Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Exactly! We will be fine. Itll work itself out. Archies first “down year” for recruiting and we havent even hit spring yet. Smh at people. Its disappointing to not get the guys we swung hard for but i believe kenya hunter is doing an excellent job for the class of 22 thus far. Wait for the long term goals. 

Agreed. And welcome to HSN!

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

My only point is there is a chance we only have 8 maybe 9 scholarship kids on the roster. I’m sure he will bring in a transfer but just saying that’s pretty thin bench. The other thing is you want balanced recruiting classes because you don’t want big swings in numbers and having to play young kids too soon. It wasn’t meant to be a knock on the kids we have landed...but that we seem to be getting shut out for the most part in 21. We already had open scholarships so that is the danger of missing is that now you’ve taken the plan of keeping scholarships open and it’s exasperated.

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That was my only point. Archie was already not using all his scholarships and when you then have a 1 man class and that can lead to unbalanced classes. We are losing 3 guys this year certainly..maybe 4 and replacing with 1...that can be a problem because that can put a ton of pressure on guys like the 3 you said who are complimentary guys...but it’s a long shot they any of them become stars...we hope but they were brought in to be foundational guys/supporting cast.

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No doubt...I’m not that desperate...hopefully we land Aminu and or Miller and makes all this moot.

I guess I'm really not seeing what you're saying with these 3 posts then. Yes, we missed on our main target, and our 2nd target seems a long shot, but who do we go to then? Try to jump in 11th hour on some good kids? We can try it I guess.

But most of the time we did this in earlier years, we recruited a "project." And that never seemed to work out.

I keep seeing where people implore CAM to recruit " shooters." Matt Roth was a shooter, and a damn good one. But you sacrificed a helluva lot in other phases when you had him on the floor. Good shooters who are at least adequate in other phases just don't grow on trees.

So I'm not sure what you're proposing Archie do...

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I guess I'm really not seeing what you're saying with these 3 posts then. Yes, we missed on our main target, and our 2nd target seems a long shot, but who do we go to then? Try to jump in 11th hour on some good kids? We can try it I guess.

But most of the time we did this in earlier years, we recruited a "project." And that never seemed to work out.

I keep seeing where people implore CAM to recruit " shooters." Matt Roth was a shooter, and a damn good one. But you sacrificed a helluva lot in other phases when you had him on the floor. Good shooters who are at least adequate in other phases just don't grow on trees.

So I'm not sure what you're proposing Archie do...

The team that Matt Roth was recruited to had interior defense and a few guys that can pressure the ball.  Plus, you had Ebanks (I think that is what his name was) coming in).  Maybe TheGhost, a name from the past, can confirm.  :) Roth was a role player to stretch the floor to all more lanes.

By all accounts, every player in the 2020 class has shooting range.  Hunter, now heathy has the same.  I hope Al improves as well as Rob.

18 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

The team that Matt Roth was recruited to had interior defense and a few guys that can pressure the ball.  Plus, you had Ebanks (I think that is what his name was) coming in).  Maybe TheGhost, a name from the past, can confirm.  :) Roth was a role player to stretch the floor to all more lanes.

By all accounts, every player in the 2020 class has shooting range.  Hunter, now heathy has the same.  I hope Al improves as well as Rob.

The team that Matt Roth was recruited to was desperate for players. 

My point is, that while I loved Matt Roth and sincerely appreciated what he did while at IU, with what we're trying to build he would be a kid who would never be a serious rotation guy. People who ask "why don't we recruit shooters" are looking at it through a narrow lens.

I don't understand @dgambill point. If we have open schollys, and we miss on a few guys, then what would he propose? It just sounded to me like he wanted to fill them with whatever we could get, and I was just pointing out we've been down that road. 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

That was my only point. Archie was already not using all his scholarships and when you then have a 1 man class and that can lead to unbalanced classes. We are losing 3 guys this year certainly..maybe 4 and replacing with 1...that can be a problem because that can put a ton of pressure on guys like the 3 you said who are complimentary guys...but it’s a long shot they any of them become stars...we hope but they were brought in to be foundational guys/supporting cast.

Actually we don’t know who we’re losing this year, which is part of the issue. Everyone has an extra year of eligibility 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

My point is, that while I loved Matt Roth and sincerely appreciated what he did while at IU, with what we're trying to build he would be a kid who would never be a serious rotation guy. People who ask "why don't we recruit shooters" are looking at it through a narrow lens.

I don't understand @dgambill point. If we have open schollys, and we miss on a few guys, then what would he propose? It just sounded to me like he wanted to fill them with whatever we could get, and I was just pointing out we've been down that road. 

Not at all disagreeing with your point, your correct.  Think about the kid that starred on Pitinos team that was high on IU, but I think IU passed on.  Forgot his name.

The Roth class was an excellent class until Sampson was fired.  Dakitch tried to save it, but something happened.  Not only was Ebanks part of it, but the pg that ended up going to Xavier and had a great career was part of that class.  Maybe Tru Holiday?  Something like that.  Roth was a kid Sampson wanted to bring in to stretch the floor.  By all accounts Leal might be that kid, but can do more.  Let's help!!!!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

By all accounts Leal might be that kid, but can do more.  Let's help!!!!

I think both Anthony and Trey Galloway will be big for us in the future. And I agree, they bring more to the table. I keep hearing "winner" and "competitor" when people close to the program talk about them, including players.

Some guys are just winners. Quinn Buckner wasn't the best basketball player I ever saw, but he epitomized being a winner.

Loved this TDH article quote on Leal...

Rob Phinisee on Leal —

“Anthony is a great shooter, he’s a great defender, he’s really smart, he listens and plays really hard,” Phinisee said.

• Like 3

If he goes to Creighton and IU gets Aminu, brunk and Al come back ... Logan and a grad transfer will take TJDs minutes.  Not the end of the world for next season.   Will have to restock big time in 2022 class.  

just hope IU gets one of these two guys. Miller is probably preferred between the two, less upside, but presumably a 3-4 year player and Aminu is 1-2.   And miller will still be very good. 

Edited by Bustout
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Who is talking about Matt Roth...I have no clue if he was even rated coming out of school but he did have a roll. I mean Leal and Galloway are 3 star players...nothing wrong with 3 star players. Just saying maybe we could have had 1 or 2 in our back pocket as we keep getting shut out on these high profile recruitments. I’m a fan of not using all the scholarships but I don’t like having 1 man classes and I don’t like 5 man classes. That’s all. I’m not asking for reaches...but there are some nice 3 star forwards that yes might take a couple years to develop but we seem to be putting a lot of eggs in our top recruits baskets is all.

Yes we don’t know who is going but why would you come back unless you want a grad degree. Go make some money. I’d be shocked if our seniors come back.

Edited by dgambill
25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Who is talking about Matt Roth...I have no clue if he was even rated coming out of school but he did have a roll. I mean Leal and Galloway are 3 star players...nothing wrong with 3 star players. Just saying maybe we could have had 1 or 2 in our back pocket as we keep getting shut out on these high profile recruitments. I’m a fan of not using all the scholarships but I don’t like having 1 man classes and I don’t like 5 man classes. That’s all. I’m not asking for reaches...but there are some nice 3 star forwards that yes might take a couple years to develop but we seem to be putting a lot of eggs in our top recruits baskets is all.

Yes we don’t know who is going but why would you come back unless you want a grad degree. Go make some money. I’d be shocked if our seniors come back.

The Roth inclusion was more for the constant drumbeat from some about needing shooters, not the question I had for you.

And I agree that getting some 3 star kids like Leal and Galloway would be ideal filling out a class if we swing and miss our big targets.

The trick there is finding kids who want to go to IU badly enough to wait until late in the signing game. If I remember correctly, Leal didn't get an offer from IU until May of 2019 and Galloway just before that in April. Not a lot of kids will wait that long for an offer.

But I do get the point now...

Edited by IUFLA
2 hours ago, KDB said:

Jerry Meyer put in a crystal ball pick for Creighton. 3/10 confidence.

So, does that mean he has a 70% chance of going somewhere else?  😁

Seriously, how lame is it to put a prediction out there and get away with putting only a 30% vote of confidence on it.  I want that gig.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Seriously, how lame is it to put a prediction out there and get away with putting only a 30% vote of confidence on it.  I want that gig.  

Sucker ought to become a meteorologist.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It helps them score people more effectively. Get more points the higher confidence you put. 

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.