Purdue losing a Big

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK was convinced that Haarms was committing. One of their Insiders even said that UK got a center commit yesterday most thought was Haarms. Not it’s starting to sound like he’s leaving UK at the alter and picking BYU. Who cares really but UK fans can’t understand it and are freaking out.

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

UK was convinced that Haarms was committing. One of their Insiders even said that UK got a center commit yesterday most thought was Haarms. Not it’s starting to sound like he’s leaving UK at the alter and picking BYU. Who cares really but UK fans can’t understand it and are freaking out.

Will the bagman make it in time for this one?

It's amazing how skittish UK fans are anymore. Several years ago, a transfer not picking them wouldn't have even registered with most of them. Now, they need transfers because merely having the #1 class every year isn't enough. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Funny part will be if he chooses BYU. As a 3 year starter under Painter....he thinks one of the most non existent college hoop towns in the nation is better for him. Haha. 

Yep I’m guessing at some point he’ll realize he isn’t really better off there versus if he had stayed at Purdue. Going to Provo? Yeesh. 

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Haarms is getting destroyed on UK boards. I mean, I've always kind of thought he was a mental midget, but they're really letting him have it. 

4 hours ago he was the final piece to at worst a final 4 team now he’s scum. Crazy what a few hours can do. 

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

4 hours ago he was the final piece to at worst a final 4 team now he’s scum. Crazy what a few hours can do. 

Tale as old as time. It is beyond predictable.

Once they choose a destination other than uk it turns into character assassination and a flood of "good luck playing in Europe", "enjoy the G league", "you know cal says uk's not for everybody", and the list goes on an on. You can count on uk fans turning on their players and recruits in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, rico said:

LOL, that be Big Blue Nation.

Yes...at its finest. Most entitled idiots I’ve ever met. If your worried about a fan base ripping you to shreds after a bad game...don’t go there lol. Not sure what Matt prioritizes but I don’t think UK would be an offense where he would see a lot of touches or plays run for him. His job would have been to set screens, rebound, and block shots. He would be on a good team And showcased nightly but if he wants touches...a part of the offense...no he should go somewhere else.

I don’t know anything about BYU basketball lately but imo Texas Tech would have been the best fit as they play more similar to Purdue and would utilize him the most and they have a S16 caliber team next year. Who knows..may not even be a season next year we just have to wait and see. This could simply be about his education.

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep I’m guessing at some point he’ll realize he isn’t really better off there versus if he had stayed at Purdue. Going to Provo? Yeesh. 

Maybe he'll base his decision on the quality of the co-eds.  😍

That's one area where BYU has most colleges beat (IMO).

16 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

Best of luck to him.  Glad we don’t have to see him twice a year!  

Well, and there is this as well.  Playing many of his games out West, means many BB fans will be getting ready, or have already gone to bed, when he starts playing his games.

Too funny watching uk fans unravel after losing a "recruit" to BYU. On to the next transfer that makes them a lock for a title.

What happens if they get rejected by other transfers they would have laughed at before? I'm sure they will adjust their budget and convince someone to reclass for next season.

The only thing that can make this better is for TK or another recruit to declare for IU today.

Archived