Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

Maybe, maybe not. Miller isn't exactly the most charismatic person in the world. It does sound as though he should maybe talk to them earlier in the process, though.

You do know Archie was his brothers lead recruiter at Arizona while landing him some of the best classes he has ever had (until he had to start paying when he left). Archie’s recruiting is fine. The issues are on the floor...kids have to trust his system and believe he will develop them into nba potential. That is where he needs to improve. Once that starts happening more a lot of these final decisions will start going our way.

29 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I shared what I know on the site, which isn't much on this one.  Wednesday decision, never been to Bloomington.  honestly not looking good but I really don't know yet.

This is an interesting one and kids have made decisions based on research and relationships with coaches in the past and that doesn't always include a visit.  Many times, even at IU, the visit came after the commitment.

Miller is even more interesting, he was born into basketball with his dad.  He probably has been well informed.  Heck, the kid was on the memphis campus and they are not even in the picture right now. 

I don't think with a kid like this, the visit means anything.  His dad is a pro and a coach, they understand what he needs in a school.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

At first I thought it was a joke but figured you just haven't been on the board today.  Did your friend say if he thinks we have a good chance because some on here don't think we have much of a chance.

No idea.  Other than we are involved.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You do know Archie was his brothers lead recruiter at Arizona while landing him some of the best classes he has ever had (until he had to start paying when he left). Archie’s recruiting is fine. The issues are on the floor...kids have to trust his system and believe he will develop them into nba potential. That is where he needs to improve. Once that starts happening more a lot of these final decisions will start going our way.

If Archie doesn’t already have the kids on roster that he needs to be successful then that’s a huge problem. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Archie doesn’t already have the kids on roster that he needs to be successful then that’s a huge problem. 

I think we are a lot closer to that then 2-3 years ago. I’m hopeful things start to really build on the last couple recruiting classes. Trayce and Armaan and then Leal, Galloway, Geronimo, and Lander...that’s a whole lot better than what he had when he walked in here. So far 21 has been a little light but it can end just as strong with a couple yes’s.

• Like 3

To me a Zoom meeting 2 days before an announcement is made seems like he's giving the IU coaching staff one last chance to make the sell and change his mind. It might also be when he lets IU decision.

I'd feel differently if he actually made it to campus in person but that never happened. He took a trip from Tennessee to visit Omaha, Nebraska but never bothered to go to Bloomington, which is closer.

I'm not optimistic but I guess we'll find out in a few days.

• Like 1

I feel like we’re pretty delusional about the level of a program Creighton is. They’re in a power conference, have been a successful program, and have incredible fan support. This woe is me garbage for potentially losing a recruit to Creighton is absurd. IU isn’t going to get every target. If they did the team would have like 30 players on it. 

• Like 3

Maybe my IU spin cycle is working overtime but if there was one class that we could miss out on...after getting the best PG in the country to reclassify....it's the 21 class.

Duncomb isn't a miss by the way. He's a top 100 guy who owned Furst when playing head to head. I mean when Knight signed the Mag 7 class he followed that up the following year with Bailey/Knight....year after that was Henderson/Lindeman....year after that was Evans/Sims.

My points is this. This isn't the first time a very solid core has been established and you pepper in elite guys in following classes. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

To me a Zoom meeting 2 days before an announcement is made seems like he's giving the IU coaching staff one last chance to make the sell and change his mind. It might also be when he lets IU decision.

I'd feel differently if he actually made it to campus in person but that never happened. He took a trip from Tennessee to visit Omaha, Nebraska but never bothered to go to Bloomington, which is closer.

I'm not optimistic but I guess we'll find out in a few days.

I am sure Creighton boards are saying....well crap he is giving the last word to IU too.  I won't be surprised if he chooses Creighton, but who really knows.

Why would we offer Mustapha Amzil if the coaching staff felt confident in Miller(they are very much the same player just Miller is better). I think this is a last ditch effort to sell a program that you have been selling for over a year. I know coach is good at selling, but nothing is better than bloomington and Assembly Hall at selling IU. I understand people's negative vibes. I hope he comes because I think we need more shooting. Maybe the Amzil offer was to nudge Miller into committing, but It does not feel that way.

25 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I am sure Creighton boards are saying....well crap he is giving the last word to IU too.  I won't be surprised if he chooses Creighton, but who really knows.

I looked at a couple of Creighton Basketball Forums, and I'm not sure they'd know Mason Miller from Cheryl Miller...

I didn't see Mason's name on any of them...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe my IU spin cycle is working overtime but if there was one class that we could miss out on...after getting the best PG in the country to reclassify....it's the 21 class.

Duncomb isn't a miss by the way. He's a top 100 guy who owned Furst when playing head to head. I mean when Knight signed the Mag 7 class he followed that up the following year with Bailey/Knight....year after that was Henderson/Lindeman....year after that was Evans/Sims.

My points is this. This isn't the first time a very solid core has been established and you pepper in elite guys in following classes. 

What ..21 was the class everyone pointed to as the class to right this ship for 3 years now. We are picked 8th in the Big Ten again. Aren't you sick of it,i sure am. This is the year for me, win or go away for this staff. New AD, new IU president in june, Archie now has his players, to sink or swim with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I looked at a couple of Creighton Basketball Forums, and I'm not sure they'd know Mason Miller from Cheryl Miller...

I didn't see Mason's name on any of them...

He has a seven page topic on their main board. They are saying Creighton because he and TyTy Washington are friends and played together over the weekend. TyTy just signed with them. They seem confident. This is their thoughts not mine.

3 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

He has a seven page topic on their main board. They are saying Creighton because he and TyTy Washington are friends and played together over the weekend. TyTy just signed with them. They seem confident. This is their thoughts not mine.

Ah, yeah...Saw it...Thanks...7 pages...

And I'm guessing they don't have "The Daily Blue Jay" Or "Inside the Nest" to fill them in like we do ;) 

18 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

Pulled this from page 2, doesn't sound promising for us...

https://creighton.rivals.com/news/creighton-2021-recruiting-spotlight-mason-miller

“I hear from Creighton a lot,” Miller said. “I probably get a phone call from Coach Huss or Coach McDermott at least every other day. I’ve had a virtual visit with the staff and I recently had a Zoom call with Jeremy Anderson.”

When asked about Creighton’s style of play, the 6-foot-9 sharp-shooting forward said his dad told him he’d be a great fit.

“The staff said I would fit in perfectly with how they play,” Miller said. “It’s kind of funny that me and my dad would watch Creighton play before they even offered me, and my dad would comment on how I would be a good fit in their system.”
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Pulled this from page 2, doesn't sound promising for us...

https://creighton.rivals.com/news/creighton-2021-recruiting-spotlight-mason-miller

“I hear from Creighton a lot,” Miller said. “I probably get a phone call from Coach Huss or Coach McDermott at least every other day. I’ve had a virtual visit with the staff and I recently had a Zoom call with Jeremy Anderson.”

When asked about Creighton’s style of play, the 6-foot-9 sharp-shooting forward said his dad told him he’d be a great fit.

“The staff said I would fit in perfectly with how they play,” Miller said. “It’s kind of funny that me and my dad would watch Creighton play before they even offered me, and my dad would comment on how I would be a good fit in their system.”

Welp. Last time a recruit said that we know how that turned out.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MaroonRebel said:

Why would we offer Mustapha Amzil if the coaching staff felt confident in Miller(they are very much the same player just Miller is better). I think this is a last ditch effort to sell a program that you have been selling for over a year. I know coach is good at selling, but nothing is better than bloomington and Assembly Hall at selling IU. I understand people's negative vibes. I hope he comes because I think we need more shooting. Maybe the Amzil offer was to nudge Miller into committing, but It does not feel that way.

to play devil's advocate here....I would say Miller would be a guy you would think would come in and contribute right away.  Amzil, I would think, would need at least a year to be able to really contribute.  Is there overlap in play style and abilities, yes, but if you expect one to be ready this year (Miller) to play a reserve role and contribute and the other (Azmil) to just be in the program and then take a reserve role next year, then there is no reason to not try and welcome both.

I'm not saying that is the case, but based on rankings and highlights, etc..it could be the case.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

to play devil's advocate here....I would say Miller would be a guy you would think would come in and contribute right away.  Amzil, I would think, would need at least a year to be able to really contribute.  Is there overlap in play style and abilities, yes, but if you expect one to be ready this year (Miller) to play a reserve role and contribute and the other (Azmil) to just be in the program and then take a reserve role next year, then there is no reason to not try and welcome both.

I'm not saying that is the case, but based on rankings and highlights, etc..it could be the case.

I like your thinking. However, the timing is the one thing that makes this sound like Miller to the BlueJays. We offer and the next day Miller lists his final 2 and sets an announcement date of one week. This is after visiting them on his own dime. I think they sold it on the visit and he is giving a courtesy call to IU. I hope I am wrong.

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.