Shuffleboard Table

btownqb

I'm going build an 11ft shuffleboard table this coming weekend. I bought a house the end of Jan... solid home cosmetic wise. All we did was paint and had to replace some stuff in the two showers, and I removed 8 smaller trees and bushes. 

After that I went right to work on the garage (man cave)... hung a TV, dartboard, sold the deep freeze (for room), hung 4 shelves, put up a ceiling storage part to hold the outdoor seat cushions. Put some posts up to hold my beer while I play cornhole too. 

Has anyone ever built one or anything like it? Tips anything? 

123195.jpeg

123194.jpeg

123193.jpeg

Screenshot_20200413-110807_Video Player.jpg

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not the guy to ask on construction projects. Good luck with building shuffleboard. My friend has one in his basement but all he did was call some area bars and made them an offer after they closed or were going out of business.

I agree with what your friend did...go find a "used" one.

I’ve never built a shuffleboard table so I may be way off. For an 11ft table I’d try to get about 40 maple 12’ 1x3s and glue them together to make a 3” (will really be 2.5”) thick slab that is 30” wide and 12’ long.  Then just cut it down to 11’ total. The toughest part looks like flattening a slab that size. A lot of it could probably be done with the finish if you use self leveling epoxy, but I don’t know if there is a special finish you need. 

The rest is pretty much just a box with some type of carpet to reduce noise and bouncing. 

Keep us updated on what you do!  

So back in the day, I use to resurface bowling lanes...big business in the 70s. And surprisingly a little dangerous too...

In the late 70s, bowling alleys started replacing old wooden lanes which needed refinishing every 2 or 3 years (at a considerable cost) with a synthetic that never needed resurfacing...

There was a guy in Franklin, that every time we would replace the wooden lanes with PERMALANE, he'd buy the old ones and make shuffleboard tables out of them. He had a pretty good business for a while. Said it was easy to put them together too...

So, if you can find old bowling lanes, might give it a try...

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So back in the day, I use to resurface bowling lanes...big business in the 70s. And surprisingly a little dangerous too...

In the late 70s, bowling alleys started replacing old wooden lanes which needed refinishing every 2 or 3 years (at a considerable cost) with a synthetic that never needed resurfacing...

There was a guy in Franklin, that every time we would replace the wooden lanes with PERMALANE, he'd buy the old ones and make shuffleboard tables out of them. He had a pretty good business for a while. Said it was easy to put them together too...

So, if you can find old bowling lanes, might give it a try...

Yes.. I've been trying to find some bowling lanes. Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Here was the end result. I'm more than pleased with it. Pucks slide tremendously well and consistent. Sooo glad I decided to put the wheels on it. 

Snapchat-2048804486.jpg

Snapchat-973969410.jpg

Snapchat-872341626.jpg

Snapchat-299394174.jpg

Looks good bro...but no electronic scoring?  LOL

Archived