Jump to content

One Prediction For Every Big Ten Team in 2020


KDB
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/7/2020 at 11:15 PM, KDB said:

Liking the IU prediction!

Link

I did find this funny today. Nebraska/Scott Frost have a 4 game stretch of at Ohio St, Home w/ Penn St at Iowa, and at Wisconsin. Maybe it's the Big 10's way of telling Nebraska and their AD/Coach to stop asking for certain opponents during crossover conference games. Certainly back fired last year for them with us. Good luck Frosty!  They've got a few early/easy wins but after that things get a tad difficult. 7 wins max.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I did find this funny today. Nebraska/Scott Frost have a 4 game stretch of at Ohio St, Home w/ Penn St at Iowa, and at Wisconsin. Maybe it's the Big 10's way of telling Nebraska and their AD/Coach to stop asking for certain opponents during crossover conference games. Certainly back fired last year for them with us. Good luck Frosty!  They've got a few early/easy wins but after that things get a tad difficult. 7 wins max.

Nebraska is quickly becoming one of my less liked teams because of stuff like this. 
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Nebraska is quickly becoming one of my less liked teams because of stuff like this. 
 

Always been one of mine. I have no problem with Frost trying to inject spirit into their program. Any coach worth their weight does that. With that said.....he's trying to throw his weight around like his opinion matters. Kind of like some Big 10 hoops coaches. Opinions don't matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Fun to think about, but we aren't winning at Wisconsin. 

Not ready to give up on that one. Tons of off season changes at Wisconsin. We return what 17-18 starters? First game of year after undoubtedly the strangest off season ever....might catch them thinking same old IU early in the season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not ready to give up on that one. Tons of off season changes at Wisconsin. We return what 17-18 starters? First game of year after undoubtedly the strangest off season ever....might catch them thinking same old IU early in the season.

18- 1 WR, 2 OL, 1 LB are the only starters gone 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not ready to give up on that one. Tons of off season changes at Wisconsin. We return what 17-18 starters? First game of year after undoubtedly the strangest off season ever....might catch them thinking same old IU early in the season.

I'm just glad we're getting to the point that I feel like we can compete with Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, and Michigan.  There have been times in the past when we've been close, but they seemed like games where we either caught them off guard or everything went right for us.  We are starting to have the talent that we can consistently compete with those teams.  We no longer need a fluke game to stay close or knock one of those teams off.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I did find this funny today. Nebraska/Scott Frost have a 4 game stretch of at Ohio St, Home w/ Penn St at Iowa, and at Wisconsin. Maybe it's the Big 10's way of telling Nebraska and their AD/Coach to stop asking for certain opponents during crossover conference games. Certainly back fired last year for them with us. Good luck Frosty!  They've got a few early/easy wins but after that things get a tad difficult. 7 wins max.

I don't know if I would call Purdue, Cincinnati, and at Northwestern easy wins.  That UC game will tell a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rico said:

I don't know if I would call Purdue, Cincinnati, and at Northwestern easy wins.  That UC game will tell a lot.

Agree. Maybe should have said the games where they will probably be favored and likely to win. Those 3 teams you mentioned....just not sure what to expect honestly from them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree. Maybe should have said the games where they will probably be favored and likely to win. Those 3 teams you mentioned....just not sure what to expect honestly from them. 

Agree on Purdue and NW...but I expect the Bearcats to be in the Top 25 or close to it to start the season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hell why even play the game then? Geeesh. 

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

 

I just listed our last 10 football results against Wisconsin. We've been outscored 512-143 in that stretch. Eight out of the ten games weren't within 4 touchdowns. 

 

You can wax poetic about how anything can happen and those were different teams, but recent history doesn't suggest we win this game, or even come remotely close to doing it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

 

I just listed our last 10 football results against Wisconsin. We've been outscored 512-143 in that stretch. Eight out of the ten games weren't within 4 touchdowns. 

 

You can wax poetic about how anything can happen and those were different teams, but recent history doesn't suggest we win this game, or even come remotely close to doing it. 

The streak has to end sometime...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

 

I just listed our last 10 football results against Wisconsin. We've been outscored 512-143 in that stretch. Eight out of the ten games weren't within 4 touchdowns. 

 

You can wax poetic about how anything can happen and those were different teams, but recent history doesn't suggest we win this game, or even come remotely close to doing it. 

Again..why even play it? I mean if they beat us that bad in 2006.. heck NO way we could ever beat them.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in the stands when Anthony Thompson ran rampant on Wisconsin. I have a co-worker whose son played on the Antwan team that ran them over. The talent gap is narrowing. Penix has sat for a long time and watched/listened to this fan base fawn over Peyton Ramsey (rightfully so). Imo he’s gonna be fired up and ready to make his own legacy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was in the stands when Anthony Thompson ran rampant on Wisconsin. I have a co-worker whose son played on the Antwan team that ran them over. The talent gap is narrowing. Penix has sat for a long time and watched/listened to this fan base fawn over Peyton Ramsey (rightfully so). Imo he’s gonna be fired up and ready to make his own legacy.

Yeah but when Penix was 5.. Wisconsin beat us by a lot!!!😳😳

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

 

I just listed our last 10 football results against Wisconsin. We've been outscored 512-143 in that stretch. Eight out of the ten games weren't within 4 touchdowns. 

 

You can wax poetic about how anything can happen and those were different teams, but recent history doesn't suggest we win this game, or even come remotely close to doing it. 

They had arguably 2 of the 5 best B1G RBs ever in immediate succession!! Not that they can't/won't pull another Gordon or Taylor or better out of their proverbial rear ends, but even if they have yet another in the wings, a rough opener isn't totally out of the question and neither is an IU win!  

Edited by jblaz13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...