Purdue losing a Big

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think that’s remotely close to accurate. It’s probably he wants to not come off the bench behind Williams. 

So essentially that says by year 3 you won't get minutes because we haven't developed you enough. Hmmm...sounds familiar up there. I caught some trouble on another site years ago when I said the same about AJ.....followed by Caleb followed by Haas now followed by Haarms. 

We can all agree Painter is a good guy. His developing pros is Bruce Weber company. Haarms leaving after year 3 would be like us losing Rob next year. Not a good look at all.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

So essentially that says by year 3 you won't get minutes because we haven't developed you enough. Hmmm...sounds familiar up there. I caught some trouble on another site years ago when I said the same about AJ.....followed by Caleb followed by Haas now followed by Haarms. 

We can all agree Painter is a good guy. His developing pros is Bruce Weber company. Haarms leaving after year 3 would be like us losing Rob next year. Not a good look at all.

Yeah Caleb didn’t develop that much in his two years at Purdue...

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Hammons and Haas improved. 

Haarms was a dude ranked in the mid 300’s so he clearly developed. Williams is just better. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah Caleb didn’t develop that much in his two years at Purdue...

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Hammons and Haas improved. 

Haarms was a dude ranked in the mid 300’s so he clearly developed. Williams is just better. 

Awesome. Looks like you guys have everything all figured out. Please tell us the success that eludes all college hoops when they see a proto typical Purdue guy say I'm out. PS....can't wait to see Caleb, Hammons, and Haas on the tube when NBA resumes. 

57 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Don’t think that’s remotely close to accurate. It’s probably he wants to not come off the bench behind Williams. 

Sorry. That sounds like a quitters attitude to me.  If you don't want to come off the bench. Then do something about it.  Just out work the other guy.

I’m not going to give Purdue fans a hard time or put this on Painter. He runs a good program. Is it a NC contender. No...but they are a top 25 team most years. They are consistently good if not really good most years. I can’t wait to get back to that because hopefully then we can get the players that will then take us the next step again. I generally like Haarms energy he played with. No reason him and Williams can’t coexist...plenty of minutes for both. Good luck to him because I’m not sure he could find a better system for his talents then the way Purdue grinds our game’s and plays slow. Can’t say what lead him to this decision other than getting beat out which is kinda sad but hey we are losing guys ourselves...so again that says nothing about the program or the coach imo.

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Purdouche-Ugly Girl U? Really?

We have a lot of underlying frustration here after the last half a decade of losing to you guys. Not sure why the animosity because honestly Purdue is a good school and a good representative of the state of Indiana and it’s basketball history. Sure I’ll never root for them to get a top recruit over us or do better than us in anything but I don’t hate just to hate. Sorry you lost a key cog of your team. He made you guys better. That said you had a nice pick up in Furst...going to hate facing him!

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We have a lot of underlying frustration here after the last half a decade of losing to you guys. Not sure why the animosity because honestly Purdue is a good school and a good representative of the state of Indiana and it’s basketball history. Sure I’ll never root for them to get a top recruit over us or do better than us in anything but I don’t hate just to hate. Sorry you lost a key cog of your team. He made you guys better. That said you had a nice pick up in Furst...going to hate facing him!

No worries. I wish Furst was coming in next year! That’d help things a bit haha. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

No worries. I wish Furst was coming in next year! That’d help things a bit haha. 

He's got to graduate from High School Furst.   Bad pun, I realize that.  But could not help myself.

Oh, and grow.  He's not seven foot.... yet.   LOL

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m not going to give Purdue fans a hard time or put this on Painter. He runs a good program. Is it a NC contender. No...but they are a top 25 team most years. They are consistently good if not really good most years. I can’t wait to get back to that because hopefully then we can get the players that will then take us the next step again. I generally like Haarms energy he played with. No reason him and Williams can’t coexist...plenty of minutes for both. Good luck to him because I’m not sure he could find a better system for his talents then the way Purdue grinds our game’s and plays slow. Can’t say what lead him to this decision other than getting beat out which is kinda sad but hey we are losing guys ourselves...so again that says nothing about the program or the coach imo.

Just want to point out when people say Purdue is consistently good. With them not making tourney this year....it makes 5 of his last 8 seasons Painter/Purdue didn't have a tourney win. 

Painter's a good guy...but his recent run somehow has masked overall success (if you can call it that) at Purdue. 5 of 8 years. No tourney wins. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Haarms is the poster child for how players think today.

This kind of thinking is why it is so hard to be a college coach in today's environment.  It is so hard to have a good plan for your roster management because you have players transferring and guys that has no business leaving for the NBA.

30 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Because that is what you do when talking about your in state rivals

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just want to point out when people say Purdue is consistently good. With them not making tourney this year....it makes 5 of his last 8 seasons Painter/Purdue didn't have a tourney win. 

Painter's a good guy...but his recent run somehow has masked overall success (if you can call it that) at Purdue. 5 of 8 years. No tourney wins. 

Why do you keep fixating on tournament wins? He missed the tournament in 3 of those 8 years. Losing in the first round is never fun but it’s still significantly better than not even making the tournament. There will always be down years but with Purdue under Painter, they haven’t happened often. Even in the years we lost in the first round, we finished 3rd in the conference both years and won a combined 47 games in those two years. A far cry from not even making the tournament. 

Also, why are you only focusing on the last 8 years? Because the first year of your timeframe was the first time he missed the tournament since his first year at Purdue and it helps your argument? Why not go back 10 years? 15?

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Why do you keep fixating on tournament wins? He missed the tournament in 3 of those 8 years. Losing in the first round is never fun but it’s still significantly better than not even making the tournament. There will always be down years but with Purdue under Painter, they haven’t happened often. Even in the years we lost in the first round, we finished 3rd in the conference both years and won a combined 47 games in those two years. A far cry from not even making the tournament. 

Also, why are you only focusing on the last 8 years? Because the first year of your timeframe was the first time he missed the tournament since his first year at Purdue and it helps your argument? Why not go back 10 years? 15?

I highlight the 5 of 8 years because that was after he was on the job for 7 seasons. In terms of me fixating on tourney wins?? I guess if I have to answer that one that says plenty. Have a good one gang. Off to yard work and 70's almost 80 today here in the 317. Take care all. Always enjoy good conversation.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Uh nobody made the tourney this year. Just saying. We haven’t made it in how many years...much less worry about winning a game in the thing.

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because that is what you do when talking about your in state rivals

Sorry...didn’t get the memo. Noted.

I like a good joke as much as anyone especially at a rivals expense. I have much more animosity toward Kentucky since I lived there..but I honestly have never taken pleasure in tearing down Purdue because they represent the state of Indiana and it’s history of basketball which I think our states love for the game is second to none. Sure I hope we spank them every time we play and I want to finish ahead of them in the standings. Guess I look at basketball in our state a little differently. I just thought we were taking a good conversation and going a little below the belt. I mean we have plenty of threads dedicated to our hate for Purdue. Ok...off my soap box...who am I to tell people how I feel. I get it...I just didn’t want to see the thread take that turn. 

Archived