Purdue losing a Big

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yes...at its finest. Most entitled idiots I’ve ever met. If your worried about a fan base ripping you to shreds after a bad game...don’t go there lol. Not sure what Matt prioritizes but I don’t think UK would be an offense where he would see a lot of touches or plays run for him. His job would have been to set screens, rebound, and block shots. He would be on a good team And showcased nightly but if he wants touches...a part of the offense...no he should go somewhere else.

There’s been a UK fan on the Purdue rivals board for the last week or so who was bragging about getting Matt...but he’s nowhere to be found now. Weird. 

Harms wasn't coming to IU and the vast majority of IU fans (myself included) had zero interest.  That being said, since someone mentioned Damezi going to Purdue (I'm assuming as a joke), has there been a scholarship basketball player transfer between IU and Purdue in the modern era?  I'd think that would take a monumental mental shift going either direction.

48 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

There’s been a UK fan on the Purdue rivals board for the last week or so who was bragging about getting Matt...but he’s nowhere to be found now. Weird. 

Unfortunately I had to live in BBN for the past 10 years before I moved to Florida this past year. Their fan base is the most annoying of any in college or professional sports. Few have ever picked up a basketball much less played and get their direction from hot takes on talk radio....talk radio of guys like Matt Jones who has no experience himself. They eat alive their own and if a player spurns then they immediately destroy him. All those guys yearning for him now all will say he sucked and they are glad they didn’t get him. Honestly they just spout off regurgitate crap and it’s mostly a herd mentality over there and they don’t realize how incredibly ignorant they sound. 

We may not agree on who to cheer for (us IU/PU fans) but for the most part I can have an intelligent conversation about the game. Down there it’s like talking to a 10 year old when it comes to understanding anything from the rules to how and why things happen in a game. Sorry you lost a real contributor to your team. His energy and effort (obviously size) will be hard to replace for you guys.

54 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Harms wasn't coming to IU and the vast majority of IU fans (myself included) had zero interest.  That being said, since someone mentioned Damezi going to Purdue (I'm assuming as a joke), has there been a scholarship basketball player transfer between IU and Purdue in the modern era?  I'd think that would take a monumental mental shift going either direction.

I can't come up with an answer to your question. Closest I can come is when Scott Martin transferred from Purdue to Notre Dame.

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Unfortunately I had to live in BBN for the past 10 years before I moved to Florida this past year. Their fan base is the most annoying of any in college or professional sports. Few have ever picked up a basketball much less played and get their direction from hot takes on talk radio....talk radio of guys like Matt Jones who has no experience himself. They eat alive their own and if a player spurns then they immediately destroy him. All those guys yearning for him now all will say he sucked and they are glad they didn’t get him. Honestly they just spout off regurgitate crap and it’s mostly a herd mentality over there and they don’t realize how incredibly ignorant they sound. 

We may not agree on who to cheer for (us IU/PU fans) but for the most part I can have an intelligent conversation about the game. Down there it’s like talking to a 10 year old when it comes to understanding anything from the rules to how and why things happen in a game. Sorry you lost a real contributor to your team. His energy and effort (obviously size) will be hard to replace for you guys.

Just part of the game now, and we’ve benefited from the grad transfer rule  more than it’s hurt us overall, but it’s definitely a loss.

But I’m not surprised. He wants to start but he wasn’t going to beat out Tre next year. 

UK fans are .... something else. Not a real impressive group from what I’ve seen...

Archived