2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't. 

Braden Smith and Jalen Washington. All I want from this class along with Gunn. 

I know the scholarship numbers are going to be up in the air for a while, but add AJ Casey to your group and that would be one heck of a class...

Make it happen, Woody!

• 2 weeks later...

This has a chance to be the most intriguing (and hopefully fun) summer recruiting season in years and years.  I hope Coach Woody gets out there himself and sees who he likes himself and not just delegates it.  We’ve got three assistants and hopefully a head man who can relate well to players and parents alike, I think.  Here’s hoping to a huge recruiting year.  

I am curious where we are with guys like Karaban, Shawn Phillips, Braden Smith, and a couple DC  kids from the prior efforts.  But we can see Coach Yasir and presumably Dane also have some connections.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This has a chance to be the most intriguing (and hopefully fun) summer recruiting season in years and years.  I hope Coach Woody gets out there himself and sees who he likes himself and not just delegates it.  We’ve got three assistants and hopefully a head man who can relate well to players and parents alike, I think.  Here’s hoping to a huge recruiting year.  

I am curious where we are with guys like Karaban, Shawn Phillips, Braden Smith, and a couple DC  kids from the prior efforts.  But we can see Coach Yasir and presumably Dane also have some connections.  

I could see it becoming a race to get in so to speak. With the expansion of connections there may be an abundance of candidates for a limited number of spots. Could make for an interesting recruiting season as you say. Fun stuff and a nice potential change. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, btownqb said:

There's not really anything wrong with 35%... 

Give me 35% as a high schooler, I'll give you a 43% 3pt shooter as a Div 1 college player before you leave my program!  35% is a great foundation vs 10% VIC DIPO, a broke shooter coming out.  Yes, I get it VIC spent numerous days in the gym transforming himself into a super star but he was broke as a Frosh for IU.  Give me 35% to work with any day vs 10%.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Give me 35% as a high schooler, I'll give you a 43% 3pt shooter as a Div 1 college player before you leave my program!  35% is a great foundation vs 10% VIC DIPO, a broke shooter coming out.  Yes, I get it VIC spent numerous days in the gym transforming himself into a super star but he was broke as a Frosh for IU.  Give me 35% to work with any day vs 10%.

I was super confused how you were saying you could make a 35% high school shooter a D1 43% shooter till I realized you were in a round about way saying it's much easier to make a 35% shooter great than a 10% shooter.  I was like dang.  This guy's a shot Doctor.  

19 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

I really want them to land Clowney. I would guess his stock is going to continue to rise. Getting a good feeling about him. 

Absolutely.   At 6’10 he’s very mobile and would be a very good complement to Duncomb. Complementary players can really give a team a lot of different looks and versatility.  

But, honestly, Banks looks good too.  At 6’8 he looks to me like he has far more wing skills that the usual 6’8 skill sets we’ve had.  Tight handle, can drive, fluid and not tight, soft shot.  

• Like 1