2022 Class Rankings and Discussion

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I will probably watch games this year a little differently.  I will probably be looking for guys who I hope enters the portal and who would be a good fit at IU.

The whole country will and probably has been. To me I feel like every team should keep at least 1 scholarship free headed into March each year. Transfers, decommits, really good players reclassifying,etc.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The whole country will and probably has been. To me I feel like every team should keep at least 1 scholarship free headed into March each year. Transfers, decommits, really good players reclassifying,etc.. 

I saw a tweet over the weekend that the MSU football staff has something like a 3-person scouting team fully dedicated to monitoring and scouting players that enter the portal. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I saw a tweet over the weekend that the MSU football staff has something like a 3-person scouting team fully dedicated to monitoring and scouting players that enter the portal. 

Yep. Someone mentioned how fast Tucker turned things around just because of the portal....all programs should have at least one person if not more like Sparty doing just that. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Someone mentioned how fast Tucker turned things around just because of the portal....all programs should have at least one person if not more like Sparty doing just that. 

I would be absolutely shocked if CMW didn't have someone assigned to monitor the portal. Coming from the NBA the whole free agency thing should be second nature to him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

I would be absolutely shocked if CMW didn't have someone assigned to monitor the portal. Coming from the NBA the whole free agency thing should be second nature to him.

Yep...and not just the portal. The work before they enter the portal.  I'm sure between Thad and our staff....plenty of contacts out there saying hey take a look at this kid,etc...and while I love the benefit kids get from getting a bigger stage I also feel bad that a couple hundred programs are now feeders for P5. 

I guess it's just a different form of JUCO. We/Knight benefitted from it....just feel a little bad for some of the smaller college programs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...and not just the portal. The work before they enter the portal.  I'm sure between Thad and our staff....plenty of contacts out there saying hey take a look at this kid,etc...and while I love the benefit kids get from getting a bigger stage I also feel bad that a couple hundred programs are now feeders for P5. 

I guess it's just a different form of JUCO. We/Knight benefitted from it....just feel a little bad for some of the smaller college programs.

They just need to git gud and then they wouldn't lose players. :coffee:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cthomas said:

I read where Saban has a consultant on staff, usually a former HC somewhere, who has one job and that is to scout guys who they feel might end up in the portal. With the way this thing has been put together, I agree we probably will hand someone with that task. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

They just need to git gud and then they wouldn't lose players. :coffee:

Well actually they kind of are good...sucks is that they make the tournament/win their conference and they are suppose to have their senior come back and give them a shot at a deep run and instead he get's wisked off to Michigan or UK or whatever. I know it's the kids choice to make and I might make the very same one but I do feel bad for the coaches in those programs.....the incentive of sticking around that level to build something special at a mid major program is basically over. Just when they were making major in-roads into having real relevance in college basketball and on the NCAA tournament now NIL and the instant portal comes along to benefit those at the top. (Hopefully we get back to the top though)

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

@ThePaulieWalnuts Julian Philips just decommitted from LSU. He was very high on us from the last time I heard before his commitment 

EDIT: Shawn Philips was the one that was high on us, but we did offer Julian tho

I saw something pop up on Twitter that Brian Walsh liked his tweet opening up his recruitment. 

It looks like IU offered in April and he announced a too 10 (without IU) in August.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

This is not a Woodson offense, it is an offense that was adapted based on personal.  Watch his Atlanta and NY teams, and other teams he has been part of.  

I hear you. I suppose he can show kids what he’s trying to do by using his actual IU game footage.  Easier for kids to see it now opposed to this time last year with just nba vids. 

anyway, I’m just excited TB and JG are staying.  

• Like 1