One Prediction For Every Big Ten Team in 2020

KDB

On 4/7/2020 at 11:15 PM, KDB said:

Liking the IU prediction!

Link

I did find this funny today. Nebraska/Scott Frost have a 4 game stretch of at Ohio St, Home w/ Penn St at Iowa, and at Wisconsin. Maybe it's the Big 10's way of telling Nebraska and their AD/Coach to stop asking for certain opponents during crossover conference games. Certainly back fired last year for them with us. Good luck Frosty!  They've got a few early/easy wins but after that things get a tad difficult. 7 wins max.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I did find this funny today. Nebraska/Scott Frost have a 4 game stretch of at Ohio St, Home w/ Penn St at Iowa, and at Wisconsin. Maybe it's the Big 10's way of telling Nebraska and their AD/Coach to stop asking for certain opponents during crossover conference games. Certainly back fired last year for them with us. Good luck Frosty!  They've got a few early/easy wins but after that things get a tad difficult. 7 wins max.

Nebraska is quickly becoming one of my less liked teams because of stuff like this. 

16 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Nebraska is quickly becoming one of my less liked teams because of stuff like this. 

Always been one of mine. I have no problem with Frost trying to inject spirit into their program. Any coach worth their weight does that. With that said.....he's trying to throw his weight around like his opinion matters. Kind of like some Big 10 hoops coaches. Opinions don't matter.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Fun to think about, but we aren't winning at Wisconsin. 

Not ready to give up on that one. Tons of off season changes at Wisconsin. We return what 17-18 starters? First game of year after undoubtedly the strangest off season ever....might catch them thinking same old IU early in the season.

Not ready to give up on that one. Tons of off season changes at Wisconsin. We return what 17-18 starters? First game of year after undoubtedly the strangest off season ever....might catch them thinking same old IU early in the season.

18- 1 WR, 2 OL, 1 LB are the only starters gone 

I'm just glad we're getting to the point that I feel like we can compete with Wisconsin, OSU, PSU, and Michigan.  There have been times in the past when we've been close, but they seemed like games where we either caught them off guard or everything went right for us.  We are starting to have the talent that we can consistently compete with those teams.  We no longer need a fluke game to stay close or knock one of those teams off.

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know if I would call Purdue, Cincinnati, and at Northwestern easy wins.  That UC game will tell a lot.

3 hours ago, rico said:

I don't know if I would call Purdue, Cincinnati, and at Northwestern easy wins.  That UC game will tell a lot.

Agree. Maybe should have said the games where they will probably be favored and likely to win. Those 3 teams you mentioned....just not sure what to expect honestly from them. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree. Maybe should have said the games where they will probably be favored and likely to win. Those 3 teams you mentioned....just not sure what to expect honestly from them. 

Agree on Purdue and NW...but I expect the Bearcats to be in the Top 25 or close to it to start the season.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

Hell why even play the game then? Geeesh. 

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

I just listed our last 10 football results against Wisconsin. We've been outscored 512-143 in that stretch. Eight out of the ten games weren't within 4 touchdowns. 

You can wax poetic about how anything can happen and those were different teams, but recent history doesn't suggest we win this game, or even come remotely close to doing it. 

40 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

I just listed our last 10 football results against Wisconsin. We've been outscored 512-143 in that stretch. Eight out of the ten games weren't within 4 touchdowns. 

You can wax poetic about how anything can happen and those were different teams, but recent history doesn't suggest we win this game, or even come remotely close to doing it. 

The streak has to end sometime...

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

Again..why even play it? I mean if they beat us that bad in 2006.. heck NO way we could ever beat them.

I was in the stands when Anthony Thompson ran rampant on Wisconsin. I have a co-worker whose son played on the Antwan team that ran them over. The talent gap is narrowing. Penix has sat for a long time and watched/listened to this fan base fawn over Peyton Ramsey (rightfully so). Imo he’s gonna be fired up and ready to make his own legacy.

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was in the stands when Anthony Thompson ran rampant on Wisconsin. I have a co-worker whose son played on the Antwan team that ran them over. The talent gap is narrowing. Penix has sat for a long time and watched/listened to this fan base fawn over Peyton Ramsey (rightfully so). Imo he’s gonna be fired up and ready to make his own legacy.

Yeah but when Penix was 5.. Wisconsin beat us by a lot!!!😳😳

5 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

41-24

52-17

33-3

55-20

31-28

83-20

59-7

62-14

51-3

45-17

They had arguably 2 of the 5 best B1G RBs ever in immediate succession!! Not that they can't/won't pull another Gordon or Taylor or better out of their proverbial rear ends, but even if they have yet another in the wings, a rough opener isn't totally out of the question and neither is an IU win!  

Archived