Annual Review Series -- Al Durham

"As a senior, Durham needs to become much more impactful on the defensive end."

100%. I think to do that he has to work on his upper body and core strength. He got "muscled" a lot by B10 guards. He seemed to have real problems with the physical ones...

Really good assessment. Moving Al off the ball should free up his game. He's really struggled trying g to play point and it is painful to watch. A healthy Rob and hopefully adding Lander would be huge for Al. And if he could figure out how to stay on his feet it would help. Virtually every drive to the basket he ends up on his back out of bounds.

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

"As a senior, Durham needs to become much more impactful on the defensive end."

100%. I think to do that he has to work on his upper body and core strength. He got "muscled" a lot by B10 guards. He seemed to have real problems with the physical ones...

His defensive position is too upright at times and he gets too high, having to chase from behind 

9 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Really good assessment. Moving Al off the ball should free up his game. He's really struggled trying g to play point and it is painful to watch. A healthy Rob and hopefully adding Lander would be huge for Al. And if he could figure out how to stay on his feet it would help. Virtually every drive to the basket he ends up on his back out of bounds.

He told me last year that he has fallen like that since he was a kid.  It is more just a style of play than anything else.

Archived