Purdue losing a Big

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Very bad optics? I think it’s just a guy who realized he wasn’t going to get the minutes he wanted next year. Don’t blame him for looking for other opportunities where he could get 25+ minutes a game. 

Haha. Ok. Bad optics....no other way to spin. 3 year player who wants to bounce? No coaching change nada. Bad optics. At least that's what the rest of hoops world is saying. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Haha. Ok. Bad optics....no other way to spin. 3 year player who wants to bounce? No coaching change nada. Bad optics. At least that's what the rest of hoops world is saying. 

People are surprised by it but when you look into it, is it that surprising? Williams is the guy now. Haarms is 23 and wants to be the guy. I wish him the best. 

First time in recent memory, PU will NOT be fielding a seven footer or better on the roster.  What will they do ?  What will they do ?  Oh, wait. Brandon Newman from Valpo, to the rescue.

Don't get me wrong.  I think a redshirt year for Newman is just what the doctor ordered.

Just now, milehiiu said:

First time in recent memory, PU will NOT be fielding a seven footer or better on the roster.  What will they do ?  What will they do ?  Oh, wait. Brandon Newman from Valpo, to the rescue.

Don't get me wrong.  I think a redshirt year for Newman is just what the doctor ordered.

We have a 7’3 guy coming in haha. But he’s going to redshirt almost certainly. 

7 minutes ago, IU4Ever said:

Interestingly, Haarms has issued a list of 25 schools that have already  reached out to him and Minny is the only B1G school on the list.

Not surprising. As I posted earlier in this thread. I expected a long list of suitors. And rightfully so.

I can understand him wanting to leave if He isn’t going to get a ton of minutes. Hurts PU for sure. I wouldn’t call PU anywhere close to BiG Man U?! Haha they hAvent had any recent big do anything in the NBA. Lot of big guys have had nice college careers there but when a team is successful usually there gonna have a good big or 2... look around anyone that has been good consistently has had good big men.. PU is no where close to being big Man U.. arguably IU has had better Bigs in the last 10 years.. Vonleh, Zeller, TJD, Morgan would put those 3 against anyone from PU

With all due respect to those who think IU should reach out to him, I'm gonna play the other side of the record.

Haarms was a starter and got major minutes for a lot of games over multiple seasons. He lost that spot to Williams. Why?  Williams played harder, probably worked harder, and continues to get better. Haarms rested on his laurels. I think it shows signs of laziness. I think for him to be part of the team for 3(?) years and then becoming upset because he thinks he "deserves" to be the man is very selfish, and certainly smacks of not being a team player IMO.

If he only got 2-5 minutes a game for all of the time he was there, then I'd be more apt to support his decision. But I don't like the timing, I don't like the arrogance, and I certainly don't like the optics that he isn't a team guy, by failing to work harder himself to become a better player for the team.

But that just me and my 2¢.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

With all due respect to those who think IU should reach out to him, I'm gonna play the other side of the record.

Haarms was a starter and got major minutes for a lot of games over multiple seasons. He lost that spot to Williams. Why?  Williams played harder, probably worked harder, and continues to get better. Haarms rested on his laurels. I think it shows signs of laziness. I think for him to be part of the team for 3(?) years and then becoming upset because he thinks he "deserves" to be the man is very selfish, and certainly smacks of not being a team player IMO.

If he only got 2-5 minutes a game for all of the time he was there, then I'd be more apt to support his decision. But I don't like the timing, I don't like the arrogance, and I certainly don't like the optics that he isn't a team guy, by failing to work harder himself to become a better player for the team.

But that just me and my 2¢.

I think he's leaving because he just wants to be part of a big time program.

Not sure he's that type of player, but I don't blame him for trying to see what he can offer a better program.

11 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

I think he's leaving because he just wants to be part of a big time program.

Not sure he's that type of player, but I don't blame him for trying to see what he can offer a better program.

Don’t think that’s remotely close to accurate. It’s probably he wants to not come off the bench behind Williams. 

Archived