What do you salt ?

milehiiu

Will say this. I have drastically reduced my intake of salt over the years.  But have to admit there are some things I have to add salt to. Like Granny Smith apples, celery and most importantly... tomatoes.  Prep a steak for the grill.  With salt and pepper.  Kosher or sea salt is best, IMHO.

So HSN.... what do you salt ?

Salt: Good or Bad?

16 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Pretty much salt everything but within reason. For me Himalayan pink salt or Celtic salt are my go to varieties.

Mrs mile popped some popcorn the other day. Topped it with the pink salt you mentioned.  A different taste. But good.  And I did not feel guilty  while eating it.

I've never been big on salting things other than Tomato's. I love it but I think I don't (subconsciously) because of all the advertised negative effects. Well as it turns out, I found that my sodium levels are low and told to start salting things. I found this out at my once every 5-8 year annual physical... :) (yea I suck at that too!) 

2 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I don't salt a ton of stuff...but yeah definitely tomatoes. Also, watermelon and popcorn (sometimes). As mentioned in the grilling thread, I do put a Weber blend hamburger or steak seasoning on burgers/steaks (which I'm sure has salt in it).

Oh yeah. I forgot. Watermelon too. 

I pretty much leave stuff the way it comes...if I do salt something at the table, it's potatoes of any variety...and I too like the Himalayan pink salt (buy it at HEB so it probably really comes from Waco).

I worked with a guy that used to cut up an onion and dip pieces in salt and eat them all day long...his dad had died at 47 from a stroke and he had high blood pressure...

I use to tell him if he stroked out, the onions would keep the Good Samaritan mouth to mouth people away...

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Tomatoes and radishes....otherwise I don't salt things. I do enough bad to my body...don't need to add one more. Haha.

If one were to salt anything. I could not think of two better things to salt.  All things in moderation. 

Archived