2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Archie seemed to target high quality guys, just didn't get far with most (Bouknight, Mann, Ramsey, etc.) and didn't close with hardly any (Garcia, Watford, Garland, etc.).

With Woodson, definitely seems like we have a better chance with these level of guys.

Well if Indiana is going to be Indiana again we are going to have to start landing multiple of these kids every year. I'm ready for it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

I’m having trouble deciding who I want most from this list. If we had to “settle” for any combination of this group we would be landing a very good class. This is fun. 

Well we will desperately need a point guard for sure. Rob and Xavier there is a great chance will be gone unless they use their 5th year. Leaves us with just Lander. So need there and obviously the 4 is a big need as well with Thompson and Trayce likely gone leaving us pretty empty at the 4 position. Stewart is a strong possibility to be gone as well given his age. So bringing in Gunn at one wing I'd say there is room for at least 3 and maybe 4 more in this class. I'd be prepared to lose over half the team after this year possibly (TJD, Race, Kopp, Stewart, Johnson, Phinisee). I'll take Hood, Filipowski, Washington, Clowney....we need bigs and 23 seems to have lots of good guard/wing options.

26 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Agreed. I am expecting Banks to maybe do so during his upcoming visit. This is based solely on a hunch and his close connection to Coach Rosemond. 

do you think, if in fact he does commit, that would affect the recruitment of the likes of Washington, and Filipowski?

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

do you think, if in fact he does commit, that would affect the recruitment of the likes of Washington, and Filipowski?

I hope not...I still think Washington is the key guy in the class...for reasons beyond his talent...

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Pretty monster list.  Got to think somebody's going to like the goods that we're selling here soon and pop.  

Big list because we will likely have a lot of openings I feel. There is the portal but I’m not sure it will be as busy as last year.

38 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Banks feels like a 3 to me. Sure he can stretch to the 4 but to me he is just a big wing. Also I don’t think he would effect the other two. He is a good prospect but to me he isn’t ready to contribute right away. The other two I think could start right away.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Big list because we will likely have a lot of openings I feel. There is the portal but I’m not sure it will be as busy as last year.

Banks feels like a 3 to me. Sure he can stretch to the 4 but to me he is just a big wing. Also I don’t think he would effect the other two. He is a good prospect but to me he isn’t ready to contribute right away. The other two I think could start right away.

Totally agree on all counts.  From the clips I saw, he has the agility and coordination of a three. Lot of 6’8 guys don’t have those traits. 

He’d be a nice piece to develop but as far as immediate impact, I think he’s behind Filipowski, Washington, Phillips, Taylor or even Clowney in terms of front court guys.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Thats a nice starting lineup in 2024.

Honestly, that group is right out of central casting for what Coach Woody has been saying.   Clowney and Filipowski, two big guys that are fluid and can complement each other on both ends.  Filip can step out and shoot but can be physical.  Clowney can protect the rim but he also is working on stepping out.   Love Justin Taylor.  He will stick the jumper in your face but also take you off the bounce.  He might be a more athletic Corey Kespert.  Gunn looks like a good prospect on both ends.  Long, rangy, with a three point shot that’s coming along.  Hood-Schifino, we’ve talked about him.  A long, skilled guy.  

All of those guys have expressed interest in IU so let’s see. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

I know we got Romeo and TJD...but this recruiting process is entirely different in my eyes. I guess CMW is going after players that CAM had no shot at. I know a couple offers stayed and CJ stayed committed (thank God). Woodys NBA background is attractive, not only to high school kids, but to 38 year old fans like me who are seeing what college hoops is becoming.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

We need some news to talk about here. Any news of someone potentially committing soon?

Nothing concrete but I'd say Kaleb Banks is about as close to a lock as we can get in the 22 class...doubt he would announce this soon but I feel strong that end of summer he will say yes.  I'd also say Jeremy Fears (23) also was about as positive about us as you could be. Not sure if we land a point guard for 22 if that will change anything but I'd be shocked if we don't land him as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...