Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Shapopojoe said:

Rabjohns story behind paywall concerning Mason Miller....Any scoop on those one? Crystal Ball site not mentioning IU at this point

He doesn’t have an offer yet but IU has shown interest. Mason seems to really like IU. He’s Mike Miller’s son but he doesn’t appear at this time to be real interested in going to Memphis. It’s even been rumored that Mike doesn’t want Mason to go to Memphis.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Rabjohns story behind paywall concerning Mason Miller....Any scoop on those one? Crystal Ball site not mentioning IU at this point

Ostrom used to be on the Florida staff and has close connections with the Miller family. Mason liked the virtual tour IU coaches gave him. IU is a serious contender if he decides to not play for his dad. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ok, not to be a jerk or anything because i honestly have no idea.....is he any good?  I had major intrest in playing at IU comming out of high school but im pretty sure i wouldnt have made a rec league team.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Ok, not to be a jerk or anything because i honestly have no idea.....is he any good?  I had major intrest in playing at IU comming out of high school but im pretty sure i wouldnt have made a rec league team.

He’s a 4* recruit ranked in the top 60 in the 247 rankings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

I will say he is probably a little better than what you were coming out of high school.  He is ranked 58th national and the 13th best at his position.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I will say he is probably a little better than what you were coming out of high school.  He is ranked 58th national and the 13th best at his position.

Don't let them get you down 3Ballin....You could have been a contender! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I forget the scholarship line. If we signed Aminu and Trey would we have room? Maybe TJD goes pro? Or can we sign 4?

If TJD stays and we have no transfers then we would have 2 left so if those two signed then no we wouldn't have room.

There was a very interesting article 5 or so years ago about LaBron James' seeking out Mike Miller  (I believe when he went back to Cleveland). I can't really summarize other than to say that Mike Miller was apparently the ultimate glue guy. If his son has his father's personality/leadership traits, the potential contribution could be invaluable.

• Like 2

I'm just trying to figure out under what circumstances, as a father, I wouldn't want my son playing at a school I'm coaching at...I can think of a few scenarios (playing time being the foremost) but that's not gonna be an immediate gimme at IU either with who we have and who we have coming in...

As far as the kid goes, I can think of a couple of dozen reasons I wouldn't want to play for my father 😉

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm just trying to figure out under what circumstances, as a father, I wouldn't want my son playing at a school I'm coaching at...I can think of a few scenarios (playing time being the foremost) but that's not gonna be an immediate gimme at IU either with who we have and who we have coming in...

As far as the kid goes, I can think of a couple of dozen reasons I wouldn't want to play for my father 😉

Could be an awkward dynamic for an assistant coach. It can be tough enough in a player/head coach scenario, but the head coaches can stay arm's length from the players. The assistants are more involved with the players and it could lead to some issues with the other players, real or perceived.

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Could be an awkward dynamic for an assistant coach. It can be tough enough in a player/head coach scenario, but the head coaches can stay arm's length from the players. The assistants are more involved with the players and it could lead to some issues with the other players, real or perceived.

I hear ya...

Another thing though, how does Mike Miller answer when Penny says, "whadaya mean your kid doesn't wanna play for me?" 

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Pressure on TK if we get serious about Miller?

I don’t think so. I think the staff knows that they will likely need another F/C besides Duncomb, Kaufman, and a Sr. Race. Especially if TJD goes pro.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I hear ya...

Another thing though, how does Mike Miller answer when Penny says, "whadaya mean your kid doesn't wanna play for me?" 

Remember that Miller has been connected to some head coaching jobs. He was rumored to be a finalist at UNLV. So it’s possible he might not stick around Memphis real long and might take a job at a school that isn’t as high profile as IU if the opportunity presents itself in the coming year or 2. That might be part of the reason.

• Like 2

6'8 guys who can shoot, been around the game their entire life, and are ranked in top 60? Yep. Don't care about the how or why or scholarships. If interest is legit on both sides...let's go. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.