Jump to content

Mason Miller committed to Creighton.


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Recruiting just like drafts take some time to truly evaluate. Highly ranked classes bomb, lowly rank classes surprise. As long as we win and beat PU I'll be ok. 

The class if VO and Sheehey  was not ranked high and remember fans jumping off the ledge about that's class.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think we have a good group of guys right now. I’m expecting a good year from Archie. 2021 will take care of itself.

I want the best recruits just like everyone else, and I wish we had landed TK like everyone else. But, I think Archie is going to need a breakthrough season on the court and then things will really roll.

With that said, IMO the keys to the program over the next two years are already on the team. Lander being legit and the development of Phinisee, Race, Hunter, Franklin, Geronimo, Galloway and Leal are the keys, and if things go right with those guys, this could be that breakthrough season. I wish we had a few more guys in that 20-60 rated range, but I do like that Archie finally has "his" guys and guys that finally reflect the culture he's trying to build. 

We need a big or two to replace TJD and Brunk, but if those aforementioned guys develop to the potential they're capable of, then IU will be in good shape. 

 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I want the best recruits just like everyone else, and I wish we had landed TK like everyone else. But, I think Archie is going to need a breakthrough season on the court and then things will really roll.

With that said, IMO the keys to the program over the next two years are already on the team. Lander being legit and the development of Phinisee, Hunter, Franklin, Geronimo, Galloway and Leal are the keys, and if things go right with those guys, this could be that breakthrough season. I wish we had a few more guys in that 20-60 rated range, but I do like that Archie finally has "his" guys and guys that finally reflect the culture he's trying to build. 

We need a big or two to replace TJD and Brunk, but if those aforementioned guys develop to the potential they're capable of, then IU will be in good shape. 

 

My biggest worry is that we likely lose Trayce after this year...and maybe Lander this or next. Who will be that next go to guy? Big year for the program to make hay while we have the talent. If we don’t then it might be awhile before we see that level of recruits. It’s year 4. I want Archie to succeed because I want us to be good again. I don’t want to start over. So I’m hopeful....but this year is big.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My biggest worry is that we likely lose Trayce after this year...and maybe Lander this or next. Who will be that next go to guy? Big year for the program to make hay while we have the talent. If we don’t then it might be awhile before we see that level of recruits. It’s year 4. I want Archie to succeed because I want us to be good again. I don’t want to start over. So I’m hopeful....but this year is big.

Completely valid concern and I share it as well. I'm of the opinion that to be a true contender you need at least two NBA level type players. We have one in TJD and we hope Lander turns into one. Otherwise, we're banking on Hunter being healthy and developing into that and probably a Geronimo being an OG/Oladipo type. 

We're going to need a TJD replacement. We just will. I'm hoping IU overachieves this year and then Archie is off and running. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Is Race graduating? I know Logan will be a freshman but he should still be able to give us minutes. We will land someone.

I would like IU to go after the grad transfer from Yale who was the ivy League player of the year.  He averaged 17 and 10 last year and is 6'10

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The class if VO and Sheehey  was not ranked high and remember fans jumping off the ledge about that's class.

 

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Then the 2012 class which was highly ranked was basically a complete dud except for Yogi.

I remember all the bitching about the Thomas Bryant/Juwan Morgan/O.G. Anunoby class too.  That just goes to show how well the average fan/rating service can assess the effectiveness of a given class.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

 

I remember all the bitching about the Thomas Bryant/Juwan Morgan/O.G. Anunoby class too.  That just goes to show how well the average fan/rating service can assess the effectiveness of a given class.

Amen to that.  I think in two to three years that guys like Galloway, Franklin and Geronimo will be a lot better than people think they will.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All the angst about recruiting.

These are not normal times. 

This is not a normal recruiting cycle.

If a program is fortunate enough to get a kid on campus, official or not, that’s a huge advantage.

Some kids are going to make the decision of their lives based on Zoom calls. Could you imagine making a career decision that way?

Some kids are gonna make decisions based on incomplete information. That probably doesn’t help IU right now, as recent on court success is not our strongest selling point.

This talk about CAM having just 1-2 years to prove himself might, and that’s a big might, be valid under normal circumstances. Hell, we will be fortunate if this season even resembles a season.

Folks on here calling for CAM’s head have an agenda, imo. Want to see improvement, for sure, but this is not the year to make a definitive decision about the direction of the program 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

All the angst about recruiting.

These are not normal times. 

This is not a normal recruiting cycle.

If a program is fortunate enough to get a kid on campus, official or not, that’s a huge advantage.

Some kids are going to make the decision of their lives based on Zoom calls. Could you imagine making a career decision that way?

Some kids are gonna make decisions based on incomplete information. That probably doesn’t help IU right now, as recent on court success is not our strongest selling point.

This talk about CAM having just 1-2 years to prove himself might, and that’s a big might, be valid under normal circumstances. Hell, we will be fortunate if this season even resembles a season.

Folks on here calling for CAM’s head have an agenda, imo. Want to see improvement, for sure, but this is not the year to make a definitive decision about the direction of the program 

To me after the 21 class freshman year you will probably see a lot of transfers due to the circumstance of the virus.  Not being able to take visits and just talking to coaches us not a great way to have to make a decision.  Since Muhammad has visited IU that could be an advantage for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Interesting that nothing has come about from yesterdays so called Zoom call.  Something should have surfaced by now.

I was just wondering about that. The quiet doesn't give me any reason to change my expectation of the outcome. We'll find out tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Indiana wants him to push his decision date back. They are really pushing for him to get on campus. 

We'll know tomorrow if he is going to Creighton or pushing his decision back. Hopefully he waits. But, if he really feels Creighton is a better fit for him than LSU, Ohio State, Indiana or anyone else then a campus visit won't do much to change his feelings. 

From his comments, it really sounds like he's sold on Creighton. But you're right, we'll know soon enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...