Jordan Longino Commits to Villanova

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s got a great skill set from the videos.  Finishes around the rim nicely for a guy that doesn’t have elite athleticism.  Moves great with out the ball, posts up, can shoot the deep ball.  Only critique would be he needs a quicker release at the next level but that’s not a big deal for today’s players.  He is smooth with and without the ball and that’s fun to watch.  

I am excited that there are 2 high level scorers in 2021 that are high on the Hoosiers.  Either Longino or Mohammad would be a huge get for the 2021 class.  The optimist is me hopes having both of these guys interested will put a little pressure on one of them to make an early decision for IU.   

1 minute ago, Iuhoopsfan said:

I am excited that there are 2 high level scorers in 2021 that are high on the Hoosiers.  Either Longino or Muhammad would be a huge get for the 2021 class.  The optimist is me hopes having both of these guys interested will put a little pressure on one of them to make an early decision for IU.   

Orrrr we could get both of them. Realistically they aren’t both going to play 30 minutes a game as freshmen and can compliment each other well on top of mixed lineups etc. 

42 minutes ago, Iuhoopsfan said:

I am excited that there are 2 high level scorers in 2021 that are high on the Hoosiers.  Either Longino or Mohammad would be a huge get for the 2021 class.  The optimist is me hopes having both of these guys interested will put a little pressure on one of them to make an early decision for IU.   

The are different players. One is a shooter and the other is more of an athletic slasher. I don’t think it’s one or the other.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

It’s only film but two videos of Longino remind me of Jordan Poole. They are the same height, Poole weighed a bit more. Hands in a similar place, a little more three-point driven than basket-taking. Felt like their feet were setup pretty similarly. Neither a super high-level athlete but also not a total scrub. Just really stuck out to me. Usually player X is his own man and not really like any, other one player. Just thought I noticed a lot of Poole.

I can definitely see that.  He told me he was 6-5 and a half yesterday so he has a little length on JP, but that comparison makes a lot of sense based on the video.

Poole perhaps a bit more skilled at the same point?  But I have to believe there is a lot of untapped basketball potential with Longino given that he is tied up with football for 3-4 months out of the year.  

20 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I can definitely see that.  He told me he was 6-5 and a half yesterday so he has a little length on JP, but that comparison makes a lot of sense based on the video.

Poole perhaps a bit more skilled at the same point?  But I have to believe there is a lot of untapped basketball potential with Longino given that he is tied up with football for 3-4 months out of the year.  

Do you see this as a backup to Aminu, or whoever commits gets the spot? I wouldn’t think we would take both, but I’m not plugged into recruiting like I used to be. Thanks as always :)

5 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Do you see this as a backup to Aminu, or whoever commits gets the spot? I wouldn’t think we would take both, but I’m not plugged into recruiting like I used to be. Thanks as always :)

I don't think Archie does "backup" recruiting.  They don't offer that many people.  An offer means we think you are good enough and we want you right now.

17 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I don't think Archie does "backup" recruiting.  They don't offer that many people.  An offer means we think you are good enough and we want you right now.

Appreciate the response and makes perfect sense. I like they he brings shooting that we really need as a recruit! 

1 hour ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Jordan has that Reggie Miller leg kick as part of his shot.  For nearly every shot in that video, his right leg kicks out in front of him.  A little unorthodox, but seems to be working for him.  It would be great to have a good 3 point shooter on the roster for a change. 

Makes me think of Poole when he leg kicked that GW vs Houston h/t CoachSS

21 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Based on class rank - Longino has the edge 61 to 93. Obviously rankings aren't end all be all and Poole's is end rank vs. Longino's being in progress...

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Poole-75454/high-school-129077/

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Longino-46076625/

On 4/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

More like 5 or 6 months.  

On 4/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, The Daily Hoosier said:

I like that he played QB. Requires leadership and decision making. Totally different players, but Aaron Craft played QB and was a tough son of a gun

The kids shooting is off the charts...and he has NBA range but I love the way he positions his body and makes space to get his jumpers off (especially his mid range game). He may be a little slower of foot but I don’t think we’ve recruiting a more pure shooter since Archie has been here. I could see Lander drive and kick or Trayce double teams and kick out and this young man killing teams. Whether we land him or Aminu or Wesley it’s a no lose situation.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The kids shooting is off the charts...and he has NBA range but I love the way he positions his body and makes space to get his jumpers off (especially his mid range game). He may be a little slower of foot but I don’t think we’ve recruiting a more pure shooter since Archie has been here. I could see Lander drive and kick or Trayce double teams and kick out and this young man killing teams. Whether we land him or Aminu or Wesley it’s a no lose situation.

This young man just seems like the type of player that Jay Wright attracts to Villanova.  I'd be ecstatic if he chose IU, but...I wouldn't bet against Wright.  Hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

This young man just seems like the type of player that Jay Wright attracts to Villanova.  I'd be ecstatic if he chose IU, but...I wouldn't bet against Wright.  Hope I'm wrong.

Agree completely. Those are the players and type of program we have been talking about as a model for Archie to try to rebuild this program.  

Archived