IU/Duke Game thread

milehiiu

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Allen still has 9 points on 3 of 5 shooting. We will need RoJo to play a little better on both ends of the court to match Allens output 

Overall ROJO has kept Allen in check. He made a couple shots with a hand in his grill. Yea I’d love to see ROJO with 20 but if he negates several points with D, I’ll take that all day long!

Really great first half. Guys are playing hard and pretty smart, and Archie has put them in a position to succeed. I’ve said it before, but IU basketball is in great hands!

I thought RoJo played really well, but to win a game like this we’ll need him to get hot offensively. Morgan played well, and did a host of other guys. Interesting to see Archie opt for Hartman and McRoberts over Smith and CuJo, definitely going to for experience. 

Again, just a really well played half for our guys. Not great defensively, but we played hard, just not much you can do with Duke’s size/length. 

Unless someone gets crazy hot from deep for IU, I expect Duke to pull away in the second. First five minutes will be key. But guys, we should be happy. Archie is a coaches, coach. He has done a great job tonight in terms of X’s/O’s. 

8 minutes ago, iRepIU said:

damn proud of our hoosiers!

Me, too. This Duke team has a lot of very talented players. They don't even need for K to intimidate the refs into making questionable calls as he usually does. Even though it's happening anyway.

1 minute ago, Mac said:

Me, too. This Duke team has a lot of very talented players. They don't even need for K to intimidate the refs into making questionable calls as he usually does. Even though it's happening anyway.

their starting 5 are all 1st round picks, our guys are giving them a helluva fight 

6 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Not to get off the current game , but two things come to mind watching this.

1.  This is not the same team that pooped the bed against ISU.

2.  With what I have seen from the rest of the B1G, based on our current rate of improvement we have a chance to have a decent conference season.

I totally agree! We have improved a lot since the ISU game. I’ve not been impressed with the B1G in this series! 

Unlike previous years where we fold down the stretch, I think we will be much better later in the year!

Archived