Leal is officially Indiana Mr Basketball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to a great kid! 

“(Bloomington South coach J.R. Holmes) always said that team success would lead to individual honors,” Leal said. “He was right about that. I always tried to put my teammates first because they made everything so much easier for me. I saw how much better they made me.”

Exactly what we need...

24 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Wow, that's fantastic. I'm pretty damn excited for next season!

Leal isn't an instant impact player. He will be a fantastic practice player this season.. and I don't mean that in a negative way. 

When AL is a JR and SR he will be difficult to have off the court. TG same way. 

It's funny how similar those two are, but yet still different. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Leal isn't an instant impact player. He will be a fantastic practice player this season.. and I don't mean that in a negative way. 

When AL is a JR and SR he will be difficult to have off the court. TG same way. 

It's funny how similar those two are, but yet still different. 

True, I just like that the new guys coming in seem to have a tough, feisty attitude. I want to get back to having Coverdale, Fife, and Sheehey type players featured on our teams.

1 minute ago, Lostin76 said:

True, I just like that the new guys coming in seem to have a tough, feisty attitude. I want to get back to having Coverdale, Fife, and Sheehey type players featured on our teams.

Galloway is very Fife like, but a better athlete. 

I believe his mother posts here from time to time.  If so, and she is reading through the thread, congrats to you.  Look forward to watching your son the next few years (normally I would say 4 but hey, don't want to sell him short on developing to an NBA player.)

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Galloway is very Fife like, but a better athlete. 

So the type to bite a guy who jumped on his back?  Fife and Michael Lewis are 2 bad mofo players who were at IU while I was attending.  I would have hated them if not an IU fan.

Lewis spiking the ball off that Iowa guy (Jaacks?) face being another play similar to Fife's.  And any guy with the balls to talk back at Knight a little bit?  Fiery.

16 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I believe his mother posts here from time to time.  If so, and she is reading through the thread, congrats to you.  Look forward to watching your son the next few years (normally I would say 4 but hey, don't want to sell him short on developing to an NBA player.)

True. She has posted on Hoosier Sports Nation, in the past. It was an honor.  Has not posted in a while.  Hopefully she still is reading, in order to see the love HSN is showering on her son. 

27 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

We will never know if he does reclassify...but really good odds it would be 4 in a row with Lander

A couple of things on this.  Lander did not even make first team all-state.  Furst and Kaufman did.  So, he's in 3rd place headed into next season already.

And, without reclassification, it's very likely Lander would be at a Prep school next year.  From what I have heard, it was very unlikely he would have played at Reitz next season.

17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

A couple of things on this.  Lander did not even make first team all-state.  Furst and Kaufman did.  So, he's in 3rd place headed into next season already.

And, without reclassification, it's very likely Lander would be at a Prep school next year.  From what I have heard, it was very unlikely he would have played at Reitz next season.

Furst and TK always had a better shot at Mr Basketball 

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lander was in the one I saw

Archived