and says we've been in contact with him more than anybody.  Not sure if there's any connection between our interest and him decommitting, but it would be nice.  He would be our 3rd highest commit, so that would be awesome.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Might come down to an IU versus Purdue battle. 

I haven't watched much of Strickland.   Does he fit well in the 3-4 you guys run, or is he better off as a 4-3 DE?  I wonder if that would play a role in his decision. 

51 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Haven't heard anything about the current guys, but like you, I would guess they're all on board with how our season has gone.

One guy I saw yesterday who might be a guy to keep an eye on is Malachi BennettDecommitted from UAB and says we've been in contact with him more than anybody.  Not sure if there's any connection between our interest and him decommitting, but it would be nice.  He would be our 3rd highest commit, so that would be awesome.

Thanks for linking that article.  He's got some really nice programs talking to him and looks like Texas A & M has offered.  I'm not sure WR is a need spot right now (DE and OL for me), but can never have too many playmakers.

5 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Thanks for linking that article.  He's got some really nice programs talking to him and looks like Texas A & M has offered.  I'm not sure WR is a need spot right now (DE and OL for me), but can never have too many playmakers.

I would guess we'll try to bring in some grad transfer OL this winter/spring.  I am curious how many more we're expecting to add.  I read couple months ago that it was only 2 or 3 more.  Not sure if things have changed since then.  I would guess we'll have at least a transfer or two that will open up spots.

18 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I saw that Anthony Hundley has decommitted from LSU.

https://247sports.com/player/anthony-hundley-46050388/

Florida kid currently at IMG academy who Indiana had offered originally. Not sure if we're still involved here at all but him and Malachi Bennett would be very nice late additions to this class. 

Those two would be great additions.  Throw in an OL or two later, and that would be an awesome class for being a small class.

34 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

I saw that Anthony Hundley has decommitted from LSU.

https://247sports.com/player/anthony-hundley-46050388/

Florida kid currently at IMG academy who Indiana had offered originally. Not sure if we're still involved here at all but him and Malachi Bennett would be very nice late additions to this class. 

Maybe Kevin Wright will help us out here?

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

Maybe Kevin Wright will help us out here?

Yeah I certainly think it's a possibility. I haven't seen anything about who's involved with him after decommitting from LSU, but Indiana and Tom Allen in general have done a great job of recruiting the Florida area and Kevin Wright has the IMG connection. 

Indiana could have no shot here, but after the season we're having you never know how that's going to effect recruits.

Rivals has some new rankings out.  Some of them don't show up with a history on Rivals, so here are how their rankings changed on 247.

The ones not listed didn't change.  Glad to see a lot of our guys went up.

Donaven McCulley - up 0.0158 on 247

Larry Smith - up 0.0067

Jordyn Williams - up 0.0101

Aaron Steinfeldt - up 0.0033

Joshua Sales - down 0.0034

Vinny Fiacable - up 0.0067

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

@Leathernecks

Sales, McCulley, J Smith, Williams, L Smith,  Howland, Freeman... have all said they're signing tomorrow. Anyone else announced?

Heck, I'd sign a National Letter of "just to air up the footballs"........🤩🤩🤣

if Coach would take a 52 year old, 205 lb. former safety...🤕🤔

I'd be so fun to be around this organization!

Archived