Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

6 hours ago, cybergates said:

I agree that they're interchangeable at 3/4, but in my previous post my thinking is that if TK commits here 1st, that MM will look elsewhere instead of having someone higher ranked that isn't expected to be a one and done in front of him limiting his mins, when he can get those mins easier somewhere else (Creighton). No inside info just my thoughts.

Not to mention Jerome Hunter is a 3/4 as well in that same mold. I would love both but only think we land one.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did not want to start a new thread but I saw Purdue lost out on another highly ranked recruit.  Harrison Ingram from Texas is ranked 16th in the class chose Standford.

Credit Painter...he really used that elite 8 run to put Purdue on the map with recruits...but in the end...it’s still Purdue. Takes a special kid to fit the mold there...and honestly that’s a compliment because I’ve always been impressed with the effort and teamwork Painter has fielded. I like what Painter said this past summer with Haarms and Eastern leaving. Might not helped on the recruiting trail but it earned my respect. 

• Like 1
On 9/19/2020 at 2:07 AM, FKIM01 said:

Come on...you're spoiling all the "laugh at Purdue" fun.

Hard to laugh when they’ve been whipping our butts the last 5 years and having much more tournament success. If they start pulling recruits from Southern Indiana then it’s going to get real serious around here I promise you.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hard to laugh when they’ve been whipping our butts the last 5 years and having much more tournament success. If they start pulling recruits from Southern Indiana then it’s going to get real serious around here I promise you.

Very true, hell recently it feels like the only thing we can consistently beat Purdue at is recruiting the state, and we need to get results if we want it to stay that way.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess Miller is looking for most playing time and Creighton gives him more mins then we do(IMO).  Maybe he still gets some solid mins here.  I hope Archie can swing one or both of Mason or Aminu, otherwise we have 3 open schollys for 21-22 season after Duncomb.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055
6 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I guess Miller is looking for most playing time and Creighton gives him more mins then we do(IMO).  Maybe he still gets some solid mins here.  I hope Archie can swing one or both of Mason or Aminu, otherwise we have 3 open schollys for 21-22 season after Duncomb.  

But do we?  With the ncaa saying essentially everyone gets a free year and the possibility of open market one time transferring.  Would you take a 5th year senior Al or a freshman guard ranked 73rd?

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

But do we?  With the ncaa saying essentially everyone gets a free year and the possibility of open market one time transferring.  Would you take a 5th year senior Al or a freshman guard ranked 73rd?

If Al returns that is great and helps ease the lose if Aminu goes elsewhere.  Aminu is ranked top 15, Mason Miller is a 6'9" PF.  Who is ranked 73rd?

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If Al returns that is great and helps ease the lose if Aminu goes elsewhere.  Aminu is ranked top 15, Mason Miller is a 6'9" PF.  Who is ranked 73rd?

Just a random number.  We need shooters.  Al is a shooter and with open market transferring, wow.  It will be fascinating to watch recruiting this spring.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I’d take the freshman. I’m not shortsighted. Al is as about as good as he is going to get. At that he is probably the worst starting guard in the B1G. He plays hard and gives great energy but let’s be real..Al should have never been a starter for us. He is a energy guy off the bench at best. His best fit would be first guard off the bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I’d take the freshman. I’m not shortsighted. Al is as about as good as he is going to get. At that he is probably the worst starting guard in the B1G. He plays hard and gives great energy but let’s be real..Al should have never been a starter for us. He is a energy guy off the bench at best. His best fit would be first guard off the bench.

I see Armaan eventually passing up Al on the depth chart and you already have Landers talent inserted. If Al is the sixth Man coming off the bench for an energy defense three point shooting guy he's pretty dagon solid and he'd be a grown man playing against some young men. Freshman often are quoted on the considerable strength and speed jump from one level to the next.  That's kind of like saying that once you enter the NBA you're not going to develop anymore at 23 years old that's your peak which just isn't true.

The total wild card here for future recruiting is how do coaches adapt to open market transferring?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I see Armaan eventually passing up Al on the depth chart and you already have Landers talent inserted. If Al is the sixth Man coming off the bench for an energy defense three point shooting guy he's pretty dagon solid and he'd be a grown man playing against some young men. Freshman often are quoted on the considerable strength and speed jump from one level to the next.  That's kind of like saying that once you enter the NBA you're not going to develop anymore at 23 years old that's your peak which just isn't true.

The total wild card here for future recruiting is how do coaches adapt to open market transferring?

I’ll take Al...I mean what choice do we have. I just haven’t seen the kid take a leap. Nba kids get better because they have potential...I don’t see it with Al. It’s like saying Newkirk was going to take a leap if he stayed another year. Some guys you can give them all the time you want and they just aren’t going to get noticeably better. In fact many regress. At least Al isn’t doing that but there is nothing I’ve seen that suggests the kid will be anything more than a 6th man. If we brought in a freshman yes for one year he wouldn’t be able to give us what Al can but you hope he takes that leap...the leap Al never did. Al’s growth I’d say pretty much all came from getting stronger, understanding the system, and smarter, confident...but his skill set....yeah didn’t really grow.

Edited by dgambill
6 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’ll take Al...I mean what choice do we have. I just haven’t seen the kid take a leap. Nba kids get better because they have potential...I don’t see it with Al. It’s like saying Newkirk was going to take a leap if he stayed another year. Some guys you can give them all the time you want and they just aren’t going to get noticeably better. In fact many regress. At least Al isn’t doing that but there is nothing I’ve seen that suggests the kid will be anything more than a 6th man. If we brought in a freshman yes for one year he wouldn’t be able to give us what Al can but you hope he takes that leap...the leap Al never did. Al’s growth I’d say pretty much all came from getting stronger, understanding the system, and smarter, confident...but his skill set....yeah didn’t really grow.

Imo Al has improved steadily every year.  Eye test and stats would probably prove that out.  I'd certainly take him as a 6 or 7 man as a 5th year senior.  The only downfall I would see not bringing in the next young prospect.  But as far as winning in 2021-2022, he would help more than a freshman ranked around 73.  Just my opinion.  And I recognize the falls surrounding it.  

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.