Recruiting sites

2 minutes ago, HallMonitor576 said:

I pay for the site, and this account is generally wrong about the stuff that it tweets. Jordan Geronimo had no plans on committing prior to his OV. During the OV, Rabjohns posted several times that the visit was going "very well", and did everything possible to hint at the chance of a commit, without ruining it for the kid. They have talked plenty about Lander reclassifying and placing odds on how likely it is to happen. It isnt just a decision of "I am going to graduate", he actually has to get the school work done. They also refuted several posters from Evansville that regularly stated UofL was the leader, and that we likely wouldn't get him by repeatedly saying we were a school he was serious about. In regards to Duncomb, what they had heard for a while was OSU, Xavier, and IU were the main 3 schools. Many people thought that not getting an OV was bad for IU, and they posted that it was going to be an uphill battle without one. The day before Duncomb committed they ran a scouting report breakdown, and when somone responded that he would be a good player at Xavier, Rabjohns simply responded "Hmmm", another hint without ruining a kids announcement. Hell, the morning of the announcment day they posted that they would predict IU. 

That account has been wrong on a lot of stuff, and seems like someone that is just being bitter for being booted off the site. 

If hmmm is all I get for my money...I’ll stick to the info I get on here for free. No offense it’s your money spend it how you like! I’d rather use it on another fishing lure lol.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

If hmmm is all I get for my money...I’ll stick to the info I get on here for free. No offense it’s your money spend it how you like! I’d rather use it on another fishing lure lol.

I agree. Those are pretty weak "hints" that can mean anything at the moment but look differently when interpreted with hindsight.

And I know that Lander has to finish a few classes before he can reclassify without paying a cent for that info.

On 4/15/2020 at 12:07 PM, dgambill said:

So if we say hmmmm and visits are going well we are insiders?  What an absurd post.  Hmmmmm.

1 minute ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

So if we say hmmmm and visits are going well we are insiders?  What an absurd post.  Hmmmmm.

For me, it's not a situation where I don't believe people like Rabjohns are in the know.  He is (at least more than I).  My problem with paying for information is that, in today's world, most of the IMPORTANT inside info literally becomes public 10 seconds after it's known by the insider.

For example, let's say I am eagerly awaiting news of a commitment from Mohammed or Kaufman and I have my premium subscription to Peegs open on my phone, and I'm refreshing every minute or so.  Unfortunately, I have to take a dump, and respecting hygiene in these trying times, I leave my phone on the table.  The commitment happens at the exact moment of said dump, and by the time I flush, wash my hands, and wake my phone up, the news is all over the world.

Yes, that is a silly and extreme example, but my point is that I'm perfectly okay with getting the news a minute after everyone else.  I don't need to be the first one to know where Trey Kaufman goes to college, and my kids go to his school.  I watch every one of his high school games.  But. me knowing 20 seconds before the average fan is simply not worth the commitment to pay from premium information.  In my opinion, it's throwing money away. 

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For me, it's not a situation where I don't believe people like Rabjohns are in the know.  He is (at least more than I).  My problem with paying for information is that, in today's world, most of the IMPORTANT inside info literally becomes public 10 seconds after it's known by the insider.

For example, let's say I am eagerly awaiting news of a commitment from Mohammed or Kaufman and I have my premium subscription to Peegs open on my phone, and I'm refreshing every minute or so.  Unfortunately, I have to take a dump, and respecting hygiene in these trying times, I leave my phone on the table.  The commitment happens at the exact moment of said dump, and by the time I flush, wash my hands, and wake my phone up, the news is all over the world.

Yes, that is a silly and extreme example, but my point is that I'm perfectly okay with getting the news a minute after everyone else.  I don't need to be the first one to know where Trey Kaufman goes to college, and my kids go to his school.  I watch every one of his high school games.  But. me knowing 20 seconds before the average fan is simply not worth the commitment to pay from premium information.  In my opinion, it's throwing money away. 

100%

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I get the thought process. And I do pay to other sites. You get some good info on them you might not otherwise get and it’s more than just getting word on a commitment the quickest. I like some of the scouting videos they produce and podcasts they publish. Stuff like that. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Now i feel guilty for reading this while on the toilet  :/

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

But. me knowing 20 seconds before the average fan is simply not worth the commitment to pay from premium information.  In my opinion, it's throwing money away. 

Sometimes, it's not early at all.  Agree...haven't seen the evidence it's worth the $$$.

I subscribe to Peegs, and I'm not ashamed to say so.  I've always thought that the discussion here is infinitely better.  There is insider info that we get here that is not discussed on Peegs.  I think some of that is due to the insiders hearing directly from the player not to reveal something, and they want to preserve the relationship, so they don't share.  Insiders here don't have to face any backlash from the player/family for revealing sensitive information.  That being said, there's quite a bit more insider tidbits on Peegs, including giving updates on where a recruitment stands.  They're not going to give you the scoop that someone is going to commit before the kid announces.  While this may not have been the case in the past, they strive to give the recruits the platform to reveal their choice to the world for themselves.  If you're looking to be the first person to get the scoop on where someone is committing, not worth the money.  If you're a mentally unstable fan, such as myself, and hang on to every rumor, need weekly updates, etc., it's worth the money to me.  They're not right 100% of the time, but darn close to it.

I do get frustrated from time to time when I feel they know more than they're saying, but at the same time, I get it - they become friends with some of these families and don't want to betray their trust.  There are also other times where my reaction is "wow, those are some crazy good details/stories they're giving".  At the end of the day, we're talking about $10/month - I'm not exactly rolling in the dough here, but people act like this a monumental financial commitment.  

I do love HSN, though.  If I want to talk hoops, I come here.  If I want to hear 'what's goin' on with them 'cruits', I check out both sites and compare notes.  To each their own.

Archived