Recruiting sites

Here’s what annoys me about recruiting..... we could very well be in the lead for Aminu and in the future other out of state kids but because they aren’t from Indiana we will NEVER be the pick on these recruiting sites and that can’t be a good thing because I can guarantee other kids do look at those sites. These so called experts pick EVERYONE else and then last minute when they finally find out a person is going to IU they are completely shocked like oh I didn’t see that coming... Well “experts” maybe do some gosh darn leg work instead of just picking the predictable school based off of a ranking. 1-30 UK, Duke, Kansas unless a home state school. 30-70 UNC, VA, Villanova. Etc... the problem is they get ratings and don’t give a 💩 and no one holds them accountable because they have free reign to change their picks. Their bosses don’t care unless they get negative press which pretty much never happens. Stepping off the stool now.

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Here’s what annoys me about recruiting..... we could very well be in the lead for Aminu and in the future other out of state kids but because they aren’t from Indiana we will NEVER be the pick on these recruiting sites and that can’t be a good thing because I can guarantee other kids do look at those sites. These so called experts pick EVERYONE else and then last minute when they finally find out a person is going to IU they are completely shocked like oh I didn’t see that coming... Well “experts” maybe do some gosh darn leg work instead of just picking the predictable school based off of a ranking. 1-30 UK, Duke, Kansas unless a home state school. 30-70 UNC, VA, Villanova. Etc... the problem is they get ratings and don’t give a 💩 and no one holds them accountable because they have free reign to change their picks. Their bosses don’t care unless they get negative press which pretty much never happens. Stepping off the stool now.

Archie has to land big time out of state recruits and have success before IU will ever be the favorite on recruiting sites that’s just the way that it goes. 

19 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Archie has to land big time out of state recruits and have success before IU will ever be the favorite on recruiting sites that’s just the way that it goes. 

I don’t disagree but they should also do their research to determine who is actually in the lead instead of just throwing a dart.

31 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I don’t disagree but they should also do their research to determine who is actually in the lead instead of just throwing a dart.

I think a lot of it involves making some guesses to get people talking and then try to connect some dots. I trust people in this site that post and just lurk way more than any nation guys for the most part

There are a handful of guys that when the talk on this site listen they are dead on at that moment. 

52 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think a lot of it involves making some guesses to get people talking and then try to connect some dots. I trust people in this site that post and just lurk way more than any nation guys for the most part

There are a handful of guys that when the talk on this site listen they are dead on at that moment. 

I absolutely agree and that is the reason I only visit the site.

Remember there is a whole underbelly in national recruiting.  Some of the recruiting guys talk to the runners and the other figures that latch onto the process.  IU hasn’t been implicated in any of that, but that’s part of why the recruiting “gurus” don’t think of us as much.  If anything, we’ve had interest in kids early on where we then disappear from the player’s list when it’s obvious we aren’t going to give him a car (Billy Nobody who went to Kansas) or cash ( Rawle Alkins, Arizona).

Another thing to remember....clicks and subscriptions feed these guys. If it’s a big time recruit you want the biggest most rabid fan bases to follow that recruitment and that means saying they are warm to them or open to being recruited by them etc...Duke, UNC, UK, KU and then home town schools will always generate more buzz and clicks for a national recruit who also has local ties to a big regional school. Follow the money like anything else in life and you get your answer. Just like when a player gets a visit or a coach from one of those blue bloods visits he suddenly jumps up the board. Nobody wants to read about a boarder line 4* recruit going to Duke...they wanted boarder line 5* talk. Anyways that is my piece.

I've been calling out the "experts" since the beginning. I could not figure out why anyone would pay for information from these frauds. The last second switch of their predictions to keep their fraud ratings up seems criminal to me. If you enjoy getting their insights go for it. But when it comes to learning anything in advance you are talking a matter of minutes or hours. The rest of us will get the same info once it is leaked.

49 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

I've been calling out the "experts" since the beginning. I could not figure out why anyone would pay for information from these frauds. The last second switch of their predictions to keep their fraud ratings up seems criminal to me. If you enjoy getting their insights go for it. But when it comes to learning anything in advance you are talking a matter of minutes or hours. The rest of us will get the same info once it is leaked.

I couldn’t agree more that’s spot on

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

There is a twitter account that trolls peegs and mocks everything they get wrong.  It is quite shocking if you read their timeline that people continue to pay for that hustle.

I will say this, I do not pay for any site that has a subscription.  The reporter Rabs (not sure the exact spelling so I shortened it) does have connections.  There are many Twitter pictures where he is eating with Elston (before he left), Roberts, etc.  I'm pretty sure they do not just talk about the weather outside.

Under Fred Glass the entire athletic department has become tight lipped.  Even the football program which has 100+ people to manage.  Occasionally a friend of an athlete lets something out.  

Basketball has been locked down from giving information.  They give leads to reporters, close to the program, can be ready to release information when appropriate.

It's not necessarily fair to say they are frauds.  They are inside the program and get information like the sources here on this site (thank you) and from the offices of the basketball program.  To keep their access they can't let it out.  

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

I will say this, I do not pay for any site that has a subscription.  The reporter Rabs (not sure the exact spelling so I shortened it) does have connections.  There are many Twitter pictures where he is eating with Elston (before he left), Roberts, etc.  I'm pretty sure they do not just talk about the weather outside.

Under Fred Glass the entire athletic department has become tight lipped.  Even the football program which has 100+ people to manage.  Occasionally a friend of an athlete lets something out.  

Basketball has been locked down from giving information.  They give leads to reporters, close to the program, can be ready to release information when appropriate.

It's not necessarily fair to say they are frauds.  They are inside the program and get information like the sources here on this site (thank you) and from the offices of the basketball program.  To keep their access they can't let it out.  

My creation of this Thread actually had nothing to do with IU insiders I personally was talking about all of the national guys 

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

So your defense of them is that they obtain information but then don't share it. That this somehow doesn't make them frauds. In that case, they're scam artists instead of frauds. People pay them for inside information but they fail to deliver. You say they have that information but choose to not share it even though that's what people pay for. That's knowingly defrauding their clients which is worse than attempting but failing to obtain information. Good defense.

31 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

So your defense of them is that they obtain information but then don't share it. That this somehow doesn't make them frauds. In that case, they're scam artists instead of frauds. People pay them for inside information but they fail to deliver. You say they have that information but choose to not share it even though that's what people pay for. That's knowingly defrauding their clients which is worse than attempting but failing to obtain information. Good defense.

True.  It is real easy to say you are an insider.  But if you don't actually share anything that is a doubtful claim.

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

Not trying to defend anyone as I do not know anyone personally or pay to read what they publish.  I did pay, a very long time ago and enjoyed what Birdman, TheGhost, forgot the AAU coach that fought with everyone, but had great info....had to say.  Somewhere in this thread I read something that made me react to say, the IU program is very tight lipped.  The entire athletic department is.   That is my objective and yes I do beleive you can give valuable content without spilling the beans.  

People throw out content all the time and then retract, delete, etc.  Who knows what is factual?  When you throw out enough information, something will stick.  I think they stopped doing that.  The one writer, Rabs learned his lesson with the Yogi situation and then something after where Crean stepped  in.

One thing for sure, I love this site. 

13 hours ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

There is a twitter account that trolls peegs and mocks everything they get wrong.  It is quite shocking if you read their timeline that people continue to pay for that hustle.

It's Mile, right? 😁

As to the OP, I've percieved at least one national guy (Scout?) that seems to go out of his way to ignore our involvement with higher level recruits.  It seems like the guy discounts us instinctively unless it's a player that seems clearly intent on attending IU.  Might just be my biased impression.

10 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

It's Mile, right? 😁

As to the OP, I've percieved at least one national guy (Scout?) that seems to go out of his way to ignore our involvement with higher level recruits.  It seems like the guy discounts us instinctively unless it's a player that seems clearly intent on attending IU.  Might just be my biased impression.

I've heard about this account. Funny stuff indeed. I'm all for anyone trying to make a buck but the buck has to be earned and have a value associated with it. I've learned more inside stuff about IU on this and other versions of this site than anywhere else dating back to 90's. Can't imagine paying for recruiting information.

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

It's Mile, right? 😁

It doesn’t surprise me and is exactly where my mind was going.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

I pay for the site, and this account is generally wrong about the stuff that it tweets. Jordan Geronimo had no plans on committing prior to his OV. During the OV, Rabjohns posted several times that the visit was going "very well", and did everything possible to hint at the chance of a commit, without ruining it for the kid. They have talked plenty about Lander reclassifying and placing odds on how likely it is to happen. It isnt just a decision of "I am going to graduate", he actually has to get the school work done. They also refuted several posters from Evansville that regularly stated UofL was the leader, and that we likely wouldn't get him by repeatedly saying we were a school he was serious about. In regards to Duncomb, what they had heard for a while was OSU, Xavier, and IU were the main 3 schools. Many people thought that not getting an OV was bad for IU, and they posted that it was going to be an uphill battle without one. The day before Duncomb committed they ran a scouting report breakdown, and when somone responded that he would be a good player at Xavier, Rabjohns simply responded "Hmmm", another hint without ruining a kids announcement. Hell, the morning of the announcment day they posted that they would predict IU. 

That account has been wrong on a lot of stuff, and seems like someone that is just being bitter for being booted off the site. 

Archived