Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Ummm...... Just wondering how many Creighton BB games get on national TV versus IU????

I have saw a lot of Creighton games over the last few years since they joined the Big East  There style is similar to Crean's where there offense scores in the 80's but their defense gives up a lot of points as well.

40 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Wonder which one gets louder?

I would think IU. Creighton capacity is 3-ish hundred more but the arena is also a convention center and the seating looks more spread out while SSAH has fans more like "on top" of the players.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would think IU. Creighton capacity is 3-ish hundred more but the arena is also a convention center and the seating looks more spread out while SSAH has fans more like "on top" of the players.

I do not know with Creighton, but I saw a packed-double overtime Duke-UNC game at the dean dome and it was still not as loud as some of the games I saw at Assembly Hall (which were low profile). Some arenas are just really loud... 

• Like 1

I would think Indiana as a brand is more valuable (assuming both can develop players and highlight their skills equally). Indiana's enrollment is around 43,000, while Creighton is under 9,000. This tends to lead to more networking I feel. Creighton is in a very nice city, but still has a regional feel. I also think Indiana the state is a great place to showcase your basketball and to be linked to from a self marketing standpoint. It means more money when your likeness can be profitable. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MaroonRebel said:

I would think Indiana as a brand is more valuable (assuming both can develop players and highlight their skills equally). Indiana's enrollment is around 43,000, while Creighton is under 9,000. This tends to lead to more networking I feel. Creighton is in a very nice city, but still has a regional feel. I also think Indiana the state is a great place to showcase your basketball and to be linked to from a self marketing standpoint. It means more money when your likeness can be profitable. 

Under any other circumstances, I would agree that IU offers much better opportunities to profit from your likeness than Creighton.

However in this case, the family does not necessarily need the $$$.

I would consider this a non factor in this recruitment 

• Like 4

I posted in another thread. The advantages IU had over mid majors are largely gone. Not everything but certainly the playing field is more level than ever before. Given the tv exposure is now almost equal and the money many of these universities have upgraded their facilities and programs to be almost on par. Almost everyone of these schools have state of the art arenas and play in front of tons of fans and have national exposure. We are a blue blood with a great legacy and large school with unique networking potential but when schools are having more success on the court and now their facilities are just as good....an old musky banner might not be enough to sell them on. 

Creighton’s athletic department is projecting a $12 million budget shortfall. Their entire 2019-20 revenue was $26 million. Half from basketball 

https://omaha.com/sports/college/creighton/at-start-of-season-creighton-wont-allow-fans-for-home-basketball-games-at-chi-health/article_77191ea5-205c-5290-9035-28937f6498c7.html

4 hours ago, Bustout said:

Creighton under investigation. IU not.  

Still baffled by this. 

It just doesn’t seem to matter to some recruits.

Highly ranked 2020 classes included:

#6 Auburn (Pearl had an assistant in court and the program seemed to be on verge of probation)

#7 Arizona (let’s face it..Archie’s brother runs a slimy program, he should have been fired and they should be on probation)

#8 LSU (Will Wade makes Calipari look like a nun)

4 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

It just doesn’t seem to matter to some recruits.

Highly ranked 2020 classes included:

#6 Auburn (Pearl had an assistant in court and the program seemed to be on verge of probation)

#7 Arizona (let’s face it..Archie’s brother runs a slimy program, he should have been fired and they should be on probation)

#8 LSU (Will Wade makes Calipari look like a nun)

That’s what’s baffling.  I can understand more so for a one and done guy, but someone looking to get a degree ... 

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Kids do not care about an investigation. The NCAA has done just about everything they can do to signal punishments will be meek and without force.  Kinda like me when I try to play the bad cop with my daughter 

I think COVID stalled the hammer coming down.   Then again, who knows.

Too much money to the NCAA would be lost if some of these schools get punished - seems like NCAA protects them. 

Edited by Bustout
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.