Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

Man, Archie has been trying so hard to get this kind of stretch forward, who’s an outside threat.  Went after Watford in 2019, Garcia in 2020, Kaufman and Miller in 2021.  Lost out to LSU, Marquette, and Purdue so far... Would be nice to finally get one of these types of players.  Seems like a position Archie wants to prioritize but hasn’t been able to yet.  He should be able to beat out Creighton, right?

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I see miller being sold the same thing that garcia did from Marquette and that is you wil be the man here.  At IU you will come in and compete but will have other players who are ahead of you.

CU is ranked 11 in the country. He wont be "the man" there. Has a better shot at being the man at IU.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Indykev said:

CU is ranked 11 in the country. He wont be "the man" there. Has a better shot at being the man at IU.

Yeah I don’t get why people think Creighton isn’t good and he won’t go to the tournament if he goes there...it’s just be the man. We really need to get over this superiority complex we have. We haven’t been to a final four in any of these kids life times and won a NC perhaps in their parents lifetime. Let’s get real. We have a great history but it isn’t nearly as relevant to recruits as we think. Hopefully Archie can do something special to bring us back to relevance.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Do we think he has decided?? I mean if he had he could just announce already. Why announce at top 2? I think he would be happy at either place and probably likes us both for different reasons. I think we have a real shot at him.

I agree. He just visited Crieghton and I’m sure he know he likes IU too. Probably wants to visit IU and then decide. I don’t believe he’s been on campus, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Mike said:

He can visit on his own anytime.Has no plans to visit.Think we finish second again.

Or maybe the visit to Crieghton shows him IU is superior...never know. I’m sure with the relationship his dad has with coach O they know everything they need to know about IU

• Like 1

My vote is IU. If TK chose IU no way Mason would come due to lack of playing time. He should get a decent amount of playing time as a freshman which I think will be enough to sway him to us. 

...And once Cliff Marshall gets ahold of him, he’ll be very scary as early as year two. 🔴🔴

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He's looking right at the IU logo with his back towards Creighton. He's subconsciously showing his choice. Or is he just trying to trick us....?

🤔🤔

🤣

The not funny part is I bet someone actually had this thought it was a coherent thought....😂

1 minute ago, gnet550 said:

The not funny part is I bet someone actually had this thought it was a coherent thought....😂

Probably. I've seen people on message boards and social media seriously try to find the tea leaves in every photo and word that comes out of a kid's mouth.

13 minutes ago, GrangerHoosier said:

Getting beaten out by Purdue and Creighton for your top 2 stretch-4 recruits is a tough pill to swallow.

Those are not the type of programs we should be losing recruits to. 

Archie has to be banging his head on a wall figuring out how to consistently get top targets to come here. 

I say this will all the respect in the world...have you seen the recruits that have committed and played at IU under Miller?  They are top talent and great recruits.  Look no further than the 3 Indiana studs that have not committed to IU since Zeller, Gordon, Recker......Romeo, Trayce, Lander.  Those are in three consecutive years.  Follow that up with the last few classes of top talent. 

You are not going to get every recruit.  You and I have no real information on hard a recruit is sought after.  Just because someone posts something on twitter, it doesn't mean that they are a target or being recruited hard.

This is not to say these kids are not, but it is a stretch to state what was stated. 

Recruiting is going to just fine and will continue to go just fine.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Indykev said:

Especially considering how thin the frontcourt is going to be in ‘21 if TJD leaves.  Thompson and Duncomb may be the only bigs on the roster at that point, unless Brunk decides to come back for a sixth year.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Especially considering how thin the frontcourt is going to be in ‘21 if TJD leaves.  Thompson and Duncomb may be the only bigs on the roster at that point, unless Brunk decides to come back for a sixth year.

I'm going to let this play out. CU about ready to get hammered by the NCAA, our front court has one foot out the door. IU makes the most sense. Nashville to Bloomington for games isnt a bad drive or short fight.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

This upcoming Wednesday, the NCAA is going to extend the recruiting dead period to April 15th. 

So, Miller (if he is to be believed) wants to officially visit both schools. 

Might revise this thread in May? Should be a while. 

Hope so, I feel we need this to stretch out.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

There's always a chance he does what he did with Creighton and drives to Bloomington and looks around. 

But, making a decision without sitting down with the coaches or going out with future teammates is... I think it can be difficult. 

Sometimes, parents want to meet with academic people. So, that's another thing to think about. Sometimes...

Edited by Brass Cannon
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.