Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

7 minutes ago, Bustout said:

I think COVID stalled the hammer coming down.   Then again, who knows.

Too much money to the NCAA would be lost if some of these schools get punished - seems like NCAA protects them. 

There is NO hammer.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, goonaha said:

Also, in the context of the other allegations levied towards some of the other schools, Creighton's investigation looks pretty mild. 

This. It’s like fleeing a house party that gets busted by the cops: you don’t have to be the fastest kid, you just can’t be the slowest. 

My prediction is LSU is the “slowest kid”. The most egregious violations, combined with a non brand name coach and program. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

This. It’s like fleeing a house party that gets busted by the cops: you don’t have to be the fastest kid, you just can’t be the slowest. 

My prediction is LSU is the “slowest kid”. The most egregious violations, combined with a non brand name coach and program. 

Good analogy.  But the $EC will protect LSU.  Not sure Creighton has that kind of insulation. 

14 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Arizona should get pummeled too.  They caught he and wade on frickin tape.  What more does the NCAA need?   It’s pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I can honestly say that living here in southwestern Indiana, I have only seen very few Creighton BB games! Way more I U games by far

I've actually seen Creighton play live as much as IU the last 10 years. 15 minutes to Bartow arena in Birmingham to watch them play UAB,  versus a flight to Indy for the Crossroads.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Under any other circumstances, I would agree that IU offers much better opportunities to profit from your likeness than Creighton.

However in this case, the family does not necessarily need the $$$.

I would consider this a non factor in this recruitment 

I have never heard anyone say, " We have enough money let us not weight money in our decision." And since the goal is to reach the NBA where they pay you to play, I think money is at least a part of the decision making process. I do think that style of play is the most important part of the puzzle and money not an immediate concern. Not trying to argue, love reading your post. Go hoosiers

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, IndySportsPartizan said:

Mason to Creighton. His mind is 99% made up. I don't think Archie has the ability to change this one with just one final Zoom call. 

What I figured. Writing was on the wall for this one for awhile it seems. Hope for Aminu now I suppose...

2 hours ago, Bustout said:

Arizona should get pummeled too.  They caught he and wade on frickin tape.  What more does the NCAA need?   It’s pathetic. 

The ncaa is a toothless tiger. It generally takes the school's cooperation (e.g., IU) for it to do much against a major school. Will be interesting to see what happens with Zona given the major infractions levied.

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

At this point I’m starting to think it’s an issue with fit within the system as to why these stretch 4’s keep going other places. This is starting to become a pattern.

Seems like a shortsighted view for a recruit. It's pretty simple if you're Archie. Show a recruit all of the wide open jumpers Justin Smith either passed up or flatout bricked or airballed, and let the recruit know that it would be them nailing those shots within our system. 

It's not like stretch 4's don't get tons of shot opportunities, most ever team runs the exact same stuff, we're just looking for someone that wants to come in and actually take/make those shots. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

At this point I’m starting to think it’s an issue with fit within the system as to why these stretch 4’s keep going other places. This is starting to become a pattern.

Just now, BGleas said:

Seems like a shortsighted view for a recruit. It's pretty simple if you're Archie. Show a recruit all of the wide open jumpers Justin Smith either passed up or flatout bricked or airballed, and let the recruit know that it would be them nailing those shots within our system. 

It's not like stretch 4's don't get tons of shot opportunities, most ever team runs the exact same stuff, we're just looking for someone that wants to come in and actually take/make those shots. 

This is what I was thinking after the TK commit and comments he made about IU showing him how they would use him like TJD. Did TK not notice or did IU not show him all the wide open shots TJD never took from 3/outside? Same would apply to JS as BG points out. 

It is beginning to make me wonder if Archie is "too honest" with the recruits regarding their role, playing time, etc. Not sure if true, but we've heard:

TK wants to play the 3, but Archie told him he'd be a 4? 

MM likes Creighton b/c of the offense (and lack of defense-focus), Archie requires both?

I know he shouldn't lie, overpromise/underdeliver, but it seems that other coaches do and don't seem to get any negative repercussions from it. 

2 minutes ago, cybergates said:

This is what I was thinking after the TK commit and comments he made about IU showing him how they would use him like TJD. Did TK not notice or did IU not show him all the wide open shots TJD never took from 3/outside? Same would apply to JS as BG points out. 

It is beginning to make me wonder if Archie is "too honest" with the recruits regarding their role, playing time, etc. Not sure if true, but we've heard:

TK wants to play the 3, but Archie told him he'd be a 4? 

MM likes Creighton b/c of the offense (and lack of defense-focus), Archie requires both?

I know he shouldn't lie, overpromise/underdeliver, but it seems that other coaches do and don't seem to get any negative repercussions from it. 

I would disregard most of "what we've heard". Archie knows how to do this and most of the things posted are rumors, not based in facts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.