Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

12 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

But it’s ok to allow people to constantly troll on here on purpose? This is a forum for Indiana basketball fans who are passionate and keep this site going. Why should we allow people who are purposely coming on here to try destroying that? On top of that it’s been said that recruits and families view this site. So when trolls come on here and act ridiculous on purpose it takes away from what this site is meant to be for. Yes people will say don’t take the hate but that’s easier said than done and plus we are passionate and going to stand up for our Hoosiers. At the very least the people that are causing the problems and multiple people notice it since it’s constant should be warned via pm. Thanks!

Don’t assume all that you see publicly is the full extent of the moderating being done. 

if folks have concerns about something, please reach out. I’m sure many members can attest that all of the mods are pretty responsive.  We are happy to chat about an individual post and explain our thinking on it. We just won’t do it publicly on the board because that’s not the appropriate venue.

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Also, of note is that Steve Alford's birthday is November 23rd.  

Miley Cyrus has a November 23rd birthday as well, but I've not figured out how to tier her to this decision.  

You mean tie? Everything I’ve seen of her I’m sure she is tied up somewhere.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Greg McDermott's birthday is November 25th, for those of you that follow that sort of thing.  :coffee:

He will be celebrating in quarantine 

https://omaha.com/sports/college/creighton/creighton-basketball-reports-positive-covid-test-results-withdraws-from-season-opening-tournament/article_53463c8f-e002-5019-a46f-9f2d000cc54e.html

7 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Don’t assume all that you see publicly is the full extent of the moderating being done. 

if folks have concerns about something, please reach out. I’m sure many members can attest that all of the mods are pretty responsive.  We are happy to chat about an individual post and explain our thinking on it. We just won’t do it publicly on the board because that’s not the appropriate venue.

I am concerned with @5fouls constant usage of both the popcorn and coffee emojis. My digestive system is driving me nuts due to the suggestive powers of said little faces.

Between the distension and flatulence caused by the popcorn and the constant running to the bathroom from the coffee, my wife won’t stay in the same room as I am in.

I apologize for bringing this to the open forum, which is not what you requested, but I have to run to the head and couldn’t take the time to switch to the pm function 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am concerned with @5fouls constant usage of both the popcorn and coffee emojis. My digestive system is driving me nuts due to the suggestive powers of said little faces.

Between the distension and flatulence caused by the popcorn and the constant running to the bathroom from the coffee, my wife won’t stay in the same room as I am in.

I apologize for bringing this to the open forum, which is not what you requested, but I have to run to the head and couldn’t take the time to switch to the pm function 

Fouls does have a tendency to pass along flatulence 

😆

4 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hmmmm.  You may have identified the source of my insomnia.  :coffee:

On 11/20/2020 at 4:13 PM, IU Scott said:

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/recruiting/mason-miller-to-announce-commitment-on-monday?fbclid=IwAR3dYaPTT6wCMkObncE6uGGSWBYvSdV9UArVn5Bfub95eii-xmqNmvKDLdI

What I put in bold should show that the size of campus probably is not a problem.

Miller went on record to say that he likes Creighton's system, but he is a big fan of Indiana's stage.

With the NBA in mind, the Hoosiers do warrant a lot of national attention, and Trayce Jackson-Davis could be NBA-bound after this season, which will only help Indiana's current brand.

Great. So we lose one kid because he was fearful of the stage.....and potentially lose another kid because he wants the stage but doesn't like the system? Funny recruiting class. I would like to end 2021 with a grad transfer this spring or someone who wants to reclassify. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Great. So we lose one kid because he was fearful of the stage.....and potentially lose another kid because he wants the stage but doesn't like the system? Funny recruiting class. I would like to end 2021 with a grad transfer this spring or someone who wants to reclassify. 

One thing for sure...Archie won’t have to worry about playing time in the future. My five is on the floor will take on an all new meaning. Never thought getting kids to come to IU would be such a problem when schools like Dayton are bringing in multiple top 100 kids. We had Crean who would miss out on top recruits and end up with 3 star kids and now we got Archie who just ends up with no one lol. Thank goodness there are a few kids in Indiana that grew up loving the school and tradition or we would be in trouble. 

Edited by dgambill
16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

One thing for sure...Archie won’t have to worry about playing time in the future. My five is on the floor will take on an all new meaning. Never thought getting kids to come to IU would be such a problem when schools like Dayton are bringing in multiple top 100 kids. We had Crean who would miss out on top recruits and end up with 3 star kids and now we got Archie who just ends up with no one lol. Thank goodness there are a few kids in Indiana that grew up loving the school and tradition or we would be in trouble. 

Doubt it. If the other kids weren’t already on board, we’d have more kids interested or lined up. There’s only so many spots. You guys need to stop with the doomsday garbage. Recruiting of all things should be the last thing you’re on CAM’s back about right now. Good grief. 

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I'm not going that direction. I just think we have so much younger talent so when you combine that with other factors Archie just ran into a bad class....which isn't really a bad one with Lander/Duncomb. Not going to critique Archie for recruiting one bit. 

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Longan D. 2021 is a good recruit and one that is going to make hoosier nation proud.  Let's face facts, Indiana kids are not growing up loving IU basketball like they use to.  Coach Crean created road blocks with Indiana High School coaches and programs.  Archie has brought in arguably some of the best Indiana talent in his four years here.  Many say, based on what has been brought in and last years class FINALLY fufills the roles of individuals that are defensive minded and can stretch the floor.  They will fit great with the talent there.  Archie's offensive is based off of point guard play.  With Rob hurt for most of his career, we just have not had someone to run the show.  A heathy Rob, add a year older Franklin and then the number one pg in the country Lander....things are going to change.

Style of play is going to change and with the brand and tv exposure, more will take notice.  

Oh, this is not a bad class-  all, yet to wear the cream and crimson, all freshman.  One dude to look out for is Galloway who played hurt on the AAU circuit and last year in HS.  Everyone is a winner and talented with an upside.

Screenshot_20201122-081712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2a7dc6f8b878427df4dc8628e08d0381.jpg

• Like 3

From the little I’ve read, his comments seem to gravitate toward Creighton. I think we’ve got a good group of younger players that will only improve after this year and will develop into solid players for future. I think it’s hard for a young 3 point shooter to project he’ll have a big role in Archie’s offense. After this year, if we utilize our guys well in that role, we’ll have a better shot at future recruits

My only point is there is a chance we only have 8 maybe 9 scholarship kids on the roster. I’m sure he will bring in a transfer but just saying that’s pretty thin bench. The other thing is you want balanced recruiting classes because you don’t want big swings in numbers and having to play young kids too soon. It wasn’t meant to be a knock on the kids we have landed...but that we seem to be getting shut out for the most part in 21. We already had open scholarships so that is the danger of missing is that now you’ve taken the plan of keeping scholarships open and it’s exasperated.

Edited by dgambill
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

you sure about that?

Let's see, Geronimo, Leal, Galloway. You really don't think they'll challenge? 

Crean who would miss out and end up with 3 star kids. ok. he's now one of 2 coaches since 1996 to put multiple players in the nba's top 5 draft picks, coaching at three different schools. yeah, he sure missed out on players - that's a real overstatement. he failed to create class balance, couldn't maintain winning consistently, and from that lost the IN elite recruiting base, and that's why he's gone.

5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

you sure about that?

Let's see, Geronimo, Leal, Galloway. You really don't think they'll challenge? 

Crean who would miss out and end up with 3 star kids. ok. he's now one of 2 coaches since 1996 to put multiple players in the nba's top 5 draft picks, coaching at three different schools. yeah, he sure missed out on players - that's a real overstatement. he failed to create class balance, couldn't maintain winning consistently, and from that lost the IN elite recruiting base, and that's why he's gone.

That was my only point. Archie was already not using all his scholarships and when you then have a 1 man class and that can lead to unbalanced classes. We are losing 3 guys this year certainly..maybe 4 and replacing with 1...that can be a problem because that can put a ton of pressure on guys like the 3 you said who are complimentary guys...but it’s a long shot they any of them become stars...we hope but they were brought in to be foundational guys/supporting cast.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That was my only point. Archie was already not using all his scholarships and when you then have a 1 man class and that can lead to unbalanced classes. We are losing 3 guys this year certainly..maybe 4 and replacing with 1...that can be a problem because that can put a ton of pressure on guys like the 3 you said who are complimentary guys...but it’s a long shot they any of them become stars...we hope but they were brought in to be foundational guys/supporting cast.

I'd personally rather have CAM pocket scholarships than waste them on players like Priller, Jobe, and Jurkin and bring back "Creaning" ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'd personally rather have CAM pocket scholarships than waste them on players like Priller, Jobe, and Jurkin and bring back "Creaning" ...

Exactly! We will be fine. Itll work itself out. Archies first “down year” for recruiting and we havent even hit spring yet. Smh at people. Its disappointing to not get the guys we swung hard for but i believe kenya hunter is doing an excellent job for the class of 22 thus far. Wait for the long term goals. 

• Like 3
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.