Andy Katz Early Power 36 for next season

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t have an issue where he has us. To me, IU will be a top 25 team this upcoming season, but IU has to earn any respect they get. All the inconsistencies, scoring droughts, etc that has plagued the team the last two years has people hesitant to put much stock into this team.

A lot hinges on TJD coming back, if he doesn’t then we will take a big dip down IMO. I also don’t put any stock into Lander if he reclassified. Anything that he contributes is a plus and pushes us further ahead, but not putting any weight into that. 

11 minutes ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Don’t have an issue where he has us. To me, IU will be a top 25 team this upcoming season, but IU has to earn any respect they get. All the inconsistencies, scoring droughts, etc that has plagued the team the last two years has people hesitant to put much stock into this team.

A lot hinges on TJD coming back, if he doesn’t then we will take a big dip down IMO. I also don’t put any stock into Lander if he reclassified. Anything that he contributes is a plus and pushes us further ahead, but not putting any weight into that. 

Let not your heart not be troubled.  TJD will be back. Just said so via a tweet.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Understand.....but hard to pass up the loot. Had to chuckle when Garza announced some idiot on twitter called him a glorified Cody Zeller. Yep....that $75 Million Cody has and will earn seems like a bad deal. 

The more I see of Twitter, the more I hate it for all the a-holes who feel the need to spout garbage like that.

I think we can be better than that, but the reality is we are basically bringing back a team that has been below 0.500 in the B1G the last two seasons. Not many people are going to believe in the team outside of the fans until they are given reason to. 

Im definitely expecting next year to be another year of improvement, but I’m prepared that it might be more fractional improvement and not exponential improvement although the latter wouldn’t shock me. 

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's never collected me.  I'll let you judge whether that proves or invalidates your theory.  

I first signed up for twitter because Marni used to give away information without knowing she was. The players she followed I knew were coming to IU and the ones she didn't I always thought no go....because she was in charge of academics. She kept following James Blackmon Jr so I always thought we still had a very good chance. 

I love twitter...but it's definitely rough some places.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I first signed up for twitter because Marni used to give away information without knowing she was. The players she followed I knew were coming to IU and the ones she didn't I always thought no go....because she was in charge of academics. She kept following James Blackmon Jr so I always thought we still had a very good chance. 

I love twitter...but it's definitely rough some places.

I love Twitter too, have been on it since 2008 and use it numerous times daily. Like anything, it depends on how you use it. If you use it looking for fights, to argue with fans of opposing teams, or to argue politics, etc., then you’re doing it wrong. 

I of course use it to follow my favorite teams, sports reporters, etc., but I’m also in marketing/an entrepreneur and I use it to follow fellow marketers and business people that are sharing interesting and valuable content, agencies and outlets that share best practices, etc. I’ve learned infinitely more on Twitter than I ever learned in college about marketing, business, growth tactics, etc., etc.

Like anything, what you put into it is what you’ll get out of it. 

On 4/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

There's some orange haired guy that would beg to differ, just sayin'...…  😁

Why do you insist on getting political?? Seriously!!?? ESPN is bleeding out because of it!! People want a release from the everyday grind and stress of politics!! 

On 4/10/2020 at 10:59 AM, IU Scott said:

I had Iowa winning the conference but that would change if Garza does not come back.  Like I said in another thread all of these guys leaving would help IU chances in the conference.  As a college basketball I hate seeing so many guys leave and hope some of them come back.

And that is why I like the way Archie is building this program. Our bench will always be strong and experienced. We build the core with these 3/4 yr 4* players and we can afford  early departures and the ability to sprinkle in a couple of top shelf players.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:47 PM, IU Scott said:

Like I said in the other thread this was brought up and that there is no way that UM is the  best team in the country.  He either did this list before livers declared for the draft and Julius and Castleton transferred or he is smoking something.  I have them right now around 8th in the big ten.

Michigan is going to be a lot better than you think assuming Livers comes back. Franz Wagner is a ticking tomb bomb and could be one of the best players in the B10 next year. He and Livers form a very formidable 1-2 punch. They have a young, but massive front court with Davis and elite freshman Dickinson and Todd. Not easy to replace Simpson but they did bring in one of the best GT PG's and have a highly touted freshman in Zeb Jackson coming in. I don't think they'll win the B10 but will finish closer to the top than 8th.

I think Michigan's ranking was based on its recruiting class. They just lost a 5 star who had committed, and another 5 star they thought they had. As I said, still a lot of talent, but I do like what Archie is starting to build, and the recruits he is bring in.

For what it is worth, Parrish in his 25 and one expanded it to if it was 25 and 5 and has Indiana at #28. Big Ten is going to be tough. I hope Lander gets reclassified for 2020. I also still worry about the season. Being a Professor here, they are being very conservative. Hopefully though life will return back to a bit of normalcy. I miss Sports and IU bball and Colts are the only two sports I think will be back by the Fall. Football may be a tough one. Sorry not highjacking this thread, just an off topic thought.

On 4/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Guess you missed the smiley emoji, but have good day anyway.....

Our way of life, concerts, sporting events, everything is pretty much on hold!! Some things may open up but a lot will not!! I have $600 in concert tickets for a show in Cincinnati come July! Probably will not happen! 

4 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Our way of life, concerts, sporting events, everything is pretty much on hold!! Some things may open up but a lot will not!! I have $600 in concert tickets for a show in Cincinnati come July! Probably will not happen! 

Thanks China!!!!

41 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

I feel your pain! I had spent over $700 bucks for front row seats to see the Yankees spring training game while on spring break. But fortunately, I did get a full refund from Stubhub.

Archived