2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

On 5/13/2021 at 1:38 PM, FKIM01 said:

No...the Turdue commit thread.  It won't die because of all the off topic discussions. I did my best to push it down overnight but it got commented on again...nothing to do with the subject either.

Yep time to flush that thread down the toilet where it belongs. He is a Toiletmaker now and I think the Hoosiers will be just fine with out him. 👍

32 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Deservingly so IMO. Didn’t seem to be right often. 

Some guys throw a ton of $hit up against the wall, and when it sticks, they gloat. When it doesn't, they remain silent knowing most won't remember 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

WTH?  "Heated exchanges?"  I must have missed that.

I can't remember if it was after the Stevens deal or the site breaking.  

Either way, a few people here gave him heck for relaying what he was told.  My interpretation of his source was a booster.  It sure sounded like all the boosters and even old players were hearing Stevens was a legit possibility.  

I think he can blend in over a btb because they have gotten larger and they have 2-3 other guys bringing tidbits.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Either way, a few people here gave him heck for relaying what he was told.  My interpretation of his source was a booster.  It sure sounded like all the boosters and even old players were hearing Stevens was a legit possibility.  

I think he can blend in over a btb because they have gotten larger and they have 2-3 other guys bringing tidbits.  

Yeah I’d say this site has pretty much pushed all insiders out. It’s pretty unfortunate when people do this for a free site.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Yeah I’d say this site has pretty much pushed all insiders out. It’s pretty unfortunate when people do this for a free site.

Yeah, can't say I've ever understood the wisdom in that.  Right or wrong, it's always been interesting to me hearing what people close to the program were saying/thinking.  I've never felt any need to keep score on their predictive results.  That just shows that sometimes no one really knows.

I will say on the other hand that it didn't help when an insider got defensive when responding.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah seemed to have been around that. I hate losing any content. Right or wrong it's fun and informative. Those hearing things try to do the best they can to share with others. Whether it's friends and family or in the case that he was bringing was likely with donor's/people in the university. Thing is we can't control what is gossip and if someone that you typically get info from wants to feel close to the decision or spread scuttle then well suddenly your source can hang you out.

Considering most of the decisions seemed to have been made by a couple donors and the AD it was going to be hard to get to the real truth on this search. There wasn't really public interviews or search committee or even involving numerous donors. I'd much rather have the info (right/wrong) then have nothing. All we can do is trust that no one is purposely trying to mislead others....I mean there is nothing to gain from it on this site...so if it ends up being incorrect...no biggie. I don't think he was trying to mislead...just like with lots of these kids decisions...minds change quickly and before you know it your got egg on your face. I look forward to hearing from him again. Besides gossip...he had good takes on basketball stuff so glad to have his input.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, can't say I've ever understood the wisdom in that.  Right or wrong, it's always been interesting to me hearing what people close to the program were saying/thinking.  I've never felt any need to keep score on their predictive results.  That just shows that sometimes no one really knows.

I will say on the other hand that it didn't help when an insider got defensive when responding.

I don’t recall ever criticizing any supposed insiders, but I do feel like they missed MOST of the time in the last year plus. I didn’t keep a scorecard so I could be wrong on that. I thought to myself many of times “why do you pay any attention to what they say”?  I think it just further made me question the legitimacy when, to your point, there were a few times they didn’t handle the comments or criticisms very well. Regardless, it’s been said a thousand times, we shouldn’t take anything said as gospel until it’s confirmed. 

• Like 1

I think the reason the insiders "missed" is b/c they got their info from someone connected to the program (IU side) and the previous staff felt confident about landing guys that didn't eventually commit here. The insiders don't have connections to the specific recruit in most cases, so its unreliable much of the time unless the recruit has basically gave a verbal commit before a public announcement. 

As for the BS situation, I think that the information insiders got was good, but once again it was from the IU side. IU met all of BS's demands and he still said no. After Woodson was hired, he mentioned/thanked Dolan for letting him out of his contract. Since that was the case for him, I'd imagine the same would apply to BS, so it is possible (still unlikely) that BS wanted to leave (reports/rumors of him trying to resign and telling the team he was leaving) but couldn't get his release from the Celtics. Whatever the case, I'm actually glad we got Woodson instead, and with success we can promote Fife or maybe this new GA is the next BS 2.0. Inevitably when BS gets fired, he can come home to coach the Pacers. Win win.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think you are absolutely spot on I just think as men we get defensive when feeling attacked! It’s human nature 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, cybergates said:

I think the reason the insiders "missed" is b/c they got their info from someone connected to the program (IU side) and the previous staff felt confident about landing guys that didn't eventually commit here. The insiders don't have connections to the specific recruit in most cases, so its unreliable much of the time unless the recruit has basically gave a verbal commit before a public announcement. 

As for the BS situation, I think that the information insiders got was good, but once again it was from the IU side. IU met all of BS's demands and he still said no. After Woodson was hired, he mentioned/thanked Dolan for letting him out of his contract. Since that was the case for him, I'd imagine the same would apply to BS, so it is possible (still unlikely) that BS wanted to leave (reports/rumors of him trying to resign and telling the team he was leaving) but couldn't get his release from the Celtics. Whatever the case, I'm actually glad we got Woodson instead, and with success we can promote Fife or maybe this new GA is the next BS 2.0. Inevitably when BS gets fired, he can come home to coach the Pacers. Win win.

Regardless, IF BS ever lands on the street I sure hope IU doesn't even bat an eye:

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME

http://memecrunch.com/meme/8STHA/walk-of-shame-after-meals/image.png?w=500&c=1

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 10:42 AM, FKIM01 said:

Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens alone has taken a real hit to not only our insiders but the fanbase in general.  I got caught in the latest Brad Stevens saga that I actually have bad things to say about him regardless if he deserves it or not.  I count at least the 3rd time Brad Stevens has shunned IU but for some reason we all want to win so badly that we continue to go down that road only to be spurned time after time.  Billy D was hard to get over but a 3rd time by Stevens eventually catches up to us all.  I could care less about how close it actually came to be true but the fact it again proved to be false is just maddening.  I do like the direction of Coach Woodson so hopefully Brad Stevens is just a name we used to know!!!

Sadly, as great and tight as HSN is...we have a habit of running off some good people.

If I had one wish for HSN, it would be that we become a bit more accepting. If a topic or poster is not your style,  then move along. But we can not just run folks off and say "they deserved it".

That's one thing mile brought to this board. He defended everybody and made sure EVERYBODY felt valued and welcome. 

Now, back to recruiting.   :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Nice to see the quality of the targets.

Archie seemed to target high quality guys, just didn't get far with most (Bouknight, Mann, Ramsey, etc.) and didn't close with hardly any (Garcia, Watford, Garland, etc.).

With Woodson, definitely seems like we have a better chance with these level of guys.

• Like 1