What peeves you during CV-19

Drroogh

Some of my peeves,

Where I live the three times I have ventured out it seemed like thereĀ were more people out and about than normal!šŸ˜ 

Have to say though at this particular moment, the incessant buzzing of the carpenter bees who annually take up residence here, is driving me insane while Iā€™m trying to enjoy a beautiful day on my deck!Ā Canā€™t kill them though, they are pollinators!

I had to go to Sam's Club a couple of days ago. Got there 10 minutes before they opened, and the line was more than half way around the building, meaning that my place in line started at the loading dock in the rear of the building. Once we started to go in, some idiot lady cut in line right where I was, (even though there were 25 people behind me) and literally stood next to me like she was my mother or something.

I moved up to increase the distance to 6+ feet between us, and the stupid b____ came right back up and stood next to me again! (and I'm not cute... I'm an old fart). So I moved away yet again. She AGAIN came up next to me and started to yap about her trip to Walmart. Finally I said "just go ahead would you"? She said "no, that's OK". I said "You're so hell bent on standing 2' or less away from me, instead of 6', so go ahead!" She said "Oh....I guess I wasn't paying attention". And I said: "No $hit! I figured that out a long time ago!!"

The people behind me started to laugh. I was pissed.

I guess my pet peeve is STUPID PEOPLE!

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

2. 24-7 repetitive ā€œnewsā€ on the virus

I'd like to edit that to 24-7 inaccurate "news" in order to create fear and panic. I'm so sick of the news channels (almost all of them) making it sound like that if you get the virus, it's a death sentence.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

I'd like to edit that to 24-7 inaccurate "news" in order to create fear and panic. I'm so sick of the news channels (almost all of them) making it sound like that if you get the virus, it's a death sentence.

Saw something today saying 50% don't even get symptoms.Ā 

3 hours ago, DWB said:

These news tards are know nothing's. They have a job that is one degree away from prostitution.Ā 

So I have one family past me on this dead end road, even before all of this I named them the ā€œin-n-outsā€. Iā€™m serious when I say they average 20-30 drives out and in a day! The fact that this quarantine hasnā€™t slowed them down is really starting to p... me off!

Click Bait headlines,Ā 

So, I visit CNN.com.Ā  Headline says 'Cuomo:Ā  New York Death Rates are Dropping for the first time'.Ā  Okay, I have an interest in reading about that.Ā  I click the headline, get a pop-up video about the virus impact on Easter (pop-up videos are another pet peeve) and a string of 'breaking' stories, none of which are related at all to the death rate in New York.

You would think that in a time like this, the media would not resort to click bait crap like that.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

So I have one family past me on this dead end road, even before all of this I named them the ā€œin-n-outsā€. Iā€™m serious when I say they average 20-30 drives out and in a day! The fact that this quarantine hasnā€™t slowed them down is really starting to p... me off!

So since I posted this the same car has gone out and come back in again twice! Iā€™m starting to think they are delivering!

What they are delivering is still up in the air, Iā€™m hoping itā€™s groceries to the needy!

Besides Stupid people teeing me off during our "home time", what steams me even more are these dumb-ass reporters taking 5 minutes to ask a question that has been answered 3 times already in the same presser. Regurgitating "their facts" (which are rarely accurate) for 4 minutes and 55 seconds, and then asking the real question in the last 5 seconds. Why anybody on the task force puts up with it is beyond me.

Seems there needs to be some rules and regs for the pressers to keep them from being a food fight.

Lots of TV news complaints it looks like. I haven't watched TV news of any kind for probably over 10 years. I can't see how you guys handle watching CNN or Fox. When I'm stuck in an airport and there is news on TV, I move away from it. It's all about ratings and scoring points. I'm not interested in either of those. I also think it's incredibly harmful to our country.

But I digress. Let's see what annoys me during quarantine? Not too much really, other than people not practicing sidewalk etiquette. We took a walk early this morning and most people were being respectful of each others spaces - either hugging the their side of the sidewalk or moving to the street. But others were just barreling down the middle of the sidewalk staring at their phone.

4 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Lots of TV news complaints it looks like. I haven't watched TV news of any kind for probably over 10 years. I can't see how you guys handle watching CNN or Fox. When I'm stuck in an airport and there is news on TV, I move away from it. It's all about ratings and scoring points. I'm not interested in either of those. I also think it's incredibly harmful to our country.

But I digress. Let's see what annoys me during quarantine? Not too much really, other than people not practicing sidewalk etiquette. We took a walk early this morning and most people were being respectful of each others spaces - either hugging the their side of the sidewalk or moving to the street. But others were just barreling down the middle of the sidewalk staring at their phone. Ā 

Travel quite a bit, and can't tell you how much it pi... me off that the ONLY thing they have playing on the TV's no matter what airport you go to is CNN! Sometimes I wonder just what kind of dirt CNN has on FAA officials that they have such a monopoly on airport TV?

I'm irritated that I have not taken enough initiative to get any projects done around the house.Ā  I want to start something and get it done, but my heart just isn't into it.Ā  It's so different than the usual hectic pace of the Fouls household.Ā  If anything, with 2 adults and 2 teenagers home full time, we've let things go even more.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Travel quite a bit, and can't tell you how much it pi... me off that the ONLY thing they have playing on the TV's no matter what airport you go to is CNN! Sometimes I wonder just what kind of dirt CNN has on FAA officials that they have such a monopoly on airport TV?

CNN pays the airports more than the others to broadcast their "news". Read an article about a year ago that confirmed it.

2 hours ago, Drroogh said:

The FAA doesn't own airports, they just regulate them. If they did, I'm sure the FAA Administrator, Elaine Chao (wife of Senate Majority Leader, Mitch McConnell) would change that šŸ˜‰

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm irritated that I have not taken enough initiative to get any projects done around the house.Ā  I want to start something and get it done, but my heart just isn't into it.Ā  It's so different than the usual hectic pace of the Fouls household.Ā  If anything, with 2 adults and 2 teenagers home full time, we've let things go even more.Ā Ā 

This is something I'm seeing a lot of from creative friends on Twitter. So much pressure to do this or that during the quarantine - new project, learn a new language, read all of those books, etc.

But how about just take care of each other and survive this? That alone is a project.

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

If you want to call whatever CNN broadcasts News,Ā  whatever. But yeah I hear you!

That's why I put "news" in quotes. I was trying to keep from getting political, and banned...Ā  šŸ˜‰

Archived