2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

Just now, hoosierfan34 said:

Gotcha, good info. But this still makes you think and go back to the original question - which is, how it ok to drive almost 2 hours for a basketball workout when you’ve been “disciplined” due to grades and aren’t allowed to workout with your local team right in your hometown?  Just seems odd. 

I think that is easily explained by it being one afternoon a week or every 2 weeks on the weekend versus practicing on school nights. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HallMonitor576 said:

I think that is easily explained by it being one afternoon a week or every 2 weeks on the weekend versus practicing on school nights. 

Ok, let me clarify. It’s less about the location/ease of schedule. It’s more about his Uncle basically saying “no basketball”....period....if he had less than a B. Sounds like you have a pulse on the situation, so I’m only sharing what I heard. May not be accurate at all. 

12 minutes ago, NYHoosier312 said:

Any word on Emoni Bates?  There's been a number of articles that are comparing him to Lebron.  I hope Archie has at least reached out.  Seems like a long shot, but if we don't get him I hope Archie is at least going down swinging.

I’ll put money that he goes the professional route with this new nba 500k for one year rout unless one and done rule is over

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYHoosier312 said:

Any word on Emoni Bates?  There's been a number of articles that are comparing him to Lebron.  I hope Archie has at least reached out.  Seems like a long shot, but if we don't get him I hope Archie is at least going down swinging.

If I could I would put the crystal ball in for Adam Silver and Rod Strickland right now. It’s not worth it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYHoosier312 said:

He will ever play college bsketball

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We should welcome this. In other thread we discussed kids going to ACC or SEC because of Big 10's style of play. I don't think the kid steps foot on a campus but still this is good for Big 10. If that still means anything.

Agree.  Michigan had a recruit like that recently.  Looks good for the Big Ten...sorry, Cal...missed again!

347254665_Calipariupset.jpg.35650c4ea363d7796ef7b9df74ecec96.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Spending last 2 years at a prep school his dad is starting. Wonder what shoe company is sponsoring that? 

Hopefully Adidas since an IU target is attending.

Makes me wonder...seriously.  What is involved in starting a prep school?  That sounds a lot more involved than Romeo's dad starting an AAU team.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I would say that there is a good chance he won't ever play college basketball.  By then you will probably be able to go to the NBA right out of high school and if he as good as the say he is he will be the #1 draft pick.

Well, whether he does or he doesn't, I'm in the same camp as @Seeking6... I want the B10 to be a destination conference for the top ranked kids. I'm sure if it's perceived that way, IU will get their fair share... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So having Josh Smith commit to IU help in anyway

In retrospect, probably not...but we don't know what Bates is going to do...you don't and I don't...

And I really don't understand your point...would you rather he commit and possibly attend a school in another conference? 

There's no "lose" in him committing to Sparty...not to MSU or the conference...

Edited by IUFLA

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

In retrospect, probably not...but we don't know what Bates is going to do...you don't and I don't...

And I really don't understand your point...would you rather he commit and possibly attend a school in another conference? 

There's no "lose" in him committing to Sparty...not to MSU or the conference...

Nothing wrong with him commiting but that was not what I was answering.  The response was it was good for the big ten even if he does not come.  If he doesn't come then does that really help the big ten.