Jump to content

ESPN/We love Sage Steele


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, rico said:

Baseball is back on the "Evil Empire."  Who is everyone rooting for?

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/chicagos-guide-kbo-everything-you-need-pick-your-favorite-team

  • Doosan Bears- Bears is a football name, although I know Denver's old AAA team was the Bears. Probably for the astronomical scores at old Mile High
  • Hanwha Eagles-Another football name, and with no Merrill Reese
  • Kia Tigers-Hate their cars (no offense to those that own one)
  • Kiwoom Heroes-I don't think "Kiwoom" means "Hogan's" in Korean
  • KT Wiz-Possiblity. I could tell the wife I was taking a Wiz when I was watching a game
  • LG Twins-Another possibility. Love their refrigerators
  • Lotte Giants-Reminds me too much of the little chubby girl in the comics
  • NC Dinos-No Flintstones!
  • Samsung Lions-Already have too much Samsung in my life (2 TVs, tablet, former cell phone and refrigerator).
  • SK Wyverns-Get Ernest P. Worrell flashbacks
  • So Twins or Wiz it is!
Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was gonna put "We love Sark", but the outpouring was just not there. 

And I can't imagine you agreeing with anyone on here.

They got woke. No matter what political bent you have, I don't tune into sports coverage to hear yet another political argument.  People can get that on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc. ESPN had t

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:
  • Doosan Bears- Bears is a football name, although I know Denver's old AAA team was the Bears. Probably for the astronomical scores at old Mile High
  • Hanwha Eagles-Another football name, and with no Merrill Reese
  • Kia Tigers-Hate their cars (no offense to those that own one)
  • Kiwoom Heroes-I don't think "Kiwoom" means "Hogan's" in Korean
  • KT Wiz-Possiblity. I could tell the wife I was taking a Wiz when I was watching a game
  • LG Twins-Another possibility. Love their refrigerators
  • Lotte Giants-Reminds me too much of the little chubby girl in the comics
  • NC Dinos-No Flintstones!
  • Samsung Lions-Already have too much Samsung in my life (2 TVs, tablet, former cell phone and refrigerator).
  • SK Wyverns-Get Ernest P. Worrell flashbacks
  • So Twins or Wiz it is!

I wonder if He-seop Choi is gonna be in the booth?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Gotta be better at that then he was a a hitter for the Cubs...

No doubt. Maybe it was in the trivia thread but between Choi, Patterson, Ty Griffin, and Pie we had to lead the league in bust prospects.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, rico said:

When this first started trickling out a few weeks I thought no way could ESPN double and triple down on their stupidity and ask for seconds. Welp. They have. I expect Golic to wait out any noncompete or parts of his contract and head to FOX in some capacity. Could be daily radio, cover football games both college and pro...basically anything.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rico said:

Everyone, except ESPN apparently, knew that breaking up Mike & Mike would end in failure. Thinking Greenburg was a star and would make some new show a success was laughable. Never watched/listened to it personally. Stuck w/ Golic and Wingo, and didn't see much difference between it and Mike & Mike TBH, but ESPN messed that up by moving around time slots IIRC. Like the local morning show w/ Jeff & Big Joe and Outkick the Coverage at this point.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Everyone, except ESPN apparently, knew that breaking up Mike & Mike would end in failure. Thinking Greenburg was a star and would make some new show a success was laughable. Never watched/listened to it personally. Stuck w/ Golic and Wingo, and didn't see much difference between it and Mike & Mike TBH, but ESPN messed that up by moving around time slots IIRC. Like the local morning show w/ Jeff & Big Joe and Outkick the Coverage at this point.

No problem for me as I moved on from ESPN a long time ago. It ain't what it used to be. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Everyone, except ESPN apparently, knew that breaking up Mike & Mike would end in failure. Thinking Greenburg was a star and would make some new show a success was laughable. Never watched/listened to it personally. Stuck w/ Golic and Wingo, and didn't see much difference between it and Mike & Mike TBH, but ESPN messed that up by moving around time slots IIRC. Like the local morning show w/ Jeff & Big Joe and Outkick the Coverage at this point.

I have 3 words for you DAN LEBETARD SUCKS!!!!!!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

When this first started trickling out a few weeks I thought no way could ESPN double and triple down on their stupidity and ask for seconds. Welp. They have. I expect Golic to wait out any noncompete or parts of his contract and head to FOX in some capacity. Could be daily radio, cover football games both college and pro...basically anything.

 

He actually already said what he’s going to do next on Monday. He is going to be calling college football games for ESPN thru at least the end of his contract which is the end of this year, but he hopes to keep calling games for ESPN for a couple more years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

No problem for me as I moved on from ESPN a long time ago. It ain't what it used to be. 

It's definitely not...and I can't understand why some other network hasn't come in to fill the void...

There are a lot of us out here that want to see highlights and post game interviews rather than endless analysis and social commentary.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IUskim said:

He actually already said what he’s going to do next on Monday. He is going to be calling college football games for ESPN thru at least the end of his contract which is the end of this year, but he hopes to keep calling games for ESPN for a couple more years. 

That's probably where Golic is at his best. Pre- Mike and Mike, he did games with Bill Curry, and they were excellent. Complimented each other really well. As long as Golic stays off the Notre Dame rants, I would have no problem listening to him do games again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

I watch sports and Lebatard.  They took an hour of his show too!!!  

 

::ANGRY FACE EMOJI::

I will only watch ESPN for college basketball and football games.  The other stuff they have on is just garbage and not worth anyone time to watch.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I will only watch ESPN for college basketball and football games.  The other stuff they have on is just garbage and not worth anyone time to watch.

I always thought Lebatard was a tool, but he and Stugotz are extremely funny.  The show has a definite Latino/Miami vibe, but being Mexican, I absolutely love it.  It is anything but the typical cookie cutter ESPN show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

I always thought Lebatard was a tool, but he and Stugotz are extremely funny.  The show has a definite Latino/Miami vibe, but being Mexican, I absolutely love it.  It is anything but the typical cookie cutter ESPN show.

I just wish he talked a little sports.  They remind me of an MTV show about everything but music videos

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i absolutely CANNOT watch ESPN other than actual games.  all politics.  not what i want from a sports channel.  considering i am also not watching the NFL or NBA, i am kind of only left with MLB and college sports!

I just can't stand the constant bickering back and forth type of shows especially because those guys don't really seem like they really know sports.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just wish he talked a little sports.  They remind me of an MTV show about everything but music videos

That is the usual complaint.  To me that is what makes them great.  Lord knows I can get sports talk in a hundred other places.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mookied39 said:

That is the usual complaint.  To me that is what makes them great.  Lord knows I can get sports talk in a hundred other places.

I guess everyone had what they like but for me seeing two guys argue back and forth in not entertaining.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...