Jordan Longino Commits to Villanova

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Not sure who the clear lead is for Jordan

Mid pandemic, popping out of nowhere, I always lean the local school (who also happens to be a great option). Reading his original quotes on IU, his mom did go there so you never know I guess.

52 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

2 things for me. I'm just glad to see kids start giving verbals. These things tend to start snowballing this time of year. Secondly...I thought this was Nova kid all along?

Pretty much.  I'd take Nova over the field here.

1 hour ago, CoachSS said:

Longino should have a very good career at Villanova. 
Honestly, quite an easy decision. Best offer he had from the best coach recruiting him and with COVID and his lack of visits elsewhere, it all added up to go to the school 20 minutes from his house. 

Great pickup by Villanova. Not the best off-ball guard IU was/ is recruiting so not at all worried about it.

Hopefully time will tell and reverse your opinion on best offer:)  I would disagree with that statement.  However, they have been very good recently.

15 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Hopefully time will tell and reverse your opinion on best offer:)  I would disagree with that statement.  However, they have been very good recently.

I would say pretty good lately with 2 national championships in the last 5 years.  Right now Villanova is a better offer because  they have one of the top coaches in the country

2 hours ago, NY hoosier said:

Wright might be the best NCAA coach / program builder right now.

He does seem to have very good recruiting for the type of player that fits his preferred style of play.  I find his Nova teams to be very good while also being fun to watch.  Wright strikes me as an excellent coach and teacher of the game.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

He does seem to have very good recruiting for the type of player that fits his preferred style of play.  I find his Nova teams to be very good while also being fun to watch.  Wright strikes me as an excellent coach and teacher of the game.

...and yet, early in his tenure at Villanova, fan forums were ready to be rid of him because he didn't win enough.

Sound familiar?

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

First Patterson now Longino....Nova building another Championship quality team.

I like that we are right there in recruiting with Nova. I like the way they play and the players seem to buy into the coaching. I think it's just a matter of time before these types of players start choosing Indiana over Nova. 

7 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I like that we are right there in recruiting with Nova. I like the way they play and the players seem to buy into the coaching. I think it's just a matter of time before these types of players start choosing Indiana over Nova. 

Great post. I agree completely 

21 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Longino should have a very good career at Villanova. 
Honestly, quite an easy decision. Best offer he had from the best coach recruiting him and with COVID and his lack of visits elsewhere, it all added up to go to the school 20 minutes from his house. 

Great pickup by Villanova. Not the best off-ball guard IU was/ is recruiting so not at all worried about it.

One in the hand, worth two in the bush they say but.....I am really enamored with the idea of a Mohammed, Kaufman, Miller, Duncomb class.

37 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

One in the hand, worth two in the bush they say but.....I am really enamored with the idea of a Mohammed, Kaufman, Miller, Duncomb class.

That would be a great class I just don’t know if we could land both Miller and Kaufman. Also...I really would like to see another 5 on the roster. I think Dubcomb will be a good 4 year player but I’d love to have a rim protector , butt on the block go to post presence...and not sure Kaufman wants to be like we have with Trayce...seems to be more comfortable facing up and that is great. I think Duncomb will be part of that solid core but man we need a game wrecker in there...would be awesome to have someone to roll out there alongside these guys...and with Trayce and Race gone in a couple years we need more depth at the 5. We got wings coming out our ears.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That would be a great class I just don’t know if we could land both Miller and Kaufman. Also...I really would like to see another 5 on the roster. I think Dubcomb will be a good 4 year player but I’d love to have a rim protector , butt on the block go to post presence...and not sure Kaufman wants to be like we have with Trayce...seems to be more comfortable facing up and that is great. I think Duncomb will be part of that solid core but man we need a game wrecker in there...would be awesome to have someone to roll out there alongside these guys...and with Trayce and Race gone in a couple years we need more depth at the 5. We got wings coming out our ears.

I don't think Duncomb is done growing. Big frame, can be a 5, imho. Time will tell. I'm hoping he fits that 4 year contributor role that other schools feel like he's been there forever...like some Wisconsin players we've seen. Very excited for his potential. 

39 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

I don't think Duncomb is done growing. Big frame, can be a 5, imho. Time will tell. I'm hoping he fits that 4 year contributor role that other schools feel like he's been there forever...like some Wisconsin players we've seen. Very excited for his potential. 

I think he will fill out too but one center to me won’t be enough since we will have lost our entire front court after 21. I think Logan can be a difference maker but I’d like to pair him with a real athletic rim protector...an eraser behind our backcourt that allows them to play aggressive.

Archived