2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Nice article by Mike up on Kaleb Banks on twitter. Really high praise for IU and Woodson and our system. Another stretch 4 guy who just climbed into top 100 and sounds like he'll be jumping higher in rankings.

Clappy going after him hard?

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Clappy going after him hard?

He's gotta be going after somebody...The state of Georgia is a hotbed of talent right now...Last 4 years (19, 20, 21 and 22) they've had 19 kids total in 247's top 100, and they've only nabbed one (the Edwards kid, who Crean didn't do much with)...Of the 4 in the 2022 class, the top 2 are committed out of state (Scoota Henderson to Auburn, and Bruce Thornton to Ohio State)...Banks is rated the #4 prospect in Georgia, and #92 Nationally...

Coach Ya can pay big dividends down there I'd think...

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

He's gotta be going after somebody...The state of Georgia is a hotbed of talent right now...Last 4 years (19, 20, 21 and 22) they've had 19 kids total in 247's top 100, and they've only nabbed one (the Edwards kid, who Crean didn't do much with)...Of the 4 in the 2022 class, the top 2 are committed out of state (Scoota Henderson to Auburn, and Bruce Thornton to Ohio State)...Banks is rated the #4 prospect in Georgia, and #92 Nationally...

Coach Ya can pay big dividends down there I'd think...

College basketball world has to be thankful that both the University of Georgia and Minnesota programs are in shambles so all the top talent can freely flow to the rest of the nation! Just like when we had our demise for several years there everyone was drooling for our talent that left the state!

• Like 2

I can't even keep up with the offers right now. Basically just going to sit back and relax on recruiting. Woodson and Staff are basically offering any top 30 kid between 6'8 and 7'0 who has legit NBA talent who can shoot, are versatile....and don't mind playing defense. What a glorious and simple concept. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love how our recruiting script has flipped.  We have an attractive style of play with personable coaches who can relate to kids.   The style of ball is appealing and not tedious and boring. Our staff is obviously extremely aggressive and relentless on the recruiting trail. 

Notably, we have three assistants who are outstanding recruiters.  Any of the three could be lead recruiter types at big schools. Yet we have three!  And then they have an accomplished NBA coach to pitch.  

Times have changed. 

• Like 6

On 5/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

I love how our recruiting script has flipped.  We have an attractive style of play with personable coaches who can relate to kids.   The style of ball is appealing and not tedious and boring. Our staff is obviously extremely aggressive and relentless on the recruiting trail. 

Notably, we have three assistants who are outstanding recruiters.  Any of the three could be lead recruiter types at big schools. Yet we have three!  And then they have an accomplished NBA coach to pitch.  

Times have changed. 

The times have only changed if we start shooting 35+% from 3 and until then these recruits and/or transfers will be just another stat.  I didn't even mention FT% but we can throw that in when it comes respectable and only then the times have truly changed!  

8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

The times have only changed if we start shooting 35+% from 3 and until then these recruits and/or transfers will be just another stat.  I didn't even mention FT% but we can throw that in when it comes respectable and only then the times have truly changed!  

Stewart-37%  3p% 78% ft

Johnson-34% 3p% 76% ft

Kopp- 35% 3p%  85% ft

Duncomb- 60% fg% 66% ft  (Center)

Bates- 58% fg% 44% 3p% 88% ft

We shot 33% from 3 last year and 67% from the line. Granted we are losing our two best shooters but the group we have brought in are more than respectable...and they all bring a dimension we haven't had. Add in they are mostly veterans or top 100 talent I think things will be vastly different next year.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Time will tell.    🙄   

17 minutes ago, cybergates said:

The guys we're in on in '22 is impressive. 

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Season/2022-Basketball/Targets/

Who's your #1?

Mine is Jalen Washington. He seems like a poor man's Anthony Davis to me. I think if we get him, we'd be legit banner 6 contenders next year.

He's the most important 22 recruit to me as well...Not just for his talent, but also possibly opening up that part of the state to Coach Woodson and IU....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I'd gladly stop if people would quit commenting on a thread that should be dead.  Unfortunately it was bumped again this morning.   FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET IT DIE!!!

The class of 2022 should be dead? I don´t follow your logic. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

No...the Turdue commit thread.  It won't die because of all the off topic discussions. I did my best to push it down overnight but it got commented on again...nothing to do with the subject either.

That makes more sense but you´re wasting your time. He´ll continue to get brought up for at least the next year. It´s just a reality. 

On 5/13/2021 at 1:42 PM, DC2345 said:

That makes more sense but you´re wasting your time. He´ll continue to get brought up for at least the next year. It´s just a reality. 

Well he is a 22 recruit so if people want to discuss him they can do it here....without bringing his stupid 😝 purdue commit thread to the top of the board lol. i think most just don't want to see his name at the top all the time. people can discuss him in this recruiting thread like we discuss the ketchup kid without bringing his thread up all the time. just a thought

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cutter said:

Where has the 0708 person been? Haven’t seen any info from him for awhile. I don’t always get caught up on reading everything so anybody know if he has been posting 

Think he moved to BTB after some heated exchanges here. Hope to see him back soon.

• Thanks 1